A Pauling Therapy Study Design Exercise

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

We need skeptics

Post Number:#76  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:30 am

Well, for the most part, the physicians we deal with, after an initial skeptical period, purchase our products in quantity because the effects they see with their own eyes are so profound. I'm sure many might wish there were more clinical evidence, but when you have patients who can't walk across the room, that can soon paint their homes, they start to agree with Pauling about the lack of need for a study to prove the obvious.

So, what we need are skeptics who are willing to take the time. Whitaker might be a good candidate for several reasons. Are their any readers interested?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Seymore Spectacles

Re: We need skeptics

Post Number:#77  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:24 pm

ofonorow wrote:
So, what we need are skeptics who are willing to take the time. Whitaker might be a good candidate for several reasons. Are their any readers interested?

Owen,

Well, it's been a month. Have you received any e-mails expressing interest in conducting such research? I'm assuming not. :(

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Different Tact

Post Number:#78  Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:39 am

No interest. Thank you for staying interested.

While it is true that we have made some progress here, and we have come up with some good ideas, an investment in money and time is still required.

I've decided to try something completel different. We are presently in the midst of contacting Bill Gates and Warren Buffett (Buffett is now the biggest benefactor of the Gates Foundation).

Several years ago, after the NIH turned The Vitamin C Foundation down (for the second time) we contacted the new Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. They declined our request for a grant, saying such a study was outside their charter (which is apparently to fund AIDS research in Africa) But we never tried to contact Bill Gates directly.

I may publish our letter, depending on their reaction and response. It is a fact that cost of heart disease is around $300 billion in the USA alone. For about 3 million it might be possible to end the entire problem, meaning this "measly" sum might return over 10,000 %, which would be especially important to our children.

Anyway, copies of the Pauling DVD and Levy book are enroute to both men. I'll keep you informed, but after ten years, I'm not holding my breath. (They undoubtedly get hit up for great causes all the time.)

p.s. You know, Linus Pauling himself specifically earmarked a small sum at the Linus Pauling Institute to fund such a study. This $$$ may still be available, and while I doubt they would give it to us, others may wish to write Stephen Lawson at LPI asking whether that fund is still available for heart disease research.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Seymore Spectacles

suggestion

Post Number:#79  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:12 am

Owen,

Many (wealthy) celebrities use vitamins (and other natural/holistic techniques). I wonder if one or more of them would be willing to help fund such a study (perhaps anonymously)? I recall Mel Gibson doing a Public Service Ad demanding that the government stop raiding doctor's offices that carry vitamins.

I recall stormtroopers barging into "Mel's home" and him turning around and saying something like, "Ease up guys! They're only vitamins!".

Also, I just read a story about Madonna creating a scene by injecting herself with a vitamin shot during an airplane flight. Obviously, she must be pretty "hardcore" when it comes to her beliefs about vitamins.

I understand that neither of these two celebrities may be very good role-models but perhaps they can still serve a valuable function in our endeavor. And again, the donation could be made anonymously - if they so desired.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Good idea

Post Number:#80  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:11 am

I had not seen the Mel Gibson parody, but after we receive the inevitable response from Gates/Buffet, I will start the process anew with these two, and any other "rich friends" of vitamin C that people reading this can think of.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Seymore Spectacles

eyes open

Post Number:#81  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:26 am

I'll keep my eyes and ears open, in general, and in regards to celebrities that may be sympathetic to our cause. I work in the entertainment business so perhaps I'll stumble upon something that might help.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Buffett Response

Post Number:#82  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:55 am

The Warren Buffett response was fast, but predictable.

Mr. Fonorow:

Mr. Buffett received your letter and asked me to reply. As you know, he has pledged most of his money to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, along with four other foundations. All of the foundations have very focused priorities and as far as we know they are not taking applications at this time. He knows that your proposal is worthwhile - as are the thousands of others suggested to him - but he believes it makes the most sense to stick to his plan of dispersing his wealth through the foundations.

Sincerely,

Jackie Wilson

For Warren Buffett

I politely responded that I hope he still takes the time to view the Pauling DVD.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Seymore Spectacles

Re: Buffett Response

Post Number:#83  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:06 am

ofonorow wrote:
I politely responded that I hope he still takes the time to view the Pauling DVD.

Owen,

I'm sure we will find someone to contribute eventually. This may be a long process that will involve continued creativity. Nothing meaningful in life comes without significant cost and effort.

To quote Michael Caine's character in The Weather Man, "Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. 'Easy' doesn't enter into grown-up life."

BTW, I really liked your follow-up to the Buffett reply. You left a friendly and inviting door for any further communication. In other words, you made the absolute best of a long-shot. :)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Gates Response for the Record

Post Number:#84  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:27 am

Dear Mr. Fonorow,

Thank you for sending your letter of inquiry to the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation's Global Health Program. We were pleased to have an
opportunity to review these materials and to learn about your planned
activities.

We agree that the work you describe will help to improve health in the
developing world. However, it has been determined that the proposed
activities are not among the current priorities for support by the Bill
& Melinda Gates Foundation
. In order to stay focused on our priorities,
we must unfortunately decline funding for many worthwhile projects.

We are pleased to know that you and your colleagues are committed to
this important work. Thank you for this opportunity to review your
program information and we wish you every success in your fundraising
efforts.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Jones
Grants Inquiry Administrator

At least they are consistent. They turned us down several years ago also, but that time we were looking for help funding a study.

