Blood presure and CAD

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blade

Blood presure and CAD

Post Number:#1  Post by blade » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:05 am

Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for
potential health benefits
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/1.full.pdf

I get my blood pressure taken on Tuesday/Thursday when the nurse is at my work.. It's usually under 120/80, how low it is depends on my diet,
If I have eaten rubarb(very high in nitrates)(, its usually near 100/70 and If I just eat some arugula (high, but not as high) before work, it's usually 110/75-78

eating a high nitrate diet helps lower Blood pressure by giving the body more substate(nitrates) to make Nitric oxide which is what your body uses to regulate BP, kill cancer cells and other viruses. Here's the kicker, Nitric oxide is only made by the endothelium, which is a 2 cell thick layer that lines your arteries BUT if a person has any atherosclerosis( fatty material on their inner walls. of the artery) then the endothelium cannot make the nitric oxide
this is why you keep your arteries clear by
(this is what I'm not sure about)
not being fat
-(ive noticed I have higher BP when fatter,I'm not sure why)

Taking a gram or so of vit C every hour(10+ grams/day)
eat eggs/eggwhites(to get the proline/lysine to bind to established plaques) and remove them molecule by molecule
take vit K to get the calcium out of the arteries and back into bone.

You take vit C(try to always have some in the body)

is the above how to clear arteries?
or does this guy have it correct?
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Clear_Y ... eries.aspx
with a low fat diet(15% of total calories)
niacin(which does lower LPA, although why Im not sure)
low/no grains
get low cholesterol
omega-3s
vit D
exercise

It seems to me that guy and Dr Davies(track your plauque) are just guessing and dont understand WHY plaques form in the arteries.
(I thought they formed due to a lack of VIT C, which leads to LPA being used, and LPA attacks formation of plaques?
can someone fill me in, if the mechanism and the solution is known.
thanks

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”