My PT Journal (stroke)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My PT Journal (stroke)

Post Number:#31  Post by musashie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 am

good info

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#32  Post by farside » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:07 am

Left side of neck still feels bruised. I wonder if this may be related to a strange infection I got about 8 years or more ago, where the lymph node in my neck on that side became swollen, and I got a skin erruption around my left eye. This may have been shingles. No fever though. Problem went away after about 5 days. This incident may have been what injured the left carotid. If it was shingles, maybe I have now re-activated it, but the high does VC is keeping it in check.

Either that or I have stripped off more plaque than I intended to at the carotid, so it is feeling a bit raw until the VC repairs it with collagen. So I am upping my VC and hydolysed collegen intake.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#33  Post by farside » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Neck getting better. Mouthwash with 50% DMSO and a little colloidal silver seemed to help. Maybe I have a silent wisdom tooth infection (it had a big filling some months ago), hence trying the DMSO.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#34  Post by farside » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:15 pm

UK in lockdown mode thanks to the Corona Virus.
So won't be getting any heart/carotid scans done anytime soon.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#35  Post by farside » Sun May 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Still suffer from what might be described as light headedness or feeling like I have high blood pressure (which I don't).
Get good days and bad days.
Doing some light weight training, but get pounding in my ears when my breathing / heart rate gets going.
Applying 50% DMSO deinitely helps on bad days. Also 200mg of flush niacin.
Possible causes:
1. Too low blood pressure
2. Anxiety
3. Low blood oxygen
4. Heart pumping issues
5 ?
Not much I can do about 4.
For anxiety, I am trying skullcap herb, seems it may be helping.
For low oxygen (not sure what could be the cause), I am trying Dimethylglycine, but can only get 200mg capsules. Not sure if it helps.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#36  Post by farside » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 am

Seems anxiety is a problem. I would expect most people with a cardio condition would be anxious about it. I have found that taking 1/2 teaspoon of ashwagandha powder very good at calming the anxiety. I still need to be careful to not push the weight training too hard, as I sometimes don't feel right after over-doing it.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#37  Post by farside » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:21 am

I had a scare about 2 weeks ago. I had my right arm raised using a duster to brush cobwebs off the ceiling when the arm suddenly went into spasm. I had to hold it with my left hand to stop it.

After lowering it down, the spasm stopped. The right arm is the one that was affected temprarily by the stroke, and which also got a mild infection due to a bad canula insert. Since the stroke, the right arm has been fully functional (I do curls for 12 reps with 12kg dumbells) but a feeling of weakness and numbness comes and goes mainly affecting the little finger and edge of the palm.

Prior to this scare I had a Ocular Migraine (expanding multicolor arc) and alos what I can only describe as little shooters in my field of vision - these look like fast moving, wriggling points of bright white light, very brief.

I have a theory these shooters may be small particles of debris passing through the retina blood vessels, maybe similar to ‘blue field entoptic phenomenon’ see:
https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human- ... t-the-sky/

My concern is whether the spasm was a brain issue, or due to vein/nerve issues in the arm due to the canula.
Hopefully it was due to restricted blood flow, and the muscle went into spasm becuase of an intermittent oxygen supply.

I have cut down on some of my other supplementation, while PT is still beig adhered to (~20g VC / day, etc) and I now apply the DMSO daily.

Left ear sometimes feels like pressure is being applied.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My PT Journal (stroke) : scan result

Post Number:#38  Post by farside » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Today I had a doppler ultrasound scan of my carotids.
Most disappointing : no change in the stenosis - still 65% blockage on the left carotid.
This is after 6 months of Pauling Therapy.

I did learn a bit more about the nature of the blockage. It is in the carotid bulb, a normal bulbous part of the carotid close to where there is a branch in the artery. The lower part of the bulb has a smooth clump of plaque, and the upper part has a much smaller clump, which has small areas of calcification.

My core PT regime has always been, per day:
Ascorbic acid - 4 doses of 5g (a heaped teaspoon) - total 20g/day
Lysine - 4 doses of ~1.5g - total 6g/day
Proline - 4 doses of 0.5g day - total 2g/day
Vit K2 : 200 to 300mcg/day
Vit E : 400iu/day
plus other supplements (fish oil, vit D, B complex, arginine, DMSO, etc)

I alos exercise regularly and my diet is vegetarian, with occasional eggs and fish (sardines).

This regime has failed to reduce the blockage (although on a good note it hasn't increased it either!)
I am at a bit of a loss as to what I can do next.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: My PT Journal (stroke) : scan result

Post Number:#39  Post by pamojja » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 pm

farside wrote:This is after 6 months of Pauling Therapy.

Be patient. It took me 6 full years to experience complete remission from a walking-disabilty from PAD (due to a 80% stenosis at my abdominal aorta bifurcation). After 3 years and initial improvements, my CIMT saw even a 20% yearly increase due to a year-long chronic bronchitis. Before reducing again with the full remission.

In my case muscle-spasm and retinal-migraines seem to have been caused by a severe Mg-deficiency. Which I couldn't correct with oral Mg (taking up to 2.5 g of oral elemental magnesium per day). Only almost monthly Mg-sulfate IVs corrected both.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#40  Post by farside » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi pamojja,
Thanks for the reassurance!
I am beginning to conclude that:
PT acts as an excellent preventative therapy, and also stops existing issues from worsening.
It is most effective for reversing coronary disease as not much plaque needs to be removed to make a significant change.
But it is very slow acting for larger blockages. Given time, it will do the job.

