Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD)

Post Number:#1  Post by tjallen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:42 pm

A colleague of mine told me about someone she knows who has had a spontaneous coronary artery dissection. This person is under the care of physicians, but my colleague asked me whether there might be something nutritional that might help. I thought that supporting the repair of the collagen in the artery would be helpful, so I suggested ascorbate, lysine, and proline. I'm not certain that these will help, but strengthening collagen in the arterial walls should theoretically help and these substances shouldn't do any damage. Do any of the knowledgeable here have comments or amplifications? I'll pass along what I learn.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD)

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 am

johnwen will have more experience/info but from a quick google search, any tear in the artery implies weakness that Pauling's therapy should help with in humans. So your advice is good. Other advice is to cut down in sugar, make sure all of Pauling's supplements are taken, esp. the B complex, vitamin E, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:55 am

Sadly, my friend, cross country runner, lean/thin, smoker, died next to his girlfriend, via aortic dissection.

Are you telling me this could have been prevented with some vit C(grams), lysine/proline) B vitamins?

It seems so and it makes sense
I have 2 other questions:
1 if I have an enlarged heart, due to high BP, but lower my BP via weight loss, etc.. and I am doing PT, will my heart ever return to a smaller size?
2 What is the best way to measure if PT is working? I dont want to do a scan, cost, etc, but wouldnt a Lp(a) test best just as good?( Which method is used to measure and not "computed" lp(a)?)

Thanks!

Sorry about your friend, wasn't it runner Jim Fix who also died like this? We'll never know about your friend, but the people who know about mega-C and practiced taking megadoses religiously throughout their lives (e.g. Pauling, A. Hoffer, etc. lived into their 90s, maybe not as marathon runners :-)

I'll leave the answer about the "enlarged heart" to johnwen (who must have experience with this - practicing cardiologist.) My memory doesn't have a case about "enlarged" heart, but it sounds like you have done your homework! Why not follow ALL of Pauling's nutritional advice? (And, we have recently learned about another tool - which regenerates CoQ10. CoQ10 is required for the cell to break down ATP and produce energy! The tool is Red/Near Infrared Light Therapy. SEE: http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14048 Besides, the "cool" light at the correct power and wavelength, the "trick'" seems to be eating greens (to get chlorophyll inside mitochondria).

And to the "age old" question..

2 What is the best way to measure if PT is working? I dont want to do a scan, cost, etc, but wouldnt a Lp(a) test best just as good?( Which method is used to measure and not "computed" lp(a)?)

#1. Per Pauling's discussion of E. Ginter's research on cholesterol, we know that total cholesterol normalizes to 180 mg/dl on the "correct" amount of vitamin C. So to the extent your total cholesterol is above 220 mg/dl (someone help convert to the European units) you have a good idea that you are not consuming enough vitamin C for you individually.

#2 Anecdotally, measured Lp(a) goes down to about zero on the Pauling-therapy products (w/contain proline). Timeframe unknown, but probably within one year. (No science that I know of demonstrates this. The science demonstrates that on appropriate vitamin C intake - Lp(a) doesn't become elevated.) The drop in Lp(a) is said to be 30% on vitamin C, Niacin and/or carnitine.

#3 Eye Doctor Sydney Bush invented CardioRetinometry, which looks at the "atherosclerosis" in the pictures of the retina. Depending on where you live, if you go to Walmart for an eye exam, getting the retinal photo is probably $7 more. You can simply ask that doctor whether they see any "atheroclerosis" or plaque build ups in your eyes. (Obviously a before/after would be nice.)

#4. Getting a "clean bill of health" by your cardiologist is always great news, and while not general proof, it is certainly proof in your case. For me, taking high vitamin C since Pauling published How To Live Better and Live Longer (1986) and then adding lysine in the early 1990s after watching Pauling's UNIFIED THEORY VIDEO, I had my heart condition evaluated. I was in the hospital last June for a major surgery to remove a defective hernia mesh. The surgeon want me to be cleared by cardiology. The good news, I was given a clean bill of health. See: http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13830 This is surprising given the fact that I am 64, and ALL the men (and women) on my father's side of the family died from major heart attacks, (ischemic heart disease), and fairly young. My dad was 68.

Just recently, Jared Rand promoted our Cardio-C product on his Internet podcast/interactive radio broadcasts. This began in August. And by October/November, one caller who had a heart attack, was on all the meds they prescribe, said that after hearing Rand, "he threw all his meds away", started taking the (correct) therapeutic dose of Pauling's therapy (5-6 g vitamin C/5-6 lysine) and at the next appointment, his doctor gave his heart a complete clean bill of health.." :D

We distilled Jared's comments into an 18 minute audio. The caller with the above story starts around minute 7.

youtube direct link
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

bluemustang
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by bluemustang » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:02 pm

ofonorow wrote:johnwen will have more experience/info but from a quick google search, any tear in the artery implies weakness that Pauling's therapy should help with in humans. So your advice is good. Other advice is to cut down in sugar, make sure all of Pauling's supplements are taken, esp. the B complex, vitamin E, etc.

does it matter what form of b12 you take either methylcobalamin or cyanocobalamin?? I read a user who took the cyanocobalamin form had problems. Ive asked this several times no one has answered. Im having heart arrhythmias ive just been taking SA for a year no other vitamins. Do you think that the reason this is happening is because of just taking SA alone and no other vitamins ive only been taking 1000mg or 2000mg a day unless I am sick I took more this has been for over a year now, I get the rest of my vitamins from my diet.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:44 pm

I take a sublingual B-12 that methylcobalamin ..the cyanocobalalmin is synthetic and the body has to turn it into the methylcobalamin

bluemustang
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by bluemustang » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Joanna45 wrote:I take a sublingual B-12 that methylcobalamin ..the cyanocobalalmin is synthetic and the body has to turn it into the methylcobalamin

so you take the one that contains methylcobalamin only? what dose do you take b 100 or b 50?
do you take the b complex?
thanks

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Methylcobalamin is better than cyanocobalamin.
Even better is injectable hydroxycobalamin.
You should always take bcomplex with B12 to help it absorb and work correctly

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”