Recovering from recent stroke, now on PT, looking for suggestions

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Recovering from recent stroke, now on PT, looking for suggestions

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 am

Hi Owen,

Thanks for putting your contact details on your website.

I was poisoned by a jihadi in 2014, had my calcium levels go off the known scale. For 2 weeks they tested me and said they were going to name a new disease after me. I research high calcium and could only find 3 things that caused it. One being high levels of vitamin d. After 12 days they tested me for it and found that I had a thug called hyper vitamindosis. Never heard of it at that time. But it ruined my health and for the past 2 years I got sicker and sicker, until at the age of 49 I have a stroke. A minor infarc frontal lobe. Which was 3 weeks after having a steroid injection in my shoulder following a car crash.

The stroke has caused no long term damage only lost my maths for some reason and have to re study it.

So I am on 6000 to 20,000 mg of vitamin c, 2 x 1000 mg natural vitamin e, lipoid acid, 3000 l-lysine and coq10 400, and 750 magnesium.

I'm still struggling with a thumping heart at night time, and if I can't get back on my feet quickly I'm going to lose my home and business.

Is there anything else you could suggest that I do?

The stroke was on the 16 Dec 2106 at 0110 hours.

So now 4 weeks in.

Mobility is okay, but slow, dizziness, headaches etc. No strength and can't sleep.

Can't look at the computer or tv or phone for too long as it makes me sick.

So the admin is slipping and I'm in deep sh.. I'm going to order you book now, as I have Prof Bush's book.

I am have to pay for advice or anything I just have to find a way to recover or I am losing everything.

The great thing is I am slowly regaining my health and I'm alive. Can't ask for more than that really, but I must or my wife and i will be homeless.

Again, thank you in advance for anything you can suggest.

:) sorry to intrude on your time.

Kind Regards
Stephen

Recovering from stroke is difficult and recovery depends on what parts of the brain have been damaged. I like your vitamin C/lysine protocol, how long have you been on it? I assume less than 4 weeks. How do you feel? I'll post as others may have ideas for improving stroke recovery.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Recovering from recent stroke, now on PT, looking for suggestions

Post Number:#2  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:07 am

I do not have any personal experience of strokes so you will have to verify any information that I give.

Serrapeptase, Nattokinase & possibly lumbrokinase supplements might be helpful but I do not know whether they could get past the blood/brain barrier so that you would need to check. Also be aware of any interactions with any medication you take. Nattokinase can cause a lowering of blood pressure.

Proline amino acid is also part of the expanded Pauling Therapy and you do not mention taking that. There are other things which are recommended which you do not seem to be taking. Limiting/lowering carbohydrates and simple sugars which compete with vitamin c might be helpful. Lowering Omega 6 intake and increasing Omega 3 fats/oils would also reduce inflammatory processes which could be helpful. You might have to be careful with these if you are taking blood thinning medication. Check on this before taking these.

Increasing your magnesium intake even more might be helpful as 750mg is not all that high. You could purchase some magnesium carbonate and mix with the vitamin c (ascorbic acid) which turns from white cloudy to a clear colour when the carbonate has reacted with the acid to form magnesium ascorbate. You can also add it to the lysine and proline as these are also somewhat acid. Warm water helps the reaction and a little stirring. A magnetic stirrer/hotplate would make it easier and quicker. Vitamin K is also recommended along with a few other things which are detailed in the enhanced Pauling Therapy.

Tri-Methyl-Glycine (TMG) can be helpful as it helps lower homocysteine levels. It is fairly high in Beetroot and can be purchased as a power which is white and called Tri-Methyl-Glycine. It is quite Yang in energy so only take it in smallish dosages such as 1ml scoops depending upon your nervous system and your tongue coating. If your tongue has a thicker white coating then you can take more of it but if your tongue has very little coating then you would have to keep dosages very small. The best thing to do is to take a small amount say 0.5ml and then after an hour or two compare your tongue coating to how it was before you took it as the coating will reduce making the tongue look redder. See how long it takes to take effect. It could be 1 to 2 hours, 90 mins. In very high doses it can be too stimulating. Beetroot is reasonably high in carbohydrates so does have that downside which the TMG powder does not.

Red, Black, Blue fruits, particularly berries are excellent for strengthening the circulatory system as the proanthocyanidins are incorporated into the walls of the circulatory system and they complement vitamin c. They also strength the skin and bones too. The problem with berries is that they are also high in sugars. There are extracts available such as Grape Seed Extract which are effective and do not provide sugar so are a good alternative to berries. GSE tastes pretty terrible. lol Putting it in capsules would get around this.

Curcumin/Turmeric has some brain protective properties which might be helpful if you include it regularly in your diet. Black pepper at the same time and fats can help it's absorption and delay it's breakdown. Black pepper is also a circulatory stimulant. However once again, both of these, Turmeric/Curcumin and black pepper could affect any medication you take. Black pepper in particular can delay the breakdown of medications in the body which could increase the effects of medication. It's a component of black pepper called piperine which is responsible for this effect and the levels are fairly low in black pepper, it can be purchased as an extract which would have a greater effect. PhosphatidylSerine is meant to have a similar effect as piperine in enhancing curcumin absorption but PS is meant to reduce cortisol levels which is not always a positive effect as cortisol serves important functions in the body which can affect nervous system function which might have negative effects as it can affect nervous system function towards the outside of the body, blood pressure (potentially lowering it) and the blood flow in the arteries. I personally do not see supplements such as PS as being beneficial.

Ginkgo biloba could be helpful as it does help circulation in the brain. Check carefully before taking it as it can interact with many medications!
https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/ginkgo,ginkgo-biloba-index.html?filter=2&generic_only=

Taking a circulatory stimulant might be helpful to drive everything around your body. Cayenne pepper is very good at this.

Look into Manganese excess as that can cause heartbeat irregularity therefore it might be worth reading up on that. Manganese excess can affect Magnesium usage by the body. You still might be far too low in Magnesium. I do not know what kind of magnesium you are using, I hope it is not magnesium oxide. I would recommend a more usable form of magnesium or create your own using magnesium carbonate mixed with acids to create magnesium salts which are much better used by the body. Mixing amino ACIDS and Ascorbic ACID with magnesium carbonate gives rise to magnesium salts. Some forms of magnesium require working stomach acid levels and this could be compromised. Low stomach acid could of contributed to your problems so it might be worth investigating whether your stomach acid levels are sufficient. When that is compromised, many health problems begin.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”