Elevated cholesterol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Elevated cholesterol

Post by Frank » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Yes, I agree that it's too technical. But the real question is - is it true that Vit C at levels of 4000 - 6000mg per day can cause irreversible damage to the white blood cells?

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 am

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:38 am

My first post was sarcastic :) One of the down sides of widespread dissemination of information is the possibility of disinformation and/or misinterpretation by laypeople. With the advent of the internet it is apparent that one can find pro and con arguments for almost any position and so one has to decide for themselves what to believe. I recommend looking at as many sources as one can find and "sifting" through them to come to a conclusion. In this case, the fact that there are so many people taking megadose Vit C (even 20-30 times or more what they used in the experiment) for long periods of time and claiming vastly improved heath seems to negate the possibility that it is causing significant DNA damage. While it's true that anecdotal evidence is not conclusive it definitely is a place to start investigations. Unfortunately, investigations into megadosing of Vit C have not taken place, probably for socio-economic-political reasons, and so we are left to decide for ourselves.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:00 am

I recommend looking at as many sources as one can find and "sifting" through them to come to a conclusion ----- Unfortunately, investigations into megadosing of Vit C have not taken place, probably for socio-economic-political reasons, and so we are left to decide for ourselves.

Good point...! ...concerning the topic in this thread, "elevated cholesterol" one relevant "source of information" would, as I see it, definitely be Dr. Uffe Ravnskov and his views on the "cholesterol myths"...
http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Frank wrote:But the real question is - is it true that Vit C at levels of 4000 - 6000mg per day can cause irreversible damage to the white blood cells?
Hi Frank,

As "grist for your mill," I have ingested [on average] well in excesss of 50,000 milligrams of ascorbic acid every day for the past 19 years. I have experienced excellent health during all that time, needing [virtually] no drugs, i.e. painkillers, whatsoever, and never needing to visit a health practitioner [dentist excepted]. If I have been damaging my "white blood cells" [or anything else in my body, for that matter], my body has been awfully "silent" about it! I never get sick, and feel good every day, all year long [year after year].

I hope that helps,

David

P.S. I am 64 years old.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 am

Considering the economic forces arrayed against the population learning about and taking vitamin C, I am surprised by the lack of reports about side effects. (I guess it is hard to maintain credibility and assert that vitamin C is harmful.)

The first question to ask about any of these scare reports is why doesn't the same thing happen to animals which make ascorbate themselves 24/7 in the same amounts (adjusted for body weight) or greater?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”