10-year-old boy diagnosed with Myxoma

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10-year-old boy diagnosed with Myxoma

Post Number:#1  Post by Robaltap » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 am

Hello,

My cousin, 10 years old (will be 11 in december), yesterday was diagnosed with heart myxoma. He is very active boy & was going to enter one more sport circle, but was advised to check the heart first & so this myxoma was found. His parents were advised to cut his sports activity for now & schedule a surgery as soon as possible.
So the question is obvious - what can we do (with vitamins etc) to help this boy besides everything that official medicine is going to propose?

Here is his diagnosis:

Cavity of the heart is slightly enlarged.

False chord/tendon in the apical-third of the Left ventricular.

Retractive function of myocardium is normal.

LVEF left ventricular ejection fraction 76,7 % - HIGH

Ovoid tumor of basal anterior part of the interatrial septum 5x3 cm Immobile with uneven contour, hyperechoic with growth in the direction toward both the right and left atria at 1/3 of their size, more to the left: myxoma

Valves, pericardium, great arteries are of normal patterns/structure.

DechoCG: blood flow is slightly increased/enhanced in the left atrium along the prominent/protruding tumor, gradient 10 mm Hg

Transvalvular blood flow is not changed.
----------

Thank you in advance!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 10-year-old boy diagnosed with Myxoma

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:54 am

Hopefully johnwen will respond! (This one is above my pay grade)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:52 pm

This condition needs to be addressed ASAP! About the only hope is to have it resected! This is a rarity in such a young child but happens and the problem here if it’s not addressed soon, can start forming in other parts of the body like the brain and spine.

My concern is if it’s effecting the electrical functions of the heart!
So I would have to ask if had any indicators on his EKG that show any kind of abnormalities ??

Normally the rise of concern in discovery is done by listening to the heart usually there is a abnormal sound at the end of S2 (ventricle phase) usually a grade 2 sound. Hopefully this is why the doc sent him for the echo!

Right now as far as supplementing I would concentrate on getting his physical being as strong as possible! It has to come out! He needs to be as strong as possible for the operation!

Sorry! But waiting only leads to further problems down the road.
However there is still a chance that there maybe a regrowth somewhere else even with the surgery. So he’ll have to be monitored after this!

As far as a cause it’s not in his genes! It’s just one of those things where something gets crossed up and causes things to grow where they shouldn’t!
It’s primarily related to the endothiel cells but they haven’t been able to pinpoint just what causes it!

As far as it being a Cancer the odds are 6 to1 against it but they have to cut it out so the lab can find out for sure! However at his age I doubt it!

Be thankful he made it this far it’s quite a common cause of stillbirths!

I wish you and yours and Him the best of luck in his future!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Robaltap » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 am

Thank you very much for this information! I'll see the EKG, Echo & write what it says. I just wanted to ask right now about the supplements, as we want to start helping him to prepare as soon as possible - could you please write what exact supplements are recommended right now? We have VC, Q10, taurine, L-lysine etc & can start right away (he actually already taking VC), but would like to know for sure what is safe for him in order not to do any harm (this "sudden death" words in symptoms list making us supercautious about everything). Thank you!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by eDOC » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Robaltap wrote:Thank you very much for this information! I'll see the EKG, Echo & write what it says. I just wanted to ask right now about the supplements, as we want to start helping him to prepare as soon as possible - could you please write what exact supplements are recommended right now? We have VC, Q10, taurine, L-lysine etc & can start right away (he actually already taking VC), but would like to know for sure what is safe for him in order not to do any harm (this "sudden death" words in symptoms list making us supercautious about everything). Thank you!

Use DMSO he should be good, shall take care of all issues.

Good Luck.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Robaltap » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:20 am

eDOC wrote:Use DMSO he should be good, shall take care of all issues.
Good Luck.

Never heard of DMSO. I need to read about it, thank you!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Robaltap » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 am

Sorry for bothering again, but I would be greatly appreciated if someone could give an advice again (Johnwen?). They did more tests since the doctors wasn't sure that it is indeed myxoma - and after new EchoCG, MRI & CT Scan they don't know what it is at all now. I'll quote the papers below & here is the link to photos & videos from these tests (along with quoted conclusion papers): https://www.sendspace.com/file/ixwhu1 Could you please write your thoughts on this, have you dealt with anything like this in the past & what can we do to help this young boy. Thank you very much!

