Reported Perils of Arginine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Reported Perils of Arginine

Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Re: Reported Perils of Arginine

Post by randian » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Rather interesting that the article says "L-arginine should be avoided by diabetes patients", considering eDoc suggested in my "scare today" thread that I add L-arginine to my supplement regimen. Three grams daily is the recommended dose, eh?

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kohlrabicroce » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm diabetic, I take a load of arginine every night, and I'm not apparently
having troubles with it.

I wish there was an actual link to the article.

randian

Post by randian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 am

kohlrabicroce wrote:I'm diabetic, I take a load of arginine every night, and I'm not apparently
having troubles with it.

What's a "load"? What health benefits have you observed? Does it taste horrible like most aminos do?

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by angiew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Randian and kohlrabicroce,

My friend is a diabetic who's researched this. He found there's a diabetic
doctor called Dr. Joe Prendergast out of California.

Dr Joe reversed his own plaque using high dosages of L-Arginine.
Dr Joe goes way back with Stamford research with Arginine. His
success rate with diabetics is phenomenal.

Dr Joe uses Arginine for Nitric Oxide production and I guess, to help remove plaque.

However, some recent Nitric Oxide researchers claim L-Arginine doesn't work for NO
production and that Citrulline is better for this purpose because it converts to Arginine
in the body.

I encourage you to sign up for his newsletter and also check out his YouTube channel.
Here are some Dr Joe links:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrJoeTV

http://www.uncommondoctor.com/

http://www.endocrinemetabolic.com/index.html

randian

Post by randian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 am

angiew wrote:However, some recent Nitric Oxide researchers claim L-Arginine doesn't work for NO production and that Citrulline is better for this purpose because it converts to Arginine in the body.

How is citrulline->arginine->NO supposed to produce more NO than arginine->NO?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 pm

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsad/a/Arginine.htm This is the link to the article- judge for yourself. One study had 9grams of Arginine taken daily for 3months to help with Angina . Normal amounts between 1-3grams a day.
Check out Nobel Prize winner Dr Louis Ignarro he used arginine,citrulline and taurine and of course Vitamin C :shock: His book NO more Heart Disease

randian

Post by randian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:33 pm

I see some 5000mg arginine/1000mg citrulline products on Amazon (like ProArgi-9 Plus) that mention Ignarro's work. Is that an appropriate/sufficient dose compared to what Ignarro was working with? Are any of these products straight arginine/citrulline, with maybe a bit of stevia, but that's it? Many contain vitamins I'm already supplementing.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by angiew » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 am

I encourage every body to check out Dr Joe's YouTube channel
and put Arginine in his channel search box.

I think Dr Joe is the formulator of Argi9-Plus. It's MLM and expensive, but its suppose to be a pretty good product.

My friend used to take Arginine with Citrulline but he's just taking Citrulline now because most of the Arginine is destroyed in the stomach during the digestive process according to several sources.

According to Dr Ignarro, 4 to 6 grams of Arginine is needed for a therapeutic dose.

If you want to mix pharmaceutical Arginine and Citrulline together at a much reduced cost, (though its nasty tasting) visit: http://www.nutrabio.com/index.html.

randian

Post by randian » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

I see that "arginine is destroyed by digestion" bit on several forums, but not in articles on the subject.

I ended up buying the Arginine Infusion product on Amazon. A little less expensive (way less expensive than ProArgi9) and supposedly better flavor according to L-Arginine Reviews. I got the 10oz jar to start, even though it's not as good a value as the jumbo jar, because I wanted to see if it's palatable and effective (though one would hope any of these 5g arginine/1g citrulline products are equally effective). It's a little high in carbs (5g/serving), probably why it tastes better, so I'll split it into 2 doses/day. I read that you must must get at least 2g of arginine in a single serving for it to work, a "wall" effect, so 2.5g should be ok.

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kohlrabicroce » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Randian, I take arginine at night mostly because I ahve an interest
in it as a growth hormone precursor. I take about 4 grams a night,
plus 2 grams of citrulline. It is funky tasting yes.

This was before I got into vitamin c, but I still take the arginine,
and I do feel it helped my circulation.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 pm

randian wrote:I see that "arginine is destroyed by digestion" bit on several forums, but not in articles on the subject.

I ended up buying the Arginine Infusion product on Amazon. A little less expensive (way less expensive than ProArgi9) and supposedly better flavor according to L-Arginine Reviews. I got the 10oz jar to start, even though it's not as good a value as the jumbo jar, because I wanted to see if it's palatable and effective (though one would hope any of these 5g arginine/1g citrulline products are equally effective). It's a little high in carbs (5g/serving), probably why it tastes better, so I'll split it into 2 doses/day. I read that you must must get at least 2g of arginine in a single serving for it to work, a "wall" effect, so 2.5g should be ok.

Hmm.. I thought proteins were digested into amino acids.. If digestion can truly break down amino acids, wouldn't we be in big trouble?

I guess I am currently in the process of taking Dr. Joes expensive MLM product, and the offer is that I get the product refunded if my "pulsewave digital analysis" score doesn't improve :-) It is a win/win, but honestly, I feel worse lately, not better since starting the high argninine/citruline.. I know, we are all different.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post by randian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Turns out I was wrong about the carb numbers. The label claims 1g carbs, but 30 calories, per serving. I took my first dose today, we'll see if there's any long-term effect on blood pressure. The healing of endothelial cells should be a nice side effect.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by angiew » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 am

Hi All,

here's the arginine dilemma explained by Dr Nathan Bryan a leading NO expert. Just to let you know... sell there own product called neodaily40 for NO without arginine.

To arginine or not is the question???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1xItYUeAV0

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 pm

angiew wrote:Hi All,
To arginine or not is the question???

It's easy for me to measure it's effects. If I take a sufficient dose of above 3 g at night, I get a morning erection. A thing of the past otherwise, with the 80% blockage of my abdominal aorta.

Here the first of a series of threads dealing with this subject:

http://www.heartlifetalk.com/forums/yaf ... art-1.aspx

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”