Question about Pauling therapy and cholesterol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Question about Pauling therapy and cholesterol

Post Number:#1  Post by johnyascorbate » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 pm

A family member of mine just started the Pauling therapy and her cholesterol increased. I have read here on the forum that cholesterol numbers can increase in the blood as it is being scrubbed from the arteries. I am wondering if this increase in cholesterol can definitely be attributed to the release of cholesterol from the arteries? Does anyone have any literature that cholesterol can increase as its being released? Can this transient effect of high cholesterol happen to anyone that is doing anything that scrubs away the plaque? How long until we test the cholesterol again? Thanks

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question about Pauling therapy and cholesterol

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 am

We wish we knew, aka NO ONE STUDIES PAULING'S THEORY AND THERAPY. :evil: Okay, with that out of my system.

How long between starting and that measurement, and what were the numbers, especially the total cholesterol (and if foreign units, what is the normal) ?

We have occasional reports like this, and a working guess is that cholesterol is being released from arterial walls, and is being recycled. (I can tell you it is no longer working like that in my case!!!)

Some time in the distant past, there was a home cholesterol measuring kit sold at Walgreens, (very much like a home glucose monitor.) You'd prick your finger and Ouila - you'd have your cholesterol. And from monitoring done by people who were willing to spend the money on the test strips, we learned quite a bit.

1. The value varies throughout the day by a wide margin (so either the test was bad, or cholesterol is like a yo-yo)
2. The type of wine drunk the night before predicted the next mornings reading?
3. ...

Point is that the number may or may not be of much value. The "measured" Lp(a) value, on the other hand, does provide more information.

Apparently, the only reason cholesterol numbers would remain constant between lab tests is the fast before the regular measures.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:41 am

Hi Johnyascorbate
Patients with existing cardiovascular disease showed temporary increase in cholesterol after starting vitamin programs. There were higher triglycerides and Lp(a).
People who had no cardiovascular disease did not show an increase of cholesterol.
If it is Literature you are looking for then if my memory is correct, this was in The Lancet 1972 by a doctor of the name Spittle no prizes why my puerile mind remembered that Dr :)
It is supposed to be a good sign, the increased cholesterol, as it is assumed to be coming from atherosclerotic deposits. My humble advice would be increase your dietary soluble fibre and take Niacin(if you aren't already)

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by johnyascorbate » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. Her total cholesterol jumped from around 210 all the way up to 250ish. I hope it is a sign that we are moving in the right direction.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 am

Anything new to report?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by johnyascorbate » Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 pm

She has not had any new labs done since I last reported. I hope the increase is a "good" thing, but we'll have to wait and see. Part of me is wondering if the increase in her cholesterol is due to some other source of inflammation in her body. I'm confident in the Therapy and what it can do, but if there is something causing inflamation maybe she won't have a positive response from the protocol until that is addressed. I will post again once she gets new blood work done.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Sun May 03, 2015 9:34 am

Here's something to think about. I've seen this in about 8 out of 10 people who have this problem!!

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles. ... nfarction/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”