More Glucose/No Vitamin C: Split from On Pauling Therapy but my Cholesterol is too high for my Cardiologist

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

More Glucose/No Vitamin C: Split from On Pauling Therapy but my Cholesterol is too high for my Cardiologist

Post Number:#1  Post by confused1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Sorry, totally off topic, but thinking of diabetes has me wondering if anyone knows the percentage of glucose in animals that is converted to vitamin c? Since we are missing the GULO gene, not only are we not making vitamin c but it would seem we are getting bombarded with glucose in our bloodstream that would have been converted to c.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: More Glucose/No Vitamin C: Split from On Pauling Therapy but my Cholesterol is too high for my Cardiologist

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 am

Separated this question into its own topic because I know this observation is a favorite for our member RalphDMan :D . It is relevant to the new product, name escapes me, whose makers believe can stimulate the production of ascorbate from glucose, either by reactivating GULO or other means.

One thing I note is that in humans, the ideal blood glucose is regulated to 90 mg/dl, while the highest vitamin C level is 1.5 mg/dl. So optimal ascorbate is roughly 1 to 2 percent of the glucose in the blood. Even if our livers made more ascorbate (from our now very high sugar intakes) the kidneys would regulate it to no more than 1.5 mg/dl over a short time (30 minute half life).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: More Glucose/No Vitamin C: Split from On Pauling Therapy but my Cholesterol is too high for my Cardiologist

Post Number:#3  Post by confused1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 am

I can't find it again now, but I found a study that showed slightly over 90% of glucose was converted to vitamin c during extreme stress in animals.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”