Withdrawal or rebound symptoms from Metoprolol Succ er

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Withdrawal or rebound symptoms from Metoprolol Succ er

Post by rayabacus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Jimmy,
I have doubled my VE to 2,000 IU and have doubled my Magnesium to 1 gram total and although I was taking an Omega-3 oil I added 2 grams of flaxseed oil. I have difficulty doing this in 3-4 settings so worst case is twice daily.

Owen,
Added the multi back in with the rest today. So far OK for the day. I had a bout around 1 this AM but went back to sleep and only started the additional VE yesterday afternoon. HR has been maintaining today between around 62 to 70 which is about 20% more than my normal before this med but certainly acceptable.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 am

My husband has had three heart attacks and on the last one he sustained some heart damage. EFR of 35. He was put on Metoprolol and Ramripil. Its been a year now since the heart attack. His heart rate and BP are always low. The doctor keeps saying the Metoprolol will help the heart recover but my husband wants to gradually phase this prescription out along with the Ramipril. He occasionally will feel like his heart is pounding out of his chest. my husband is not a person who believes in taking any prescription medication for life. He is gradually reducing his lipator but I'm not sure he will ever be able to stop his effient, his stents have closed twice on him now.
Is it wise for him to try and reduce this medication? is it true what the doctor said that Metoprolol will help his heart damage?
Any thoughts?

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Apparently I cannot get off of this drug. Day 16, 17 and 18 off was miserable with HR up to 170 and dizziness and shortness of breath. So...I went to the Dr. today and started taking the Metoprolol again this morning. Both the Naturopath and the MD examined me and told me that I either needed to get the HR down or go to the ER. Well HR came down to the 100's and I took an VC IV with other minerals and supplements and when I left HR was 69 and blood pressure was 123/78.

MD said that I really should stay on the Metoprolol until I have the blockage cleared out. She said that I could then wean down and actually transfer to another drug that has less of a rebound effect when I'm ready. This was my first IV at 50 grams and I feel fairly good right now with HR at 64. Yesterday was horrible with HR bouncing from the 90's to 170 throughout the day and I actually passed out briefly once. Unless I have some other issues in the meantime I am going to continue my VC regimen and I think I will opt for a VC infusion once a week or so, keep taking my supplements, stay on my diet path and of course, take the Metoprolol. I will have new blood, urine and heart tests in November and see what progress I have made.

Just want to keep all updated.

rayabacus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rayabacus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Question for anyone. When I have these VC infusions, how does that effect my normal regimen? Do I skip for the day and resume the next or keep to the schedule?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 am

First, the half-life of vitamin C in the blood is 30 minutes (Thank you Drs. Hickey/Roberts).

You could reduce oral vitamin C intake, but why?

Hugh Riordan was the first, to my knowledge, to notice that even after an IV - the amount of vitamin C in the blood can be ZERO!
The story is told in this video lecture by Dr. Riordan
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pnvtep-O8y8
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”