------------------------------

-=EchoCG=-

EDD - 4,5 cm
ESD - 2,7 cm
RV - 2,3 cm
Ao - 2,1 cm
AAo - 2,1 cm
LA - 3,3(4,6*3,6) cm
RA - 4,8*4,0 cm

IVS - 0,7 cm
PWLV - 0,7 cm
EF - 71 %
FS - 40 %
SV - 72 ml

Chambers of the heart: right ventricular cavity is moderately dilated. In the projection of both atriums along the whole IAS is space-occupying lesion sized 5,3*3,9 cm, not associated with the structures of the TV valve, without obstruction of the AV orifice/openings. The lesion is closely adjacent to the base of the aorta and the base of the anterior mitral leaflet.
Accelerated flow in the superior vena cava with HD 7 mm Hg.
IVS - traced/observed along the whole length.
IAS - not traced/observed clearly
Retractive function of the myocardium of the left ventricle is satisfactory.
Areas of hypokinesis are not revealed.
Aorta is not dilated.
Aortal valve: leaflets are thin, flexible, HD 9 mm Hg.
Mitral valve: leaflets are thin, flexible.
Tricuspid valve: without peculiar properties.
Pulmonary artery: not dilated, trunk diameter 2,2 cm.
Pulmonary artery valve: without peculiar properties, HD 7 mm Hg.
Extra chord/tendon in the middle third of the cavity of the left ventricle
Pericardial features: no effusion.

Doppler EchoCG (with CDM):
Mitral regurgitation - ( no )
Tricuspid regurgitation - ( + )
Aortal regurgitation - ( no )
Estimated pressure in the right ventricle 23 mm Hg.
HD in the superior vena cava 7 mm Hg.

Conclusion: space-occupying lesion in the atria. CT scan is recommended to clarify the localization.

-=CT Scan=-

Scan mode: spiral. The slice thickness: 0,5mm.
Contrast enhancement - "Ultravist 370" 50ml.

Objective: to exclude space-occupying lesions of the atrium.

Vessels of the mediastinum are not dilated.

Thoracic aorta without changes: ascending section 17,5 mm, at BCV level 16mm, at the level of the left subclavian artery 15mm, descending 14mm, at crura of diaphragm level 12,5mm, pulmonary trunk 17mm, right branch 13mm, left 15mm.

Pulmonary veins flow typically into left atrium.

Interatrial septum is partially traced in the lower/basal divisions, he rest of the length is not clearly differentiated due to the presence of space-occupying lesion with clear/distinct, sometimes bumpy/uneven contours, sized 53x34x50mm, fairly homogeneous patterns/structure of densitometric density 53-60HU, with areas of partial calcification at the periphery and a single section hypodensive density (up to 31HU) sized 7x11mm. This lesion compress SVC orifice to slit-like form up to 2mm in cross-section, without the prolapse through the atrioventricular orifice/openings and the involvement of valves, "wraps/surrounds" the posterior contour of the base of the aorta without convincing signs of invasion. Functional internal volume of the atrium is reduced. In the venous phase of contrast (70 sec.) accumulation of contrast agent by mass lesion is not observed (contrast gradient of less than 5 HU).
Coronary arteries depart typically from the coronary aortic sinuses, evenly contrasted, with a close location from the present lesion, without signs of invasion.
Interventricular septum is traced/observed along the whole length without reliable/certain signs of a break. Fluid in the pericardial cavity is not detected.

Conclusion: CT-image of space-occupying lesion in the projection of the interatrial septum (fibroma?).

Thank you!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am

deleted........
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by Robaltap » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:11 am

We would be appreciated if someone could write about supplements support after surgery in such case because they did it on 7th of october. The tumor was resected, but surgeon had to leave 3 cm out of 5 since it was impossible to resect all of it & the surgery went for 6 hours. They said that it looks like the tumor is old (since it's calcification, density etc). He feels ok now, but we would like to know how can we support his health with supplements now? They take some VC, but what about exact amount & other supplements? Is it ok for him to take Q10, taurine, lysine etc?

Also there's the issue with the recovering from anesthesia - his father noted that the boy became more vulnerable, whining, irritable & even has hair loss (parents saw hair on his pillow) - they are consulting with doctors now, but again would be appreciated if someone here could give an advice about natural, supplements approach in dealing with such issues.

Thanky you!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:09 am

Is he listless? Otherwise he is awful young for CoQ10. Very many steps (and vitamins) are required for the human body to make coq10 itself, so good nutrition is important. (Maybe supplement 100 mg for a limited time to see whether it helps.)