So, does anybody have Mel Gibson's address??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Seymore Spectacles

Mel

Post Number:#85  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:19 am

Owen,

I only have access to Mel's agent, publicist and production companies. I suspect that any unsolicited submission sent to any of these locations is likely to be tossed-out.

Having said that, if you're still interested in that information, I can PM it to you.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Contest

Post Number:#86  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:34 pm

I took the time to reread this entire thread.

I think the reason Rath's study didn't show reversals is probably because his measurement technique measured calcium.

I agree that we need studies. It would be wonderful to be able to run studies on every person using the Pauling therapy.

We still need a measurement technique that measures atherosclerosis the way Willis was able to in 1953. (The answer may someday be Bush cardioretinometry, but not yet.)

New diagnostic and screening techniques are invented regularly. We want to provide an incentive so that forum members will keep their eyes out for the perfect diagnostic and measurement technique.

So to qualify for the "contest", the technique must not already be listed in this thread.

The lower the cost per measurement, the more we would be willing to "pay" the finder's fee.

The more the measurement directly measures atherosclerosis, especially the narrowing of the artery and the reduction (or increase) in the volume of blood flow in coronary arteries, the more finder's fee we are willing to pay.

We'll probably "pay" in jars of our vitamin C.

I'll come up with a formula, but perhaps $10000/ Cost-per-Test is a good start.

If the test cost $5000 the finder's fee is $2

If the test costs $50 per exam, the finder's fee is $200, etc.

I'll have to think more because we are willing to pay more to find the perfect, workable, economical CVD test.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Multi Slice CT: LightSpeed VCT

Post Number:#87  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 am

http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ct/pro ... index.html

I don't know how much hospitals will charge for this test ($750 for private inidviduals, half of what they charge insurance companies) but because of a setback from someone on the Pauling therapy, I know that cardiologists are starting to trust this particular non-invasive test, perhaps even in favor of an angiogram.

The test is fast, I believe it requires about 20 seconds. We are waiting for a cardiologist to study the results.

This case, and one previous case, has made me again rethink "outcomes."

Atherosclerotic plaque, arterial thickening, according to the Pauling/Rath unified theory, are acting as nature's surrogate for low collagen in arteries caused by chronically low vitamin C.

In theory, there is at least one case where elminating the plaque might not produce the most favorable outcome.

We learn from Levy that veins are much weaker tissue than the "3-ply" arteries. What if the reason leg vein bypass operations have worked for 50 years is because of the restenosis that strengthens the veins? The drugs they give (e.g. heparin) are likely to make the bypass "rock hard", etc.

So while simultaneously removing plaque by increasing collagen might work wonderfully with arteries, it might have a detrimental effect on the "artificial" coronary arteries made from large leg veins. Not that there is a better alternative.

I hate to give our "enemies" any ideas, but I would like to better understand the risk of removing all the plaque on a bypass. Perhaps it is better to have more Lp(a) (some optimum level) if you are a bypass patient to keep the bypass strong? (You can take bowel tolerance vitamin C all day long, but you aren't going to change vein tissue into thicker arterial tissue - without Lp(a))

This means that our study might have two different outcomes.

One, will the Pauling therapy remove plaque?

Two, do people's longevity and health and well-being improve on the Pauling therapy, and for how long?

We have assumed that the answer would be the same, or that 2 would follow from 1. But this ignores what the Pauling/Rath theory is telling us about human evolution.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Device For The Early Detection Of Heart Disease

Post Number:#88  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:00 pm

http://www.newstarget.com/022212.html

Device For The Early Detection Of Heart Disease

(NewsTarget) A miniature Ultrasound Machine that can detect whether you may be at risk for heart disease was released on the markets this last week.

This nifty little gadget weighs less than 2 pounds and can take an image of the neck arteries and show if they are clogged with plaque or thickened. It’s suggested that if they are clogged, then the chances are pretty high that the heart arteries are as well
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

No Luck with Mel Gibson

Post Number:#89  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:38 pm

I tried the address of Mel Gibson's agent that Seymore provided, plus two addition addresses that I found on the net hoping to reach Gibson.

At least I received all three DVDs back :-)

The letter from GIbson's agent reads:

December 5, 2007

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your recent inquiry and/or submission. Please be advised , however, that is the corporate policy of the William Morris Agency, LLc not to accept, read, listen to and/or review unsolicited material of any kind. In accordance with such policy, I am returning to you herewith all of your submitted materials.

We wish you the best of luck in your endavors.

At this point, I think this exercise has convinced me that we are going to have to do this ourselves, and that it would be best to focus on a single property - the Pauling therapy's effect on Lp(a). (As Dr. Warren Levin suggested long ago.)

There are no drugs that are known to decrease Lp(a), and niacin (vitamin B3) and vitamin C have been shown to lower Lp(a) approximately 30%.

I think we can do better. And I think we can afford to fund a small pilot study ourselves.

What we need now is an objective physician ( no monetary interest in the outcome) who has access to new heart patients and who would be willing to conduct at least a 3 month study.

Ideally, the patients would not be taking more than 500 mg of vitamin C, and they would have elevated Lp(a).

If the doctor also has a CardioVision machine, that would be helpful, but not absolutely required.

If you are such a doctor, or know of one, PM me for details. We will provide you with one of the Pauling therapy products and the Lp(a) test kits. We will also help you write the paper and fund the statistical analysis of the data.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Archive”