Stroke recovery?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stroke recovery?

Post Number:#1  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:18 pm

My Mom had a stroke and is still in the hospital. What can I ask them to do there to help her recover and what I can have her do once she gets home?
We still don't know how severe she has been affected by the stroke as it just happened a few days ago.

Thanks,
Chuck

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Stroke recovery?

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi ChuckArbogast,

Sorry to hear about your mom.

1. Type of stroke, risk factors like hypertension, diabetes etc.

2 You wouldn't know the damage/ after effects for a while.

3. Conventional med cannot help in damage control. They can only offer Mannitol infusions to reduce ICP, blood thinners, Diabetes or hypertensive control... Total palliative.

4. Neither would they allow supplements of any kind, forget about DMSO.

5. What she actually requires is DMSO infusions, besides other supplements, meds. Without it she could develop some kind of hemiparesis etc.

Hope she gets well soon.
Good luck.

eDOC!!

EDIT:

BTW, by now they must have performed a CT to see for its type.. Most likely thrombotic?

Modern medicine is only good till diagnosis, treatment is merely palliative for most serious disorders.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by eDOC » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:37 pm

A few questions:

1. Is she awake, breathing normally.... Or slightly comatose?
2. Is the speech normal or a slight slur?
3. Eye opening?
4. Upper, lower limbs movements, hand grip, finger movements... restricted?

eDOC!!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:00 am

eDOC wrote:Hi ChuckArbogast,
Sorry to hear about your mom.

1. Type of stroke, risk factors like hypertension, diabetes etc.
2 You wouldn't know the damage/ after effects for a while.
3. Conventional med cannot help in damage control. They can only offer Mannitol infusions to reduce ICP, blood thinners, Diabetes or hypertensive control... Total palliative.
4. Neither would they allow supplements of any kind, forget about DMSO.
5. What she actually requires is DMSO infusions, besides other supplements, meds. Without it she could develop some kind of hemiparesis etc.

Hope she gets well soon.
Good luck.
eDOC!!

EDIT:
BTW, by now they must have performed a CT to see for its type.. Most likely thrombotic?
Modern medicine is only good till diagnosis, treatment is merely palliative for most serious disorders.

A few questions:
1. Is she awake, breathing normally.... Or slightly comatose?
2. Is the speech normal or a slight slur?
3. Eye opening?
4. Upper, lower limbs movements, hand grip, finger movements... restricted?

eDOC!!

eDOC,
Thanks for the reply. Here is what I know right now,
- I don't know the type of stroke but she did have a CT scan and MRI done but I didn't know to ask for the details like the type.
- She smoked all her life, 68 now, and has high blood pressure but not diabetes. She had her right carotid artery "cleaned" about 20 years ago. She went into the hospital due to chest pains, blood work show signs of a heart attack. The did a CT scan of her chest and said there were lots of calcification and then they did a catheterization. That showed she had 95% block on two arteries (one being the widow maker near were a branch artery is) and the other one on the opposite side. There was a third artery block about 70%. They wanted to do triple bypass surgery. They moved her to a different hospital (UVA Medical in Charlottesville, VA) to have this done. While there, they checked her carotid arteries again. The right side which was worked on 20 years ago as I mentioned earlier had basically block back up completely and now her left one was significantly blocked (not sure of the percentage). What they ended up doing this past Tuesday was going in and "cleaning" the left carotid artery (not doing anything to the right one) and after that doing the triple bypass surgery (only able to use one artery from her chest and the others were veins).
- When they take her off the sedation, she is awake. She was able to breath on her own but she wasn't strong enough to get the secretions out of her lungs on her own, so they put the breathing tube back in so they could let her get stronger and the said they are lightly assisting her with breathing but she is initiating the breathing on her own.
- Since she still has the breathing tube in, we don't know if she can speak normally yet. She seems to be answering yes/no questions normally and it seems like she is saying she loves us with her mouth when we say it to her.
- Both of her eyes do open but not sure how well she can see with them. She nods yes when we ask her if she can see us but nods yes when we ask if we were blurry. She has said she can't hardly see without her glasses on normally, so I don't know if it is because of that or the stroke.
- It seems like her right side is ok as they are moving. The only thing she can do now with her left side is squeeze our fingers with her left hand. No left arm movement or left leg movement yet.
- They are probably going to put a tracheostomy tube in as well as a gastric feeding tube in so she can have the breathing tube removed from her mouth and feeding tube removed from her nose. This will be done either this Monday or Tuesday but they might try to take the breathing tube out before that if they think she can do it. We already gave them the ok to do the trach procedure as we just want her to be more comfortable.
- She does have some swelling in the brain (not sure how much) but I was told that was normal after a stroke and it could be a week or so before it goes away.

I understand that the hospital won't want to put her on anything but "standard" medicine but do you think they would put her on Vitamin C or something else like it since I have heard some mainstream hospitals doing that? Not sure if Vitamin C would help a stroke but it may help in not getting infections.

Since I live in central Virginia, I have no idea on what to do or how to get it done with respect of DMSO treatments, other than orally. Do you have any suggestions/recommendations on that?

Is it possible her condition will improve without any "non-standard" care?

Just worried for her quality of life after this.

We knew there was a higher risk of stroke during the bypass surgery due to her risk factors but it hard to see her quality of life be worse than before the surgery, even though I know that if she didn't have the surgery, she could die suddenly.

Sorry for the long post but I figured it would be best to give you as much information as I know now. I will try to talk to someone today that would know what type of stroke it was.

Thanks,
Chuck

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 am

Hi again ChuckArbogast, (Chuck).

Read the info provided. Following are my comments and observations.

