CT calcium score

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CT calcium score

Post Number:#1  Post by Frank » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Hello,
I have read about the CT calcium score being used to determine risks of having a heart attack.
My father had a heart attack and eventually died back in 1983. I am 68 years old, grew up on a diet of cakes and sweets. In the last 10 years my diet has improved with lots of vegetables and much less cakes. I take medication for elevated blood pressure and have done so for almost 20 years. I am still over weight but not as bad as before. My cholesterol is now 3.7mmol/L.

I have to assume that with my history I would have had plaques in my arteries. I have been taking 5-6 gm Vit C and 2-3gm Lysine for about 6 years.
My question is, should I have a CT calcium score to determine the current condition of my arteries?
Or, is there some other non-evasive better test?
Thanks

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: CT calcium score

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 am

You should have your lipoprotien(a) checked it should be as close to 0 as possible. A sign that you are not producing any plaque on your arteries. A simple blood test..

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Frank » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:30 pm

I tried before , a few years ago and they checked lipoprotien(A) (capital "A"). The reading seemed wrong. I assumed that the lab didn't know lipoprotien(a).
I believe that it shows if I am producing any plaque, but doesn't indicate if I have any .

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Lipoprotein (little a) not the big one. The higher the number the more plaque you are building up in your arteries ... and you must use a lab that checks for it and a doctor that knows what you are asking him..are you using the Linus Pauling thearpy vitamin C and Lysine ?

Frank
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Frank » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Unfortunately my doctor has no idea about these things. I am not even sure where the capital A came from - my doctor may have put it on my blood test order or the lab.
No,I am not using the Linus Pauling theaarpy vitamin C and Lysine. I am using general powder vitamin C and Lysine in 1 Kg bags. I am not sure about the lysine - I am unable to check it. As for the Vitamin C, I reach bowel tolerance at just above 6 grams and sometimes above 5 grams. When I feel a cold coming on, I have difficulty reaching bowel tolerance. Even with 12-16 gm I don't reach bowel tolerance. I have difficulty having more Vit C than that.
My cholesterol is relatively low indicating that the Vit C is doing its job.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”