This video is amazing

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

This video is amazing

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: This video is amazing

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:35 am

I watched this when I was searching for infomation on superior mesenenteric artery stenosis ..a very informative video..

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

What I still don't understand, first off if High dose vitamin works as well as it appears where are all these people who are getting cured? If and when my plaque reverses I'm be screaming from the roof top about it. In addition Dr.Dean Ornish and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn did some fairly large studies on eating whole food plant based diet that showed plaque reversal. In fact Ornish has gotten insurance companies to pay for plant based programs now for heart patients because he proved you could treat severe heart disease with and almost completely illiminate cardiac event. Dr. Esselstyn did the same thing. He took like 24 people who had over 40 cardiac events prior to plant based diet, afterwards only 1 event in 12 years. Anyway I would hope Dr. Rath does a study with humans to prove once and for all that heart disease is really scurvy
Ken

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 pm

If we eliminate (a) trans fats / unstable seed oils (canola, etc) (b) high carb manufactured foods and (c) sugars, especially high fructose corn syrups, we are well on the way to restoring the diets our grandparents and ancestors followed. Heart disease was virtually unknown 100 years ago. So being diligent in eating unprocessed foods can work whether following vegetarian or meat / dairy-based diets. Plenty of examples of primitive people's living healthy lives following either diets

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:37 pm

TommyTurtle wrote:If we eliminate (a) trans fats / unstable seed oils (canola, etc) (b) high carb manufactured foods and (c) sugars, especially high fructose corn syrups, we are well on the way to restoring the diets our grandparents and ancestors followed. Heart disease was virtually unknown 100 years ago. So being diligent in eating unprocessed foods can work whether following vegetarian or meat / dairy-based diets. Plenty of examples of primitive people's living healthy lives following either diets

That's not what Dr's Mcdougahll. Esselstyn and Orinish believe and proved though real studies...they are 100% plant based whole foods, have you ever watched Esselstyns videos or Mcdoughall's? Anyway I'm hoping this vitamin C works, of course I'm still doubtful, but will give it 12 months I guess

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Yes, I've read and watched a lot on vegetarian, vegan, etc including McDougall, read studies on the Ornish diet. I followed an exclusive plant-based diet myself for many years. I've no doubt that the Ornish diet can be successful if it suits the individual. However the point I'm making is that the key reason it's successful is that adherents are very conscious about not eating processed and junk food. Many cultures have also existed on high meat and fat diets successfully for millennia without suffering heart disease, MI and stroke. I eat a stack of vegetables each day, minimal meat and dairy, but consume a high % of oil from olive oil, coconut oil and coconut cream, oily fish and nuts. No grains or derivatives (inflammatory), no sugar, organically-grown produce wherever possible, no junk food, very little starchy root vegetables. I thoroughly enjoy eating again and my weight is self-regulating at around 68kg. I'm in mild ketosis for much of the day and don't suffer any hunger pangs or cravings. All my blood markers including inflammation heading strongly in the right direction

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by TommyTurtle » Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 am

Around 9 months now, weight has dropped from 85kg then to present 68kg, which has maintained for last 3 months. A key for me was replacing starches with the plant-based oils. Used to be over 100kg, did Weight Watchers a couple of times but consistently hungry and found I couldn't maintain.

Was vegetarian for over 10 years previously but struggled consistently with energy levels so put minimal amount of meat and dairy back in diet

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 am

Meat doesnt provide energy, sugar and fat are the primary fuels of the human body. Meat /protein are used to build things and only used for energy when people do crazy things like the Atkins diet. Or are dieing of starvation

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 am

Thats odd you struggled with energy since the body uses sugar for fuel..carbohydrate that is and rarely uses animal protein for energy...What do athletes eat when they want sustained energy? Complex carbohydrates of course not a steak :)
But I suck at being a whole foods plant eater, I did the Mcdouhgall way of eating for 6 months but lost it, but I definitely felt better, my blood was so clean :) Now I'm back to eating chicken and turkey and beef sometimes.
Ken

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by TommyTurtle » Fri May 05, 2017 9:02 pm

zarfas wrote:yeah sounds like your issue is simply hunger, the reason why the fat helps you

how much fat percentage is your diet

how lean are you

Fat percentage 60% to 65%
I'm currently at 18% body fat (DEXA measurement), aiming for 15%

Eating carbs also gives me morning depression, takes 3 to 4 hours to lift. Since limiting to 30g to 60g most days this has completely gone. Also no more 'foggy brain' and extreme spleepiness in the mid-afternoon. My mental alertness and sharpness is now excellent and sustained throughout the day. I also practice time-restricted eating (aka intermittent fasting), consuming food between 12:30pm and 6:30pm daily. With the high fat consumption I don't feel hungry outside these times.

Both my parents had type 2 diabetes, so I'm also very conscious of avoiding this condition. HbA1c and fasting insulin levels have reduced back to normal range levels.

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by TommyTurtle » Sun May 07, 2017 5:38 pm

zarfas wrote:high fat?>
and your parents both have type 2 diab etes?

Id look into how a high fat diet might cause diabetes
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl ... abetes.htm

or here which recommends HRT to lower a1c, if you have low T and high e2
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testost ... betes.aspx

so you only eat 12-6pm?

My parents both followed a low fat / high carb regime but were not overweight. I'm in my 60's and they died in their 90's.

I've got free T levels at 8.6 ng/dL probably helped by HIIT. Don't know what they were before I started the exercise regime

Excellent article on CAC score, many thanks, I've been trying to convince my doc that this is a more predictable indicator of MI risk. He is still stuck on TC and LDL as the key indicators

Yes, only eat in 6 hour window.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by skwoodwiva » Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:Thats odd you struggled with energy since the body uses sugar for fuel..carbohydrate that is and rarely uses animal protein for energy...What do athletes eat when they want sustained energy? Complex carbohydrates of course not a steak :)
But I suck at being a whole foods plant eater, I did the Mcdouhgall way of eating for 6 months but lost it, but I definitely felt better, my blood was so clean :) Now I'm back to eating chicken and turkey and beef sometimes.
Ken

Look up
The oiling of America on youtube.
It will change your life.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Saw, I know oil of any kind is awful, Dr. Esselstyn screams out...Noooo oil because it injures the arteries

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”