resting heart rate

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sean
Contributor
Contributor

resting heart rate

Post Number:#1  Post by sean » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:15 am

Owen
I have been taking cardio c regularly for the past 3 weeks, i realised my resting heart rate is bewten 75 to 85 bpm. Is this normal? Could it be the effect of vit. C ? Any one has similar condition?how to get the hr down other than beta blocker? I m post cabg 3x 7 month.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: resting heart rate

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 am

I think "normal" is going to be very personal. Do you know what your resting heart rate was before starting?

For a long time I monitored my HRV (heart rate variability) as a training tool and while doing so I noticed that when healthy (ie not sick with ac old etc) and rested, (couple days off from the gym) my resting heart rate was in the low 50's which if often classified as bradycardia however since I am a long time athlete its deemed "ok" and they refer to me as having an athletic heart.

What I found in monitoring my HRV is that it was not only very susceptible to physical stress but also supplementation. As I was building up my supplement regiment quite often when I added in a new nutrient there would be a transitory period where I would notice a marked increase in resting heart rate and a drop in my HRV reading. Generally speaking the higher the HRV number the healthier your hearts and cardiovascular system. For some supplements this lasted for a few days and for others a few weeks.

I hypothesize that this elevated heart rate is in response to your body having and influx of nutrients that it can use for various functions and to get the most use of them heart rate is slightly elevated to facilitate the the use of these new raw materials and disposal of toxins that may be flushed out as well.

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by sean » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:42 am

I do Not know my resting hr before taking cardio c. i m post 3x cabg 8 months n my cardio put me on beta blocker , but it does not really help...my bp is normal (110~125/70~80).

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 am

sean wrote:Owen
I have been taking cardio c regularly for the past 3 weeks, i realized my resting heart rate is between 75 to 85 bpm. Is this normal? Could it be the effect of vit. C ? Any one has similar condition?how to get the hr down other than beta blocker? I m post cabg 3x 7 month.

I thought exitium's comments/experience was interesting.

For me, 75-85 sounds well within the normal range. I know my brother was concerned when his reached upwards of 140 BPM. At that time johnwen mentioned that when the heart itself is "starving" - for nutrients or oxygen - it can start beating faster in an attempt to feed itself. I don't think a doctor would prescribe a drug to slow your heart down for 75-85 BPM.

Three weeks may or not be sufficient to open up the arteries and veins, depending on your dosage.

Couple of ideas. Take REAL niacin in the morning. You get used to the flush to the point it is enjoyable - that will definitely dilate your arteries.

And increase your intake of asorbable magnesium. Magnesium is used in hundreds of metabolic pathways and is always good for the heart.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by sean » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 am

Owen
Thanks ..... i m taking about 1 scoop daily. How much dosage shall i take for the mag. in order to open up 70% of blockage in lad which has been by passed.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Well, 1 scoop daily is Pauling's suggested "preventive dosage" and about half his recommended therapeutic dosage (5-6 grams of vitamin C and lysine). Now your "low" dosage has worked in at least one individual I know, my uncle, but generally you want to at least reach the minimum therapeutic dosage of vitamin C and lysine, especially with a blocked LAD !?!

Start with 500 mg of real niacin. And when the flushes stop, in my case after 3 days, then slowly increase to 3000 mg of niacin.

300 mg of absorbable (chelated) magnesium is a good daily target to start. (3000 mg can cause people to feint from low blood pressure.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by sean » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:45 am

Noted with thanks

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”