Newbie has questions about dose, storage,

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Newbie has questions about dose, storage,

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:00 am

I just found out about you and the Pauling Protocol. So happy to have this info! Here are my ?s.

- Wondering about the storage of my Cardio-C XL. Top of canister says KEEP FROZEN but the label says cool, dry place temp 59-77 degrees.

First, if you just found out about this, I admire your reading and retention skills!

The Keep Frozen overrides the boilerplate, which is for standard vitamin C and other products. The proline and its nature to absorb moisture is the reason for our instructions to freeze the Cardio-C products. Freezing from day one extends shelf life indefinitely. Moisture inside the jar, which is a little too large, means that there is air and too much moisture, unless frozen.

How do I take a 6K gram dose? (It doesn’t make sense not to take the minimum therapeutic dosage.) So do I mix 2 1/2 scoops with 8 oz of water/juice or do I also need to multiply the water amount? Does that even matter?

Based on Linus Pauling's recommendations from the Unified Theory video lecture, we recommend one scoop daily for prevention, and two to three scoops daily (which equates to 2 to 3 jars of the original Cardio-C monthly. For the Cardio-C XL, which provides 2 scoops per month, you would need an extra jar every so often for an exact 6 gram dosage.

-Are people adding add’l
solo Vit c powder to get the add’l grams…it appears that you should ingest up to bowel tolerance, yes?

So yes, it would be a good idea to use a vitamin C powder for the additional gram of vitamin C daily, and everyone's is different regarding their need for vitamin C. Depending on your situation, I would start with 2 scoops daily. We know of some who started as high as 6 scoops per day, without apparent issues, but we don't recommend that.

And yes, bowel tolerance, which changes depending on stress and illness, provides an excellent guide for the Vitamin C dosage.

And drink every 4 hrs? Or should I just mix up enough at a time to last me a few hrs and then mix more?

Great question. Ideally taking vitamin C every four hours keeps the blood levels constant using the lowest dosage. I have started filling a water bottle with Cardio-C (and a little extra vitamin C because Vit. C degrades in water over time) and sip throughout the day. Pauling's basic recommendation was at least one dose per day. With two scoops,it would be a good idea to take each scoop separately, say 12 hours apart.

Newest "infallible" (otherworldly Medical Medium) information suggests that glucose is needed before a nutrient can be absorbed into our tissues. (Meaning insulin is required, and liposomes are different.) It is possible that adding glucose ( which is available online as dextrose ) and not table sugar sucrose, would reduce the dosage of vitamin C required. To this end, I have started adding dextrose (D-glucose) to my Cardio-C. The idea is that nutrients must bind with glucose to enter cells.

Type I diabetics have different issues, and must think about their insulin when taking supplements.

-What can you tell me about the Cardio Caps? (I rec’d a postcard on them in my package yesterday.) I am trying to figure out the most economical way to approach this. And if I am having circulation issues now (no angina or heart surgeries and in fact, nothing diagnosed), I think I should be on the therapeutic dose, yes? At what point do people go on the maintenance dose? The case studies in the book were mostly extremely high doses.

If there are no symptoms in your case, I do not follow the reasoning why you would be on a "therapeutic dose?" Wouldn't hurt, but usually that dose is for people nearing the end of their rope. You might try a high dose for a while, but a preventive dosage, after you determine your bowel tolerance, makes the most economic sense.

By the way, I just purchased and have started to use the KardioMobile home ECK/EKG monitor. I am most interested in something called the "PR Interval," but that device should be able to give you a general picture of your heart health. As usual, my heart health after all these years on the Pauling Therapy (circa 1996) seems excellent.

Cardio-C CAPS was developed based upon customer demand, but I think people quickly grow tired of all the capsules. My opinion is that they would be good to use between ordinary Cardio-C drink dosages, and perhaps on vacations and trips, etc.

-Lastly, I ordered a bottle of EDTA before I found you. Should I do that for 30 days and then start the protocol? Since the vit c s/b taken throughout the day and the EDTA requires timing and empty stomach, the 2 products at the same time doesn’t make sense. Do you agree?

Any clarification/advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your hard work and enjoy the rest of your day!

D. H.

Curious, what makes you think you may have a heart issue requiring EDTA? If it is a high calcium score, read the "Reason for Taking Vitamin K" post at our heart disease forum. http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11891

The most successful Alt Docs would add Vitamin C and Magnesium to their IV EDTA, so I doubt there is any bad interaction. I wouldn't wait on vitamin C and lysine, starting slowly is fine. Time your EDTA, but I think you can take Pauling's therapy at the same time, for even better results.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Newbie has questions about dose, storage,

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 pm

I’m not much of a ‘post-er’…and I didn’t want to register on the site…(maybe some other time) but I certainly don’t mind you sharing.

