Can you megadose Cardio-C and what about liposomal?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can you megadose Cardio-C and what about liposomal?

Post by ofonorow » Fri May 01, 2015 5:37 am

Hi Owen

Am loving reading your book. It's fantastic. Am a fan of Linus Pauling and his colleagues from way back. Am getting my brother-in- law onto the cardio c. Have given him one of mine to try. Will hopefully sign him up to auto shipping.

I just have a question for you that I am hoping for some advice. A friend of mine has got giant cell artertis and is on huge doses of prednisone and is having awful side effects. My suggestion to her is vitamin c for artery integrity??

A bit of controversy re Liposomal versus Powdered C. Dr Levy seems to suggest liposomal is better in that it gets into the cells easier? Can you also take mega doses of the cardio C or would you be better to take the normal doses of cardio and up the powdered. Much appreciated. Thank you.
Chery

We created a topic at our forum about the liposomal C & heart disease issue:

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11648

From my experience, while the liposomal can be 10-times IV for fighting infection, you still require the same amount of vitamin C for heart disease, e.g. 10,000 mg - even in liposomal form, which is much more expensive than ordinary powder.
And the anti Lp(a) affects probably happen in the blood stream, outside of cells. It makes sense to start the regimen with ascorbic acid powder, in the same way it doesn't make sense to try to combat or prevent heart disease with intravenous vitamin C.

I am not familiar with the giant cell 'artertis' problem, do you have a link? But I would suggest that your friend read SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3rd Edition, by William Mck Jefferies, and then relay this information to his doctor. Because taking high does of prednisone for extended periods IS DANGEROUS. If the only reason is this arterial problem, he should also try vitamin C first. (The safe way to take cortisol (e.g. prednisone) is in low dosages at the book explains.

We know of people whohave megadosed on Pauling's formula (vitamin C/lysine and proline) but we feel the extra lysine is unnecessary above 6 grams daily. So we recommend 2 or 3 servings of Cardio-C, and then obtaining any extra vitamin C requirement with regular vitamin C powder - or with True liposomal vitamin C .
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can you megadose Cardio-C and what about liposomal?

Post by Johnwen » Fri May 01, 2015 10:05 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am

For how long? Dosages like this are what give the "drug" such a bad name. There must be better ways to control chronic inflammation rather than such a high dose? Not to mention (it is my understanding) that such a dose essentially turns off the adrenal output of cortisol. If true, this creates a need for at least 10 to 15 mg of prednisone indefinitely.

I wonder what her blood sugar is?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue May 05, 2015 10:47 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”