1. Most likely 99%, is a thrombotic stroke.
2. After affects which could probably increase are left hemiparesis/ could even be hemiplegia once she gets out.
3. I don't think that they'd even allow VC.
4. Hypothetically if DMSO was allowed or I was treating such a person. No need for a tracheotomy, I'd attach a neb containing it that would avoid the invasive procedure and clear up pulmonary congestion, improve oxygenation to whole of the body, including heart, brain etc. fasten recovery and decrease/ reverse hemiparesis, improve alertness etc.
5. But such is typical med, patient discharged with hemiparesis which would take months to improve, but still some weakness would persist.
6. You used nonstandard, correct she could improve with that provided she is out the sooner. The longer the delay and stay lesser chances of a full recovery.
7. Send me a PM, might be able to assist you with DMSO.
8. DMSO= does the work of min 100 meds with none side effects. It's a ideal/ must have for treating any disease along with other ortho meds, I get almost 99% good results while treating cardiac, strokes etc...

Good luck and you're welcome!

eDOC!!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:36 am

eDOC,
Just sent a PM to you. Not sure when you will see it since it still shows it is in the "Outbox" instead of the "Sent Messages".
Thanks for your help,
Chuck
eDOC wrote:Hi again ChuckArbogast, (Chuck).

Read the info provided. Following are my comments and observations.

1. Most likely 99%, is a thrombotic stroke.
2. After affects which could probably increase are left hemiparesis/ could even be hemiplegia once she gets out.
3. I don't think that they'd even allow VC.
4. Hypothetically if DMSO was allowed or I was treating such a person. No need for a tracheotomy, I'd attach a neb containing it that would avoid the invasive procedure and clear up pulmonary congestion, improve oxygenation to whole of the body, including heart, brain etc. fasten recovery and decrease/ reverse hemiparesis, improve alertness etc.
5. But such is typical med, patient discharged with hemiparesis which would take months to improve, but still some weakness would persist.
6. You used nonstandard, correct she could improve with that provided she is out the sooner. The longer the delay and stay lesser chances of a full recovery.
7. Send me a PM, might be able to assist you with DMSO.
8. DMSO= does the work of min 100 meds with none side effects. It's a ideal/ must have for treating any disease along with other ortho meds, I get almost 99% good results while treating cardiac, strokes etc...

Good luck and you're welcome!

eDOC!!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:40 am

Her circulation/ EF which were already not great due to the blockages, while trying to deal with Lt Carotid dislodged a clot that went into the brain and resulted in the stroke.

eDOC!!

At times I forget am a neurologist, since am so involved in DMSO, Cesium and stem cell....

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:41 am

You're welcome...

Difficult to reply using a cell..

eDOC!!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:39 am

ChuckArbogast wrote:eDOC,
Just sent a PM to you. Not sure when you will see it since it still shows it is in the "Outbox" instead of the "Sent Messages".
Thanks for your help,
Chuck

ChuckArbogast, no PM received post you're queries here.

eDOC!!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:11 pm

eDOC,
In one of your previous posts you mentioned to PM you that you might be able to assist me with DMSO. All I said in the PM was that I'm very interested your help in how to help her after she gets out since they won't do anything like that while in the hospital. Also, if there are any questions I can ask the doctors that may be useful, please let me know and I can try to get the answers as soon as I can. That probably wouldn't happen until Monday though.

Thanks,
Chuck
eDOC wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:eDOC,
Thanks for your help,
Chuck

ChuckArbogast, no PM received post you're queries here.

eDOC!!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

ChuckArbogast,

1. I'll assist you once she gets discharged and is out and I have her med details.
2. Mostly docs are tight and either don't answer or vaguely, if it's a kind one.
3. You're answers to my questions has given me enough details.
4. Like said earlier, sooner she is out better are the chances of a good recovery and lesser deficits.
5. The more depdedent she get on artificial respiration, parentral nutrition, diuretics etc. more delayed and incomplete recovery.

All info based on my treating thousands of stroke patients both using conventional and unconventional techniques.

Do remember starting VC, Lysine, K2 etc. after the episode/discharge will probably take ages, without DMSO.

Good luck.

eDOC!!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by eDOC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 pm

PM inbox was full, no wonder I didn't receive.
Had to delete all inbox PMs.

eDOC!!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by eDOC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 am

Stroke facts:

The more the DMSO treatment is delayed and deficits appear, longer is the duration with a lesser chance of a full recovery.....at times none and the person has to live with a hemiplegia, shoulder foot drop, slur, etc!

Physio, rehab alone can never provide a full recovery, unless its a TIA. Just a conventional gimmick.

eDOC!!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:39 am

Though a bid of topic, 2 years ago I had an MRI where they found an old infarcation:

Old infarction in the left cerebellum hemisphere mediobasal belonging to the current region of the cerebellar artery posterior inferior (6/40-44) from ap up to 3 cm, tranversal up to 1 <cm and craniokaudal scarcely 2cm size in each largest diameter. Otherwise, the structure and signal behavior of the brain are regular. Regular diffusion ratios. Symmetrical, medium, normal wide supra- and infratentorial ventricular system. The external CSF spaces are normal. Virchow-Rubin's rooms in the typical places. Discretely diverging axes of the bulbi oculorum with closed eyelids. Otherwise the orbits and their contents are regular. Individual delicate mucosal swellings in several ethmoidal cells on the left more pronounced than on the right, and extremely faint on the left forehead. The remaining nasal sinuses and temporal bones on both sides are properly signal-less.

Found it really strage I didn't even mentioned its occurance. No symptoms at all. Must have happened as a toddler. Or my really comprehensive supplementation prevented any symptoms? In my dropbox a PDF with the pictures, on nr. 7 easily visible: https://db.tt/KIvE6fOPJ6

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”