Megadose test program

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

VanCanada

Re: Megadose test program

Post by VanCanada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 pm

>>> I thought this topic was good as well as the advice, except for "hawthorn extract" and wonder what there is about it that is supposed to be good?

Could you be more specific? I'm not sure what this ambiguous question is asking.

>>> (Perhaps it contains high amounts of lysine or arginine?)

No. Even if hawthorn extract were 100% arginine by weight, or all lysine, or a 100% combination of the two, its well researched beneficial effects would not be explained by this hypothesis of yours.

I'm sorry if you don't make any money when people discuss non-Pauling remedies on your discussion board. If you would like me to remove my post about hawthorn extract then I will be happy to do so.

>>> My negative opinion was formed over the years by people who tried a product with this extract, found no relief and started trying Linus Pauling therapy products.

What exactly did these people try? Without knowing that, your comment has zero technical information.

Let's keep in mind that a poor quality vitamin or a poor quantity of a vitamin will often lead to poor results. This applies much, much more so with herbal medicine. As Mr. Dave Stouder (Host of 'The Vitamin Shelf' radio show from Redwood City, California) is fond of quoting, "The most expensive supplement you'll ever buy is the one that doesn't work." 'Nuff said.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:15 am

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:09 am

VanCanada

Post by VanCanada » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Hawthorn is best-used long term as the active constituents do not produce rapid results. Benefits develop slowly having a direct effect on the heart itself, especially in cases of heart damage and heart problems associated with liver disease. It is gentle and safe for long-term use with no toxic side effects.
I wonder if heart stem cells are somehow being affected by the hawthorn extract? This theory was recently discussed on Dave Stouder's radio program "The Vitamin Shelf" with respect to Dr. Joe Prendergast's 100% success rate treating heart disease patients with Vitamin D-3, large doses of L-Arginine and now, a new addition to his protocol, the "Longevinex" product (which, by the way, protects its active ingredients from light and heat degradation, unlike most or all its competitor products.)

The same biochemical processes could be at play with the hawthorn extract vis a vis repair and maintenance of the cardiovascular system.

I can dig up a reference to the exact radio program discussing this topic, if you like... Just let me know.

Be well y'all.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:00 am

Last edited by studentroland on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 am

I tried locating the radio-program referred to above, but was unsuccessful on my own...
http://www.thevitaminshelf.net/category/dr-joe-prendergast/

VanCanada

Bill Sardi discusses stem cells, resveratrol and Longevinex

Post by VanCanada » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 am

When I listen to it, it suddenly stops just a few minutes into the program...?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”