Calcification - can I stay on PT and should I have TAVR procedure?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Calcification - can I stay on PT and should I have TAVR procedure?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:33 am

My name is C. S. (male) and I received your email from the Vitamin C foundation. I have some question for you. I have been taking L-Lysine 6gms, L Proline 3gms, and Lipo C 3gms daily for arterial stenosis -heavy calcium plaque build up on valve, almost non functional, hard breathing, fluid problems on the lungs, COPD, 1/3 normal lung function.

I am looking into having TAVR procedure. This inserts a new valve thru the groin. The new valve is placed inside calcified old valve, it is secured by the calcification. I am wondering if I have the procedure and continue to take the lysine, proline, and C, will this continue to remove the plaque and propose a danger of the valve coming loose? Would I be better off just continuing the supplement regimen? Does this regimen of supplements always work? How long does this regimen take?
Thank You.

In my opinion, the regimen you are on, while improving your health, is not therapeutic for the condition you are describing. First, is there a reason you are not taking vitamin C as ordinary ascorbic acid powder? W/r to heart disease, the issue is collagen production and while more liposomal may be absorbed, you still may require up to 10 grams of True-liposomal vitamin C daily for the anti-plaque effect we have observed over the past twenty years. (Now, many people have reported increased benefit from augmenting, say 6-10 grams of ascorbic acid powder with True-Liposomal.)

Second, as reported here at our forum, the Entrepreneur who invented the original Heart Technology formula, discovered that Pauling's therapy does not have a direct effect on calcium or calcium build-ups. Thanks to a year 2000 article on Vitamin K in Life Extension Magazine, (http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2000/2/report/Page-01) we know that vitamin C acts like a "hormone" that moves calcium from soft tissue into bone. Not only that, but there are probably hundreds of common heart medications that BLOCK vitamin K, leading to this calcification. We have found references to more than 100 studies that show this, especially Warfarin - a rat poison that fits into vitamin C receptors, blocking the activity of the vitamin.

If you search pubmed.gov with the search terms warfarin vitamin K calcification you get this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=warfarin+vitamin+K+calcification

The second study:

Warfarin Use Is Associated With Progressive Coronary Arterial Calcification: Insights From Serial Intravascular Ultrasound.

Andrews J, Psaltis PJ, Bayturan O, Shao M, Stegman B, Elshazly M, Kapadia SR, Tuzcu EM, Nissen SE, Nicholls SJ, Puri R.

JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Jul 13. pii: S1936-878X(17)30477-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2017.04.010. [Epub ahead of print]

PMID:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28734922

We are not experts in Vitamin K, but I was speaking with a gentleman yesterday who takes Mk2 (a form of Vitamin K2?) in rather large amounts, yet still had a mild calcium score in his coronary arteries. My wife's and my experience is that one Super-K from Life Extension per day, leads to a zero calcium score. It contains vitamin K1.

As far as the advisability of the procedure, I leave that answer to johnwen and other experienced medical doctors.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”