Leaving Meds Behind

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

tpedry

Leaving Meds Behind

Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 pm

I am 43 and have high cholesterol. I have received 3 stents in the last four years and I was taking the medications of : Metoprolol 50 mg, Atorvastatin 20 mg and Clopidogrel 75 mg, daily. However, I ordered your Cardio C and started taking it a week ago. After a couple days of taking everything together, I scraped my shin and bled slowly for three hours. I have always had trouble clotting since being on the meds, but I thought the combination of all four was probably not healthy, so I quit taking the prescribed meds. I have not had any side effects that I know about, but I decided I better check with you about my decision to quit the meds. I know what my heart doctor would say!

I have been taking 3 scoops a day, but after doing some more reading it appears that I need to order some plain vitamin C to increase my intake.

Also, what tests would you recommend to monitor the progress of the plaque buildup (or hopefully the lack there of) in my arteries? Any other tests I should take that will give good information?

tpedry

Re: Leaving Meds Behind

Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

The Cardio C is 2.5 G a scoop, so 7.5 G a day. The first time I found out I had problems was about 4 years ago when I woke up from an angiogram and the doc said I had 2 new stents and very clogged arteries. No hereditary history, but very high cholesterol

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tpedry

Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:35 pm

So you recommend not taking a statin drug? Any recommendations on tests?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”