It is hard to go wrong following Linus Pauling's core advice from the 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER

In a nutshell,
6-18 grams vitamin C
400-800 iu vitamin E
25000 iu vitamin A
1 or 2 Super B-complex
multi vitamin/mineral.
Reduce sugar and drink a lot of water.

In your son's case, adding lysine (and possibly) proline wouldn't hurt to 'strengthen" the boy as johnwen suggested.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by Robaltap » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Thank you for the answer. No he's not listless, I would say he is irritable & touchy, much more than he ever was, parents don't recognize him being this way (I'm not his father, by the way, he's my cousin.) Never thought CoQ10 can do any harm to the young aged, will be more watchful now...

Ok, I'll tell parents to try Pauling protocol, but could you please be more specific about children dosage (10-11 year old) of Lysine, Proline & B-complex?

Also, I wonder - since he became so much touchy, I guess he must benefit from taking niacin or niacinamide? I've read a lot about it since I'm taking it myself & know everything about flush etc, but what about children dosage taking into account such heart (& surgery) issues?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:23 am

C’mon Robaltap this kid has been to Hell and back and you guy’s are worried why he’s irritable?

#1 Don’t expect anything even resembling normal for at least 8 weeks after this operation!
Just watch for any wound abnormalities like pus seeping out or spot bleeding.
If the used Derma bond (crazy glue) to close the wound allow the cover to come off by itself don’t pick at it.
Keep the wound area clean if there no gaps in the cut wipe area with alcohol wipes to clean the area around it.

Don’t allow him to lift anything that even comes close to heavy or push anything around and POSITIVELY DON”T SHAKE ANYTHING!
No Jumping around and a lot of laying around for this initial period!

After that 8 weeks he can start back on mild normal activities which will and should bring back his attitude.

If he experience’s any pain that don’t come an go get him to his doc to be checked out!

If his breast bone is still sticking up at the top of his chest he needs to see the doc about this since he’s going on 3 weeks post! It should have popped back within the first week!

Talk to his parents and let them know he needs to talk about what he’s thinking and feeling and they need to be supportive of him and guide him that he’ll be ok ! Like I said this isn’t an easy thing for a kid Or anybody to go thru!

As far as V-C and supp’s he should be taking a good dose but don’t push for any mega anything right now! I would say about 3000mg. V-C spaced over the day would help him here!
L-Lysine about 1500mg. over the day!
Proline about 100mg.
research!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by Robaltap » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:18 am

Johnwen, thank you for the help!

Johnwen wrote:As far as V-C and supp’s he should be taking a good dose but don’t push for any mega anything right now! I would say about 3000mg. V-C spaced over the day would help him here!

About VC - I wonder about the dosage you've mentioned, since he's taking much more & only once hit bowel tolerance when he took about 6 teaspoons (5000mg in one teaspoon) & then we advised them to take 4-5 a day, since I've read a lot about its safety in A. Saul & A. Hoffer books (that VC was given in megadoses even to newborns with great results) & also I'm taking it myself with all our family in pretty large doses with only the positive results... So could you please write if we doing it wrong and such doses (4-5 teaspoons, 20000-25000 mg) can do any harm to him & he should immediately cut back to 3000mg you've mentioned?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by Johnwen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:33 am

If he is tolerating what he is taking by all means “Stay The Course!”
And don’t miss even a single day of it!!

His body is in damage control mode right now and needs all the help it can get but consistency is key during this crucial period. Which means don’t start varying quantities or dosage levels.

The 3000mg I mentioned before is what should be only the base level of what he should be taking. If he is taking more that’s even better but hold the levels for these 8 weeks don’t shoot for Bt or anything else. If he starts hitting Bt by all means drop it a little to take him out of it but don’t do any drastic changes.

I would say as an example!!
If he’s taking 9000Mg. Drop it to 8500Mg and see if still present next day hit 8000mg and watch.
You get the idea easy does it!’

Right now he needs consistency in his life to reassure him he’s where he belongs! This goes for what’s going inside of him also!!!

Remember a person with a positive attitude and good support group heals faster then a loner with a poor attitude! Because this extends to the core of their body!
research!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by Robaltap » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:53 am

Got it, thank you very much! We'll keep this dosage then. And yes, you are absolutely right about support. I'll talk to his parents about it too.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”