German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#241  Post by johnjackson » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:20 am

jimmylesante wrote:I'm taking about 3000mcg daily, but i'd love to see the study???
You mean 3mg?
I put 1gram into a drip.

doctors choice NAC has something else , molybdenum, in MCG, I read it wrong, yes, mg
I dont use needles, aside from donating bloood(which isnt me doing it)

https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Reg ... B007HI7IZS

NAC also helps increase nitric oxide production, which helps veins dilate and improves blood flow and might improve insulin sensitivity

another reason to be on a plant based diet..more NO than a meat/high fat diet
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#242  Post by Frodo » Sun May 05, 2019 2:49 am

Owen

My topic has reached 40.000 views. I‘m glad. I think that‘s a lot for the short time until today. You put the topic in the forum in january 2017. Obviously a lot of interesting information has accumulated there.
Thanks!

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#243  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 am

Frodo wrote:The Rath Team answered:

Study (2013) with diabetics: 1200 mg NAC did not lead to any significant change in values
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3886171/

Study 1991: no clinically significant changes
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1836221

Study 1991: good results with NAC in 2 patients (reduction of lp(a) values up to 70%
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1670844
Since these are only case studies, the results cannot be transferred for general purposes
(I think that is the study Uwe Gröber meant. The results cannot really convince, but I‘ll try it)

Uwe Gröber himself didn‘t answer yet.

If you search libgen/sci-hub you should be able to find it.
Here is one link to the article and if you cannot access that from where you are then you will have to find a working mirror.
https://sci.libgen.me/item/detail/id/59e653053a04465a6a771080
libgen mirrors>
https://sguru.org/libgen-proxy/
Be very careful when accessing the libgen sites/mirrors because they can block people who repeatedly hammer the server with requests. Therefore only press the search ONCE and wait for it to complete.
I found the link by searching for "Lipoprotein(a) reduction by N-acetylcysteine" without quotes.

Oh BTW heart disease is caused by inflammation and not lack of vit c. Vit c in high doses can lower inflammation by influencing the bodies natural antioxidants and by reducing the burden on them. However none of this influences what is actually causing that inflammation which I have worked out. I am over 5 years ahead of the worlds best researchers on this.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#244  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am

I would be interested to know if and with what results other forum members have reduced their lp(a) with Pauling therapy.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#245  Post by Frodo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:14 am

Owen

Do you know an answer to my question? How many forum members did decrease lp(a) with PT? And what‘s your own result?

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#246  Post by johnjackson » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am

Frodo wrote:Do you know an answer to my question? How many forum members did decrease lp(a) with PT? And what‘s your own result?

that is a good questions
My mom has high lp(a) and i wonder if there is more ways to lower lp(a) thatn
1 niacin
2 9grams vit C
3 grams of proline/lysine.
4-lower Ldl?___less LDL, then less Lp(a) ight?
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#247  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 am

Many moons ago, from memory, I had my Lp(a) tested by two labs (blood drawn the same day) and it was 3 mg/dl, Johnwen was around 2 mg/dl. Unfortunately, we didn't have baseline values to know what the starting values were. My father's side of the family (including him) all died young of massive heart attacks (50s and 60s).

A New York medical school professor once called me, and I added this story to my book, that he had performed an experiment on himself. He had taken vitamin C and lysine and measured his Lp(a) every six months, 2 or 3 times, and the Lp(a) dropped about 30%. Then he added proline, forgot to test on the 6 month, but when he did finally test, his Lp(a) was zero. (That's when he called me.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#248  Post by Frodo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks Owen.
I can remember the story in your book (also the story with Johnwen). And 3 mg/dl... you have of course no problem with lp(a). Thus, I think you further don‘t measure your lp(a).
Do you know if and how many forum members have reduced their lp(a) successful?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#249  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 am

At one time, we tried to study this, but found out that a) labs are different, so you must use the same lab for each study subject measurement, e.g. comparing one lab to another is like apples and oranges), and b) this is when we learned the FDA allows big labs to compute (rather than measure) Lp(a). Unless the values are measured, the results are bogus and senseless.

And as Pauling/Rath mention in their first patent, Lp(a) is not uniform and can range 1000 fold. Large molecules are not as "atherogenic" (dangerous) as small particles, so absolute mass may not indicate risk.. Why they went to "particles" (e.g. mnol/l).

One thing we do know - zero (measured) is good, so long as you take regular vitamin C to keep your arteries lesion free :)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#250  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 am

Owen
My lp(a) value has risen from 132 to 220 nmol/l. Although I haven‘t changed anything in the dosage of my PT. Could it be due to inflammatory processes in the muscular area (lumbar spine)? If yes, why does lp(a), which is a repair substance (according to Pauling/Rath), react to it? Could it be a „fire“ that uses up a lot of water (vitamin C)?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#251  Post by Frodo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 am

Help!
Once again my question. How is it possible that my lp(a) has risen so much, from 132 to 220 nmol/l? It seems very mysterious to me.
Because even after the stent implantation and dissection of an artery my lp(a) had increased only slightly.

There‘s no apparent reason for the current increase. No inflammation, no injury. no surgery.

I suspect that my blood was too thick in the test because I excreted a lot of urine in the night before. Ot it was a mistake in the lab.

Or could perhaps a hormonal disorder or a thyroid dysfunction also be the cause? But then I don‘t understand why the lp(a) increases so much as a reaction to it.

Does anyone in the forum know an answer? Or has anyone had a similar lp(a) increase?

Remark: I didn‘t change anything in my PT dosage and I didn‘t change the lab.

I‘m sure, Owen or Johnwen knows an answer to my question.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#252  Post by pamojja » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 am

Frodo wrote:Or has anyone had a similar lp(a) increase?

I already posted my lp(a) results for many years in this thread. Therefore you know already that also for me fluctuations between 34 and 66 mg/dl - almost doubling - are normally occurring

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#253  Post by Frodo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks Pamojja!
Was it always the same lab?
Did you have any surgeries in the years?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#254  Post by pamojja » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Not always the same lab. But between the highest and lowest value it was the same.
No surgeries.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#255  Post by Frodo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 am

A renowned lab in Germany replied:
„There are various interference and influencing factors that can influence the measurement of lp(a). These include, for example, kidney dysfunction and socalled acute phase reactions, as they can occur in infections. In these cases, elevated values may occur.“

(But they didn‘t say they had experience with such values)

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”