Looking for a simple place to start

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

zackw419
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for a simple place to start

Post Number:#1  Post by zackw419 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone can lay out some simple do's and dont's for a newbie like me in regard to starting this therapy.

I am a 24 year old male with problems with my arteries that I am still getting figured out. It is highly likely I had a TIA 6 years ago. The whole right side of my body went numb/pins and needles/static. Literally if you drew a perfect line down the middle of my body, thats what I mean by the right side. I have been concerned about brain damage.

Doing what I can now. Looking to start very simply. Absorbic Acid and Lysine. I just want to make sure I am doing it right. If I am not mistaken, at the doses recommended it could get kind of pricy unless your buying in bulk, right?

Can I just mix the powder in water? Will it, "go bad", after a certain period of time in the water?

I know its better to take gradually throughout the day, how much is too much in one sitting? (in terms of not wanting to waste it)

um...anything else you guys could share that is useful to know would be much appreciated!

thank you

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Looking for a simple place to start

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:00 am

Hi and welcome here. I take high doses of pure ascorbic acid and Lysine and proline ..I buy mine from tower labs and am on auto ship.much cheaper than buying separately...I purchase it from tower labs as I feel they use the ingredients that Linus Pauling recommended. I also purchase ascorbic acid and Lysine from the health food store and when I feel a cold or have a lot of stress in my life I up the dose with that ..I'm currently taking 6000 mg of AA and 6000mg of Lysine ..
Did the doctors say what caused your right sid paralysis....
Joanna

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by exitium » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:54 am

Ascorbic acid ive used doesnt really seem to dissolve well in water. I generally put mine in a little bit of orange juice. In water have to stir/swirl and gulp fast while its suspended to get it all.

Everyone is different on the amount they can take at one sitting and how close together doses can be thats why its best to slowly increase dose to avoid upset stomach/diarrhea. I personally top out at about 2g a dose, 3x a day.

If you having nerve issues I would also consider sublingual source naturals methylcobalamin (ie B12) I have found it to be the only brand I could "feel" working. A good B complex on top of that may be worthwhile to try as well.

zackw419
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by zackw419 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Joanna, thanks for commenting. I feel I wasn't clear in that It was a complete paralysis and only lasted a few seconds, minutes prior to that, a very specific part of my neck began spasming and I almost fully lost consciousness, that part of the process lasted for almost a minute I would say? Around that. I am not currently paralyzed in anyway however I have numerous concerning symptoms I won't go into.

I've had a lot of trouble with doctors taking me seriously after the fact. Also due to my financial situation...It hasn't been easy getting an MRI or any other scan. I'm hoping to do an ultra-sound of my neck eventually...

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Jacquie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm

zackw419 wrote:Can I just mix the powder in water? Will it, "go bad", after a certain period of time in the water?

It degrades in water until after 4 hours, it's half degraded. It doesn't seem to degrade much further than that with time. Usually better to mix fresh.

zackw419 wrote:um...anything else you guys could share that is useful to know would be much appreciated!

Look into taking more than just C, although it's an excellent place to start. Vitamins D, E (as a gamma-tocopherol dominant mix), and all of the Bs, zinc, magnesium. There are many others, but these might be the most beneficial to start with.

zackw419
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by zackw419 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks exitium. I will DEFINITELY look into that.

zackw419
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by zackw419 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks Jacquie. My friend just sent me some tangy tangerine I will be taking for atleast a month. So im happy about that.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”