"whole food C" seems to help my liver issues

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

"whole food C" seems to help my liver issues

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 am

I'm having difficulty tolerating Cardio C due to liver issues.

Thanks for responding so fast. I have stevia in multiple products so I know it is not that. Besides feeling generally off, my liver blood work
ALT & AST spiked right after using Cardio C. I test often. I also have an elevated Bilirubin. It would cost me about 3X the money to use a
food based C in order to get 5000 mg. I'm willing to find the money to do this but would a protocol with separate lysine be less effective?
Another bit of helpful info is that I weigh 127 lbs.

I seem to do much better with same dosage of whole food c version, although it is much more expensive. In using it for artery issues, would it still
be effective to use this C, with separate Lysine?

Usually the "whole food" versions have very little, if any, true vitamin C. Linus Pauling recommended 5000 to 6000 mg of vitamin C, and in our experience the therapeutic range is from 2,500 to 10,000 mg.

I'd like to know more about the "liver" issues? (above)

Some people do react to the herb stevia. You can try vitamin C and lysine as pills to see whether this is your issue, but it is doubtful our vitamin C can cause liver problems. In fact, the cause of much liver damage is tylenol - which depletes the liver of glutathione. The main way the body regenerates glutathione is from high vitamin C intake.

Are you aware of the properties of milk thistle?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”