I wanted to get back to you about the EDTA. Found out about it 5 yrs ago from a co-worker who was very much alternative in his health approach. I had never heard of it before and I was fascinated…for heavy metal detox. When I started having an issue with my calf (and chilly toes/feet), I surmised that I may have some circulatory issues, possibly PAD. This has never been on my radar so I did some more sleuthing…of course if there’s one blockage, there are prolly more.

I think my Guardian Angel reminded me about the EDTA. Knowing how it worked, I wondered… Could it help clear other blockages??? I put that into Google and bingo! There was a ton of info out there on it. Also knowing that we’re exposed to so many toxins on a daily basis, this seemed like a no brainer. It was something I had already previously considered, although not for heart benefits. I just didn’t want to clear out the Vit C benefits using the EDTA. I guess the timing of it all will be the determining factor.

Do you think you can just have a snack w/the Vit C as opposed to the D-glucose? I take quite a few supplements and always w/some food. But…if I’m trying to space it out, that would mean a lot of snacking, which I try to avoid. Does the D-glucose affect your blood sugar? I will get onto your site to see about the extra Vit C powder. I like that it’s ‘China-free’! I just got the book yesterday so I haven’t finished it. I skipped around trying to find the protocol deets so these answers may be in there and if so, I apologize!

As for using the lowest therapeutic dose in the absence of symptoms, I am having issues that I’ve never had before. Wasn’t King Pauling taking 18K g? I don’t know…did he have heart issues? There were instances of people in the book who reduced their dose and had problems. If I’m going to do this, I want to follow the protocol. Do you feel I can get relief from my slightly ‘heavy’ leg (no swelling of ankle or foot at this point) on 5K g vs the 6K g dose? I feel like this is a wake-up call…!!!

With the craziness of the last 3 years…life has been a real challenge. High stress…my diet and exercise have suffered. It’s been a lot. I have just recently begun to turn that all around (stress is still a constant) but I am highly motivated to resolve this myself. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey!

I am no expert on EDTA, but I know that chelators (e.g.DPMS) have different substances they adhere to and help pull out of the body, The success (miracles) stories (e.g. eyesight returning) were usually with intravenous EDTA. I don't know how well the oral EDTA works. We also discovered that the miracles are usually associated with the vitamin C (and/or magnesium) added to the infusion. Over the years, many heart patients reached out when EDTA failed them. During this period I realized that the successes were only when the doctor followed the standard protocol and added vitamin C and magnesium to the drip.

Pauling consumed 18,000 mg (9 g twice per day) because he computed that the average mammal would produce, adjusted to his body weight, 9000 mg of ascorbate daily (in their livers and sometimes kidneys). Pauling also computed that about half of what we ingest orally is lost during digestion.

There are a few people who have trouble tolerating 500 mg of vitamin C, and there are a few people who report taking more than 30,000 mg of vitamin C daily. For the low bowel tolerance people, we now have liposomal vitamin C products, however I don't think they would work on the blockages as well, since the blockages occur outside the cells. And liposomal may also help reduce the amount of vitamin C the huge "mega" dosers require. For the rest of us, we are in the middle. Have you seen this paper by Dr. Cathcart?

https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Since you are obviously a prolific reader, may I suggest you consider the MEDICAL MEDIUM series which to my mind is a "gift from above" and, so far, I have found nothing to refute the literally "mind blowing" information. It makes sense to start at the beginning:

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Medium-S ... 120&sr=8-5

This is where we mortals learn that glucose (dextrose) is the primary food for the human body required for life, healing, function, etc.

So if the "snacks" are the recommended foods, e.g. fruits such as apples, bananas, pears, apricots, figs, dates, mangos, papayas, melons, etc. then YES, they have the correct form of glucose already bound to the nutrients found in the fruit. Other snacks that used table sugars (e.g. sucrose) would be counterproductive.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Newbie has questions about dose, storage,

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:55 am

Greetings, Owen!

I wanted to share with you that I noticed I had so much energy after being on the protocol for less than a week. I’ve felt really great. It’s just been 2 weeks now and I no longer have the warm gush in my calf and my right leg feels stronger. It doesn’t feel fatigued if I put all my weight on it for a period of time! Yay!

As a reminder, I didn’t have any testing done beforehand. I was treating symptoms and I’m so happy w/my results. I’ve been doing the EDTA twice a day (2 hrs before meals). When I eat, I take a multivitamin/mineral and then do my vit c drink and try to stretch it out. I admit that the timing is a bit crazy but…I feel like it’s working.

I wanted to forward this along, in case you hadn’t heard about it yet:

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2023/02/17/Higher-dietary-vitamin-C-intake-linked-to-telomere-length-for-healthy-aging

I just want to say THANK YOU and time to reorder!

(I know, you’ll respond on the site.)

Have a great weekend, my friend!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”