Does taking cardio c really help lower the lipoprotein a level in your blood?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does taking cardio c really help lower the lipoprotein a level in your blood?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 am

Owen,

I have a question regarding the reduction of the level of lipoprotein a in your blood .

My blood work came back and they said I had a high level of lipoprotein a. I have been taking cardio c for almost 6 months and I was wondering how do I get that lower.

I don’t know what my number was before the vitamin c treatment because I never took it in any blood work.

What I am wondering is can I get this down through the cardio c treatment or is it not working for me.

I usually put two scoops in twice a day.

I am going on a plant based diet now following dr esselstyn’s program from the Cleveland clinic, but was wondering how your program can help like it says on the website.

Does taking cardio c really help lower the lipoprotein a level in your blood.

Please, what are the Lp(a) numbers, and most importantly, are they measured (valid) or calculated (probably invalid)?

One sanity test is that Lp(a) is a subset of LDL cholesterol, so if the Lp(a) number is bigger than your LDL number, something is off.

As I report in my book, a medical school professor with elevated Lp(a) tried vitamin C and lysine - and per the literature, his Lp(a) dropped about 30% on the first six month test. (This is about the same as would be predicted for Niacin). Then he added proline, forgot the next six month measurement, but one year later, his Lp(a) was zero.

He called me about the zero measurement. There are theoretical reasons why adding proline would reduce Lp(a).

But for the sake of argument, lets assume that your Lp(a) is elevated, then your requirement for the Pauling/Rath invention and intervention is even higher than most people. That invention is called Lp(a) binding inhibitors (and they have 3 patents on the effect which you can find the links at http://paulingtherapy.com) . Lp(a) binding inhibitors (lysine or proline with vitamin C) attach via the lysine (and proline) binding sights on the Lp(a) cholesterol molecules, rendering them unable to bind to the arterial wall.

So my idea, if the blood test is accurate, would be that you need to increase your Pauling therapy dosage.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does taking cardio c really help lower the lipoprotein a level in your blood?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 06, 2015 6:58 am

Owen,

The report reads normal range <30

The units for this test of liprotein a is mg/dl

It looks like it was measured by the range and units as mg/dl

If this is true and my number is high what specific protocol should I use to lower this number to remove the risk.

And also has it been done before that someone has lowered their number below 20 or even to 0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should I increase the scoops per drink and how many per day or less scoops and more drinks throughout the day.

If those are "measured" results, (and not calculated as the FDA allows laboratories to do with Lp(a)), then yes, they are indeed high. I doubt the number is measured, but if it is real, the score indicates that more vitamin C, lysine and proline (Lp(a) binding inhibitors) may be needed according to Pauling.

One question is then, what is your bowel tolerance for taking vitamin C? How much vitamin C are you able to take throughout the day before gas and/or diarrhea?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does taking cardio c really help lower the lipoprotein a level in your blood?

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 06, 2015 7:04 am

Owen,

Another question – is cardio c the right protocol to be taking?

That is what I have been taking for awhile but I guess I need to increase the dosage as well as get off the paleo diet which includes a lot of what they call healthy fats.

Is there a certain protocol along with the cardio c that I should do ?

I want to believe that now that I know my numbers , that I can see it go down .

Thanks

Personally, I think a paleo - or low carbohydrate diet - is fine. Fats play no role in lipoproteien(a) to my knowledge. If your Lp(a) is that high, it is probably genetic, but I doubt the number is real given your LDL number.

First step is to find out whether the baseline number is real by retesting. There are labs you might retest, such as the VAP test from Atherotech and various other labs that will measure Lp(a). Make sure the baseline is measured (and not calculated). What was the testing company?

In any case, more vitamin C, lysine and proline makes sense - just in case - to prevent plaques and even reverse them, according to Pauling.

Usually 2 servings Cardio-C per day begins the reversal effect in most people, but knowing your vitamin C bowel tolerance provides a hint whether something else is going on that may be draining your vitamin C stores.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 06, 2015 7:06 am

Should I also be taking vitamin k or k2 ?

Can you tell me which product I should take and how much to see if we can get better results.

I believe that vitamin K should always be part of the heart protocol as it works against calcium build-ups in the arteries.

I take the Super-K product (1 tablet daily) from Life Extension (LEF.ORG) because it has a mixture and seems to work for me and my wife.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 06, 2015 7:09 am

In my case would it be better to nattinkonase instead of vitamin k2 ?

I wouldn’t want something to promote clotting in I have plaque buildup would I , or am I not understanding the differences between the two?

Good question. These are my opinions.

Vitamin K2 fits Pauling's definition of "orthomolecular" - a molecule the body knows and is designed for.

What is "natural" or "orthmolecular" about nattinkonase? And do you believe you have serious blockages where some enzyme might matter? If there is no blood flow, I might try nattinkonase as a last resort.

Vitamin K does not promote clotting, but your body cannot clot without it. Subtle distinction. Medicine plays a dangerous game by reducing your blood ability to form clots in hopes of keeping a clot from causing a heart attack. They do this by interfering with the normal action of vitamin K in some way.

If you do not have unstable plaques or a propensity to form a blood clot, then, in my opinion, the benefits of vitamin K far outweigh the risk, but we are supposed to leave these decisions to doctors. Unfortunately, they know the drug side of the equation, but not the nutrition side.

At this forum, discussions have favored the vitamin k2 form because while it does not seem to play any role in clotting, it does have the effect of moving calcium from soft tissue into bones. So perhaps a safe way to begin vitamin K supplementation is to begin with K2... for a few months, before going to a complex with all the forms of vitamin K... (Your intestinal flora makes vitamin K by the way..)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”