Lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ski00

Lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by Ski00 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello guys

Is lysine necessary if I can get it from meat eaten during the day? Say 2 or 3 chicken breast a day...

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Lysine

Post Number:#2  Post by gmdodaro » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:11 pm

In addition to ascorbic acid in sufficient dosage you need a consistent supply of l-lysine, also l-proline, to prevent plaque binding to artery walls. Read this about Pauling therapy and reasons for it: http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/

Ski00

Post Number:#3  Post by Ski00 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:45 am

Thanks. Not sureven if that is the answer I'm looking for. Are you saying I have to have lysine every 4 hours and that eating 2 or 3 chicken breas in 2 sitting won't be enough?

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by tjohnson_nb » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:49 am

Well, you need 6 g or so, how much is in chicken breasts?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Ski00

Post Number:#5  Post by Ski00 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:09 am

3 or 4 g

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:30 am

Ski00 wrote:3 or 4 g

Even on a vegetarian diet I got in average 3.4 g/d of lysine and 3.3 g/d of proline. So I think we should all see the 6g lysine + 2g proline recommendation per day as additional supplementation. If taken aside from meals together with vitamin C, with much less competition from other amino acids.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by gmdodaro » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Keep in mind that you're trying to fix a problem that has taken a while to develop. Lysine in this situation is used in therapeutic dosage. The lysine in the blood binds to lp(a) so it doesn't bind to the artery. In Pauling's words: "Knowing that lysyl residues are what causes Lp(a) to stick to the wall of the artery and form atherosclerotic plaques, any physical chemist would say at once that to prevent that put the amino acid lysine in the blood to a greater extent than it is normally."

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by gmdodaro » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:38 pm

You are also likely to need vitamin K and magnesium. Read this page on vitamin K: http://www.k-vitamins.com/index.php?page=Cardiac
And this author on magnesium: http://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Miracle-Revised-Updated/dp/034549458X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Probably a few other things like vitamin E, D, a low carbohydrate diet, probiotics, and exercise. We're trying to live longer than we would if we let nature take its course.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by hvc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 am

Good morning. I currently take 20gms of vitamin c throughout the day. As part of that regimen I have one scoop of cardio c in the morning and one in the evening. That provides me with 5gms of lysine and 1 gm of proline. I supplement the lysine with 2 mor 500mg doses in the middle of the day. Should I be upping the lysine and proline?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 am

The original question is whether we can get enough lysine in a high protein diet so that we don't need to supplement visa vis cardiovascular disease?

Pauling mentions that we need around a gram per day to stay in Nitrogen balance. Its essential.

In the first case, of the Medal of Science winner with CVD, the man was already taking 5-6 grams of vitamin C for some time. It was only after adding an additional 5-6 grams of lysine, that his condition apparently reversed itself in about a month.

Then we have my uncle who reversed a 70% carotid blockage in thirty days - on only 2500 mg of vitamin C and 2500 mg of lysine (because my aunt got the dosage wrong - she gave him 5 pills of each every day (500 mg/pill). I know he ate normally, probably not 3 chicken breasts daily!

So what does this mean? If you really do/can eat 3 or 4 chicken breasts daily, you are of average body weight, and your digestion is good, the protein is digested into amino acids properly, then with supplemental vitamin C, you might be able to achieve the same benefits as supplementation.

Another issue might be the so-called arginine-lysine antagonism. These two amino acids utilize the same transport system from the gut into the blood stream. The chicken also contains arginine.

It just seems easier, and more precise to supplement lysine, rather than eat so much protein daily. But if I ate that much, I might target 1500-2500 mg, rather than 5000-6000 mg of lysine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”