German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#301  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am

its not really known, because unlike lysine, our bodies make proline. My own speculation is that heart disease is more prevalent as we age because our bodies make less proline. 400-800 mg in the original Tower Heart Technology products worked wonders.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#302  Post by Frodo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 pm

DiverDown2
Do you have the lp(a) values before and after your heart attack?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#303  Post by Frodo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:32 pm

A fundamental question about lp(a):
Lp(a) is found in all humans. Not in animals, with a few exceptions.
Do elevated lp(a) values only occur when there is damage to the blood vessels or other organs? Or are increased values genetically caused? According to the theory of Pauling/Rath, I mean that the amount of lp(a) only increases when damage in the body needs to be „repaired“.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#304  Post by Frodo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Owen,
yes, I think so. But I take 1500 mg proline since one year. And it doesn‘t work. Perhaps I need more. I‘ll try it.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#305  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Yes, my Lp(a) values have been consistently over 200 for years before heart attack, and now as posted they dropped to 175 the lowest they have ever been now back to 217. while doing the same thing, eating mostly dash diet and all the other PT supplements.

P.S. I was on 4 Scoops of Tower Heart Tech. for at least a year before heart attack. ever since I am taking 5 Scoops Heart Tech and enough Vitamin C powder to make 18 G. daily along with 9 G. L-Lysine and 2 G. L-Proline + 2 G. Magnesium and Unique-E.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#306  Post by Frodo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:11 pm

DiverDown2
Thanks, it‘s interesting.
What about your family members? Do they also have high lp(a) levels?
My wife, my son, my daughter-in-law they haven‘t. But I think, my father had high lp(a).

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#307  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 am

None of them ever tested. But Mom died at age 82 in 2002.
What really sucks is, I have always exercised, ate good, and weigh the same now as in high school 140 lbs. at 5'7" I am 70, but I refuse to stop trying to fix this, so I still exercise daily and Snow Ski black diamond slopes and Scuba Dive all over the world and do Jiu-Jitsu.
When I spoke with the lady at Tower Labs. she was shocked I had taken Heart Tech 4 scoops daily for at least a year before Heart Attack. I had also taken LEF K2 during that time.
"I know the K2 works because 3 years before my HRT doctor had me take 5000iu Vitamin D3 and K2, because of a Dexa Scan that showed I had the bone density of a 80 years old woman, 1 year later after taking the above, another Dexa Scan showed my bone density was now of a 23 year old man."

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#308  Post by johnjackson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:18 pm

DiverDown2 wrote: "I know the K2 works because 3 years before my HRT doctor had me take 5000iu Vitamin D3 and K2, because of a Dexa Scan that showed I had the bone density of a 80 years old woman, 1 year later after taking the above, another Dexa Scan showed my bone density was now of a 23 year old man."

Thank you!
My mom, 72, was told a few years ago she has osteoporosis and the MD tried to give her Prolia(calcium injections)
she said no because of me and I put her on vit k2 from LE
then she was told she had calcification in her heart.
so I upped the lysine, added proline, and upped her K2 via Koncentrated K
So I am very curious about her bone density test this month and I appreciate your post
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#309  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:28 pm

My wife is a Nurse and she did not believe in supplements and thought it was not possible, but after seeing my Scan, she started taking D3 5000iu. and LEF K2 elite and her last scan showed a 30% improvement in only 6 months.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#310  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm

I guess I should have put this in the K2 post, which in my opinion based on labs shows K2 does do what Owen said it does. I thing I just was too far along in arteries calcified before seeing Dr. Shippen and getting on D3 and K2.
Dr. Shippen told me D3 in levels between 60-80 force your body to use the calcium you consume and taking K2 forces that calcium into the bone and not the soft tissue (blood system).

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#311  Post by Frodo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Vitamin D and K2, calcium and so on:
Look at Michael Holick‘s „The vitamin D solution“, Jeff Bowles‘ „The miraculous results...“, Rheaume Beue‘s „Vitamin K2“, Andrew Saul‘s „orthomolecular.org“ (Google vitamin D and K), for example. You‘ll find all the informations and answers you want.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#312  Post by Frodo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Owen,
do you know an answer to my question in my post number 303. I‘m searching in all books and studies by Matthias Rath and Linus Pauling.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#313  Post by Frodo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Owen,
I found the article by Dr. Rath „Reducing the Risk for Cardiovascular Disease with Nutritional Supplements“ (Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1992). After that it is actually clear that the lp(a) values increase when the artery walls are damaged. If the artery walls are strengthened again by sufficient vitamin C, lp(a) decreases.
That means: Healthy arteries - no elevated lp(a), I think. And all humans with heart disease should have high lp(a) levels. But it‘s never been checked.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#314  Post by Frodo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 am

Owen,
do you know if there are any recent studies that show which animals cannot synthesize vitamin C? Irwin Stone said 1985: Most animals can synthesize. But humans and other primates can‘t. Like the rhesus monkeys, long-tailed formosa monkeys and capuchin monkeys. Is that still true? Or can all monkeys not synthesize? I think, this has never been further studied.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#315  Post by Frodo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 am

I would be interested to know who in the forum has high lp(a) with which value. And whether a heart disease is also present.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”