Now eDOC's post http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57700#p57700 gave me the willies.
Do I have the time?

How much risk am I of a second episode? Using on-line stroke risk calculators, I found (for my medical history):
1-year Stroke Probability is ~3%
10-year Stroke Probability is ~4.7%
So PT hopefully will get there before anything bad happens.
Even if you are perfectly healthy, 1 year stroke risk is still 1.8% and goes up with age.
I interpret that to be : people not taking any preventative measures will still slowly see plaque accumulating in their arteries until a stroke occurs. At least PT will stop any further plaque accumulation.

Anyhow, I am looking at how I might accelerate the blockage clearing. Possibilities:

DMSO 50%
Currently started applying this throughout the day now. Have to be careful as it dries out the skin and can make it sore.
Will be asking eDOC for more advice.

Cyclodextrin
Dissolves Cholesterol Crystals So They Can Be Excreted by Body; Reduces Arterial Wall Inflammation. ... The drug also changes the way the body's immune system responds to the presence of cholesterol crystals, reducing inflammation in artery walls
https://www.invasivecardiology.com/news/cyclodextrin-dissolves-cholesterol-crystals-so-they-can-be-excreted-body-reduces-arterial-wall
Has to be administered by IV. [ No! My mistake. It is soluble in water - see http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/cyclodextrin.html ]
There is a branched chain version of this that can be taken orally, but it might be useless for arterial disease. No harm trying, though.
!IMPORTANT : Cyclodextrin in blood (e.g. via a suppository) can cause crystals to form in the kidneys. So while it may be effective for arterial disease, you swap that for kidney disease. Not recommended!

Trodusquemine
University of Aberdeen claim that just a single dose of the new drug Trodusquemine can completely reverse the effects of Atherosclerosis.
The researchers found that it also stimulated the action of another protein (AMPK), which effectively mimics exercise and reduces chronic inflammation.
The drug works by blocking an enzyme called tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 1 (PTP1B), which is normally elevated in people with obesity, diabetes and inflammatory conditions
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/news/11280/
Drug is not generally available to the public. Is being trialled for heart conditions and parkinson's disease.

AHRO-001
The latest drug, code-named AHRO-001, works by releasing bile salts that appear to break down cholesterol deposits.
Once these deposits have been flushed away, the inflamed tissue in the artery walls scars over — a process called fibrosis.
This means it becomes much more stable and less likely to impede blood flow.
Bile salts are naturally occurring detergents that are released by the liver into the intestines, where they break down fat globules in food, enabling them to be digested by the body.
However, they don’t normally enter the bloodstream, meaning that they can’t help clear furred arteries.
The company behind the new treatment, AtheroNova Inc of Irvine, California, hopes to design a drug that will release bile salts across the whole body.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2284423/Detergent-pill-clears-blocked-arteries.html

Pomegranate juice
"Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation"
Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;23(3):423-33. PMID: 15158307
(240 ml of pomegranate juice per day) The mean intima media thickness the left and right common carotid arteries in severe carotid artery stenosis patients that consumed pomegranate juice for up to 1 year was reduced after 3, 6, 9 and 12 months of pomegranate juice consumption by 13%, 22%, 26% and 35%, respectively, in comparison to baseline values."
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/pomegranate-reduces-intima-media-thickness-size-artery-while-also-reducing-blo
240ml a day gets expensive, so I am ordering the concentrated juice.

PTX therapy / Plaquex
Regular infusion (20 to 30) of Polyenylphosphatidylcholine (PPC)
Plaquex activates the enzyme LCAT Lecithin Acyl Cholesterol Transferase) which esterifies cholesterol, including deposits in plaque, enabling HDL to take it up and remove it from vascular walls and eliminate it through the liver
http://www.plaquex.net/index2.htm
For now, I will start taking a lot of soya lecithin (only ~10% of its phosphatidylcholine makes it into the blood, though).
Or maybe I won't : issues (TBC) for soya lecithin are:
- Gut bacteria and the liver convert choline (and L-carnitine) to trimethylamine oxide (TMAO), implicated in heart disease
- Increased blood cell clumping (platelet adhesion) in the blood.
- Soy lecithin is loaded with estrogen (??) Sunflower lecithin is apparently better.
The bad effects of phosphatidylcholine are listed in https://selfhacked.com/blog/tmao/. Maybe high Vitamin C offsets these effects?
Last edited by farside on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#41  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Farside:
Just my opinion but eDoc has helped me tremendously, you might consider giving him a shot at fixing your problem, what you have done till now has not worked in a timely fashion, with half of what you spend on all your supplements, you could get eDoc's help!

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#42  Post by Lone Dog » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:53 am

Farside, once you start googling there seem to be 101 cures for this, but which of them actually work? All, or none? It can be hard to sift the meaningful material from the froth. You have to decide what seems reasonable to you. It's always a question of whether you can believe what you read, and does it have reasonable justification.

Further detail on some of the items you mentioned:

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/9 ... sclerosis/

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/9 ... sclerosis/

My own feeling is that the PT is of use if you have high lp(a). I'm interested in DMSO at the moment, and want to find out whatever I can about it.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#43  Post by DiverDown2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:08 am

Lone Dog, get "The DMSO Handbook, a new Paradigm in Healthcare" it will tell you all about DMSO.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#44  Post by Lone Dog » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:36 am

Thank you, DiverDown2. I had a look on Amazon and there seem to be several books about DMSO. This looks like a decent one, reasonably priced so I may get it.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#45  Post by farside » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:28 am

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”