Cardiologist wants me to try Zetia

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cardiologist wants me to try Zetia

Post Number:#1  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:47 am

Hello,
Due to my last cholesterol results my doctor wanted me to see a cardiologist about what they would recommend doing to lower it. I went to my cardiologist and she wanted me to take statins and declined. She then mentioned Zeita (exetimibe) instead and she said that "this medication works by decreasing cholesterol absorption that your body absorbs from your diet" and "It is not in the statin class of medications so it should not cause the muscle pains". I checked on drugs.com for the side effects and muscle pains were one of the side effects, so I am not sure why she said that. She ended in saying "I would recommend continued exercise and heart healthy, Mediterranean diet".

My last lipid profile was Total Cholesterol = 230 mg/dL, HDL = 45 mg/dL, LDL (calculated) = 163 mg/dL & Triglycerides = 111 mg/dL.

I have been on Pauling Therapy for over a year now with at least 12g of Vitamin C, 6g of Lysine & 1.5g of Proline daily.

So, is my questions are:
- Is Zeita (exetimibe) any different that statins in terms of the long and short term side effects?
- Is the Mediterranean diet good for lowering cholesterol and heart health?

Thanks for your answers or any other advice,
Chuck

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Cardiologist wants me to try Zetia

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:37 pm

nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)

One thing they forgot was DIARRHEA !!

Ever wonder what it feels to ride a rocket into space??
Taking this Medicine has a very good history of giving people this experience!

From my experience about 4 out 5 will have this reaction!!

This drug blocks dietary cholesterol from being absorbed in the small intestine. Which means if you eat a delicious ham, cheese and egg breakfast all that fat that is in it continues on down thru the large intestine, greasing it up for an easy slide of everything else that comes thru. The undigested fats then irritates the lining of the colon causing it to increase it’s pushing motion and this increases the velocity of the discharge!! You get the idea!
Not everyone get’s this but a lot do!

Another thing is by greasing up the intestines it has been known to block the ducts from the pancreas which in turn causes a back up in the pancreas. Which then leads to pancreatitis and more problems.

In my opinion a good diet with a monitoring of dietary intake of fats can give the same effect. Which ever way you choose, make sure you stay with it for a month before your next cholesterol test. That gives the body time to burn up the reserves.

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:38 am

Johnwen wrote:
nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)

One thing they forgot was DIARRHEA !!

Ever wonder what it feels to ride a rocket into space??
Taking this Medicine has a very good history of giving people this experience!

From my experience about 4 out 5 will have this reaction!!

This drug blocks dietary cholesterol from being absorbed in the small intestine. Which means if you eat a delicious ham, cheese and egg breakfast all that fat that is in it continues on down thru the large intestine, greasing it up for an easy slide of everything else that comes thru. The undigested fats then irritates the lining of the colon causing it to increase it’s pushing motion and this increases the velocity of the discharge!! You get the idea!
Not everyone get’s this but a lot do!

Another thing is by greasing up the intestines it has been known to block the ducts from the pancreas which in turn causes a back up in the pancreas. Which then leads to pancreatitis and more problems.

In my opinion a good diet with a monitoring of dietary intake of fats can give the same effect. Which ever way you choose, make sure you stay with it for a month before your next cholesterol test. That gives the body time to burn up the reserves.

Hope this helps!

Johnwen,
Thanks so much for the advice. I won't start taking the drug.
What I find odd now that based on your description of what that drug is supposed to do, wouldn't a Mediterranean diet counteract it? From my understanding, that diet is relatively high if fat intake (about 50-60% of your intake). Would you agree?
Also, I thought I read somewhere they said new studies show that dietary cholesterol didn't impact your blood levels that much, did I misunderstand that?

Thanks for any additional help,
Chuck

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am

Your question about Mediterranean diet is a NO!

Fish, fruits, Nuts, Blah, Blah, Blah!

Here’s a link, with all you’ll ever need to know about it!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20047801

On Cholesterol;
Animals just like humans produce cholesterol which is a Liposome encasing fat. Since oil and water don’t mix! When you eat fatty foods the fats are transported to the liver where some if not all are encapsulated and released into the blood for transport out to the bodies cells. The left over fat either go back into the digestive system for disposal or stored as fat in the body.

In animals that are used for food these fat liposome’s are still in the meat and even when cooked they are still there. They can also survive the digestive process and when they move into the intestines and get into circulatory system they go right into the body and can be used just like the one’s that are produced by the liver. Since they are not produced by the liver they cannot be controlled by the body, so an excess may exist.

Different food animals have higher amounts and others lower amounts of these fat liposome’s. On the low side is fish, the high side is pork.

The drugs were talking about blocks all fats from leaving the digestive system, including the Liposome’s and basically deprives both the liver of it’s raw product (fat) and external induction of lipids (cholesterol). Which in turn leaves it in the digestive system for exit! Thus causing the circulating lipid levels to lower. When they get low enough the bodies reserves are used to maintain a survival level after that, “GOOD LUCK,” surviving!

The way it exits are what I was talking about in my previous post! :mrgreen:

Hope this helps with your understanding of how these drugs work!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Johnwen wrote:Your question about Mediterranean diet is a NO!

Fish, fruits, Nuts, Blah, Blah, Blah!

Here’s a link, with all you’ll ever need to know about it!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20047801

On Cholesterol;
Animals just like humans produce cholesterol which is a Liposome encasing fat. Since oil and water don’t mix! When you eat fatty foods the fats are transported to the liver where some if not all are encapsulated and released into the blood for transport out to the bodies cells. The left over fat either go back into the digestive system for disposal or stored as fat in the body.

In animals that are used for food these fat liposome’s are still in the meat and even when cooked they are still there. They can also survive the digestive process and when they move into the intestines and get into circulatory system they go right into the body and can be used just like the one’s that are produced by the liver. Since they are not produced by the liver they cannot be controlled by the body, so an excess may exist.

Different food animals have higher amounts and others lower amounts of these fat liposome’s. On the low side is fish, the high side is pork.

The drugs were talking about blocks all fats from leaving the digestive system, including the Liposome’s and basically deprives both the liver of it’s raw product (fat) and external induction of lipids (cholesterol). Which in turn leaves it in the digestive system for exit! Thus causing the circulating lipid levels to lower. When they get low enough the bodies reserves are used to maintain a survival level after that, “GOOD LUCK,” surviving!

The way it exits are what I was talking about in my previous post! :mrgreen:

Hope this helps with your understanding of how these drugs work!

Johnwen,
Thanks again for the explanation. I think I understand it now.
What type of diet do you recommend to help lower cholesterol, or, do you even think that mine is too high to begin with?

Thanks,
Chuck

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 am

Johnwen.
Did we meet in the USA? Whilst i was in Missouri?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”