My PT Journal (stroke)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My PT Journal (stroke)

Post Number:#61  Post by farside » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:35 am

Where is Anardana Powder available?

Search in Amazon (also search 'ground pomegranate seed').
You will get several hits.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#62  Post by pamojja » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:52 am

Somewhere not from Amazon or eBay? - I use to vote with my bucks.

edit: found it localy https://www.dragonspice.de/kraeuterKrae ... ahlen.html

2nd edit: even have pomegranate oil extract: https://www.dragonspice.de/naturkosmeti ... t-BIO.html - though at a 10x times concentration not really less expensive, but obviously without much of its carbs.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#63  Post by farside » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:05 am

The preferred pomegranate product in terms of biological potency and consequent health benefits is PJ from the whole fruit (including the peel).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3678830/
But the peel is incredibly bitter!!
Not sure what the peel has to offer chemically, otherwise a good article.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#64  Post by farside » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:18 am

I have modified my regime a bit:

In addition to standard therapeutic PT with Vits A, D, K2, E, Mg, Omega3 :
8ml of 50% DMSO with every PT dose (so 4x daily)
NAC 600mg, 3 or 4 times a day
Aged garlic and raw garlic
Topical application of 50% DMSO (~3x day)
Pomegranate juice (in various forms, soon to include oil)
Niacin (flush) at least 2x500mg day
Taurine 2x4g day
Arginine 4g day
CoQ10 200mg / day
50mg DHEA every other day
30mg Pregnenolone every day (edit: actually took 50mg/day but may be too much : reduced to 25mg/day)
3mg melatonin every night
Ashwaghanda root powder, as needed.
(amounts are approximate).

After an initial energy boost by adding the DHEA, I am starting to feel a bit tired again.
Last edited by farside on Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#65  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Regimen great!

That leaves diet. What would you estimate your fat intake in calories is w/r to total calories?

Optimum is 15% and 20% is great.

The theory is that fat clogs glucose receptors.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#66  Post by farside » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:08 am

Hi Ofonorrow,

Thanks for the feedback!

I do a low fat vegan diet, but I include fish a few times a week and take fish oil.
Nuts and olive oil are another source of fat.
Hard to say what the numbers are, but probbably no more than 20% wrt total calories.
The theory is that fat clogs glucose receptors.

I tend to subscribe to that. It is mentioned in the book "How not to die" by Michael Greger.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#67  Post by farside » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:17 am

Had a bad day the day before yesterday.
Seemed my heartbeat was very irregular and that worried the heck out of me. I gulped down more DMSO than usual just in case.
I am wondering if pomegranate juice has a high manganese content.
Also, taking 50mg of pregnenolone may have been too high for me - it can increase the manufacture of stress hormones (corticosteroids) that I really could do without.
Today is much better, after taking 100mg of DHEA, which is known to blunt the effect of stress hormones.
From now on I'll take 25mg of pregnenolone and, depending on how I feel, 50 to 100mg of DHEA each day.
Still taking the melatonin - helps with anti-aging and stress as well.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#68  Post by farside » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 pm

>I am wondering if pomegranate juice has a high manganese content.
web search says content is ~1.0mg/litre
The adult RDA ~2mg/day.
So I don't think pomegranate juice has a manganese problem.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#69  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:22 am

farside, are you getting enough Potassium?
Per WebMD:
Regulated heartbeat: Potassium enables your heart to beat in a healthy way. So, if you have rhythm problems, potassium may be key.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#70  Post by farside » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am

Hi DiverDown2, I'll look into trying some low dose potassium.

The 25mg of pregnenolone and 50 to 100mg of DHEA each day is definitely helping energy levels and lowering anxiety.

I have recently added 1g of taurine to my PT intake, where I also drink about 8ml of 60% DMSO. I also apply the DMSO on my neck about 2 to 3 times a day.
Taurine
Has a sulfonic acid end group and may help in reducing plaque.
Studies conducted in laboratory animal models using both genetic and dietary models of hyperlipidemia have demonstrated that taurine supplementation retards the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23224908
we show that the addition of 2.5% taurine to an atherogenic diet reduces left main coronary artery wall pathology on a background of a worse lipid profile. As well, taurine also significantly reduces endothelial ER stress, hyperhomocysteinemia, and hypermethioninemia and impairs left main coronary artery endothelial cell apoptosis without detectable effects on the NOS, RAS, or oxidative stress systems.
http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/53/6/1017.long
taurine reduces vascular calcifications
Oral taurine supplementation has been found to reduce the arterial thickening and stiffness characteristic of atherosclerosis, to restore arteries’ responses to beneficial endothelial nitric oxide, and to reduce inflammation
Taurine helps restore and control normal calcium ion flow in auditory cells.
reduces heart arrhythmia (irregular heart beat).

As a result of re-reading an old Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw book, I rediscovered the following:

Anti-oxidants protect the immune system, which in turn fights arterial lesions:

The body has vitamin C pumps to concentrate it 10x in brain and spinal cord.
Inside nerve cells, the concentration is 100x. All to protect the polyunsaturated lipids.
VC increases the effectiveness of the immune system.
Leukocytes carry VC to the site of a heart attack.

prostacyclin synthase (makes the anti-clotting prostocyclin) is inhibited by free radicals.
without prostacyclin insides of blood vessels become very sticky.
macrophages (immune cells) are badly affected by oxidised fats.

immune system needs adequate levels of noradrenaline, made from tyrosine (best, 200mg/day) and phenylalanine.
immune system destroys atheroscelerotic lesions.

saturated fat - coats muscle cells, so get insulin resistance
unsaturated fats need anti-oxidant protection.
selenium (in glutathione peroxidase) protects the immune system from peroxides.
arginine 5g helps to release more growth hormone (and so helps maintain immune system).

