Afraid Vitamin K might interfere with Low Dose Aspirin (963 calcium score)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Afraid Vitamin K might interfere with Low Dose Aspirin (963 calcium score)

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 am

Owen,
My name is [deleted], I recently started the Pauling Therapy due to I have been diagnosed with Acute Coronary Syndrome.

I checked myself out of the hospital to try the Pauling Therapy for a while. My calcium Agatston score is 963, I really want to start taking Vitamin K2, or better yet Super K to start breaking down these calcium deposits, but I’m afraid it might interfere with the 81 mg low dose aspirin I’m taking.

I get a lot of conflicting info on the internet, I would really be interested in your opinion.

Thank you for all the info you’ve posted online, I really appreciate everything you do.

Best Regards,
Chris

I am not a doctor - simply a health investigator and author who has been reading and studying these issues for about 30 years.

There is no interference between vitamin K and aspirin, but we will post this question/answer at the forum for others to verify.

The interference taking vitamin K is with the so-call "blood thinning" drugs, such as warfarin or heparin. Drugs that work by blocking vitamin K's blood clotting function. We are not experts in vitamin K, but the working assumption is that vitamin K2 does not interfere with blood clotting (although I believe K2 is or can be converted to K1 in the body.)

If you are not on a "blood thinner" (misnomer) then with that score, I think it is an excellent idea to add Super-K (LEF.ORG) to your daily Pauling Therapy regimen.

If this is the definition of "Acute Coronary Syndrome" then finding Linus Pauling's therapy was a stroke of luck.

Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is a syndrome (set of signs and symptoms) due to decreased blood flow in the coronary arteries such that part of the heart muscle is unable to function properly or dies. ... New-onset angina is also considered unstable angina, since it suggests a new problem in a coronary artery.

Keep taking vitamin C (and lysine and proline) and don't stop vitamin C "even for a single day." (Linus Pauling - How to Live Longer and Feel Better, 1986)

I don't like the aspirin you are taking, but I wouldn't change any medication drastically. Make sure you include 400-2000 IU vitamin E ( we strongly recommend A. C. Grace's UNIQUE-E, the original mixed tocopherol version.)

Unique-E http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item26260/Unique-E
Super-K http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item02034/Super-K-with-Advanced-K2-Complex

Depending on your age, there are important benefits of adding DHEA to the regimen. We provide an introduction to the DHEA research at
http://PAULINGTHERAPY.COM.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”