All meat contains endotoxins (toxins emitted from bacteria) that cannot be removed by cooking. These cause an inflammatory response.

DMSO - mops up hydroxyl radicals (.OH is more reactive than fluorine!!)
Result is sulphoxide radical, so still need C, E to mop these up as well.

B1, B5, cysteine and C are good at preventing collagen cross linking.
B5 enhances endurance - cofactor for making ATP. 1g/day improves skin appearance after a few weeks.

glycine 5g is calming
inositol 3g, anti-anxiety
niacinamide 1g, anti-anxiety
Both inositol and niacinamide activate the brain benzodiazepine receptors

choline 3g
For making acetylcholine - helps keep you asleep.
Improves memory
But gut bacteria may use it to make trimethylamine (bad), but perhaps only for meat eaters.

This all shows the great importance of anti-oxidants in any arterial health program, and when taking DMSO. I also didn't realise the importance of the immune system in clearing plaque and its sensitivity to peroxide attack.

A big problem is in unsaturated fats like fish oil. I am taking cod liver oil for the EPA and DHA, and extra Vit D with it since the oil hasn't got enough of this. However the oil has no other anti-oxidant in it and it can contain peroxides even if it smells ok. It is no good adding vit E in the form of tocopheryl acetate as this ester form has no anti-oxidant activity until it is de-esterified in the stomach. So I will be adding some BHT to the oil.
Manufacturers that sell the ester form of vit E packaged in gel capsules with sunflower oil ought to be shot, as the oil will still go rancid and erase any benefits! It took me a while to find a source of ester E in tablet form (no oils).

Recently I have been getting a mild tooth pain - I think it is my wisdom tooth on my lower left jaw (unfortunately same side as the carotid stenosis). Swishing with a mix of DMSO and colloidal silver seems to be keeping it at bay for now.
Last edited by farside on Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#71  Post by farside » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:58 am

DiverDown2, if I have got your attention - I saw your post :
viewtopic.php?p=57625#p57625

Has taking the DMSO orally helped with the EF reading? (I assume EF = efflux / rate of ejection?)
Have you noticed any benefit from the DMSO?
Please keep us updated!

Edit : I found your update:
viewtopic.php?p=57645#p57645

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#72  Post by farside » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:05 am

This update comes amidst the second UK lockdown and the continuing aftermath of the US election.

Health appears good. I had about three episodes of retina 'squigglies' over the last 3 weeks. These are bright streaks of light that wriggle very quickly across the field of vision. The squigglies only last for about 1 second, and there was a gap of a few days between the episodes. I have had no further episodes since. My theory is these are the result of debris passing through the blood vessels at the back of the eye.

My main issue now is difficulty falling asleep. I feel very tired after taking the 3mg of melatonin, but sleep doesn't occur, sometimes for several hours. I am currently experimenting with taking choline, inositol and 5-HTP aloing with the melatonin.

Vitamin regime is much the same except I am rather random when I take arginine and citruline, and rarely take flush effect niacin.
I did spend a month adding pomegranate oil (for the puccinic acid). This is now replaced by taking a teaspoonful of ground pomegranate seed powder.
I continue to consume the 60% DMSO with each Pauling Therapy dose (8ml of solution, 4x a day). I also apply it topically on the neck and under the forearms before exercise, and before going to bed. I have by now easily drunk over 1.5 litres of the DMSO during this period, with no ill effects.

The DHEA has been a blessing, but I have had to reduce it back to 50mg/day as I was getting irregular heartbeat. I have also reduced the pregnenolone to 12.5mg every other day.

I recently found that William Regelson, the author of the book "The Superhormone Promise" that he wrote at the age of 71, had died at the age of 76. I haven't been able to find out the cause of death - maybe someone out there knows?

During exercise I still hear/feel a pounding (heartbeat) in my head/ears, however it seems to have shifted away from my left ear somewhat (the side of the carotid stenosis), which is hopefully a good sign. I plan to have another ultrasound scan next year, probably during the summer when this covid madness has cooled off. This would be after 1.5 years of Pauling Therapy + DMSO treatment, which by my primitive calculations should have reduced the carotid plaque burden by at least 50%. I promise to post the results.

Christopher62
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#73  Post by Christopher62 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 pm

Try Ashwagandha to improve your sleep and overall relaxation ,ancient Ayurveda treatment ...Cheers

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#74  Post by eDOC » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:05 am

fairside,

You now need to decrease you're oral intake of DMSO and find someone (which would be difficult) to give you it's infusions.

Have none idea of what supplements you're on at the moment.

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#75  Post by farside » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi eDOC! I thought you no longer recommended infusions, just oral?
Didn't DiverDown2 just use oral?
I understand you also drink DMSO regularly. I believe it has benefits.
What reason would there be to go for infusion?

Hi Christopher! Yes I was taking Ashwaganda before. I found DHEA was more calming, however maybe both are needed!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”