Dilated Cardiomyopathy + HFrEF

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Dilated Cardiomyopathy + HFrEF

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Owen, I keep noticing my heart palpitating intermittently and still have a relatively high heart rate of about 82bpm. I take 900 mg of magnesium citrate daily. Is there something else I can take?

Confirming that you are on Unique-E, and only this form of vitamin E, and still having heart palpitations? I know that other inferior forms of vitamin E, with fillers that go rancid, can lead to a rapid heartbeat (as can too much manganese - which competes with magnesium). You want your total manganese (from all supplements under something like 2 mg. If it reaches 20, the heart will miss beats.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#17  Post by deputydawg » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Yes, I am only taking Unique E and my heart beats have settled down since my last post.

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#18  Post by deputydawg » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:01 pm

I broke my back friday when I slipped coming down the stairs in socked feet at a residential house I was working at. My CT Scan findngs were Right Transverse Fracture to L1, L2, L3. No compression fracture or spondylolisthesis.

12mm left renal cyst. Mild atherosclerotic disease of the abdominal aorta with intimal calcifications. No evidence of abdominal aortic aneurysm.

What does the mild atherosclerotic disease mean with intimal calcification?

Also, my ecg in the hospital ER came back borderline after numerous abnormal results. I started taking Unique E just after the last abnormal ecg, so that result is encouraging.

Lastly, Ive been experiencing intermittent mild angina to the lower and slightly left of my chest right after the fall which commenced while I was in the hospital Friday and has persisted. I had not experienced any angina previously. Could arterial plaque have been dislodged from the impact of this fall plus the 20,000 mg of VC I have been taking daily?

Thanks!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:56 am

Very sorry to hear about your accident and broken back. As I mentioned in the email, Irwin Stone and his wife were in a serious car accident that would have killed most people. They were in the hospital for months. He credited his very high vitamin C intake with his surprising recovery. The story is in the book we posted online THE HEALING FACTOR http://vitamincfoundation.org/stone/

The various reports sound good, and perhaps all you need is more vitamin K for any calcification (esp. if they put you on common heart medications).

As far as the "angina after the fall," it may be that you injured an organ. In my case, in the hospital with similar pain, the pain may have been a gallstone, in other words, not true heart pain.

Wishing you well.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#20  Post by deputydawg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Thank you Owen and Thank you eDOC for your replies!

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#21  Post by deputydawg » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:56 am

Quick update on my recovery at 55 yrs old after fracturing L1 L2 L3. It has been 10 days since I fell down a flight of stairs. The first 2 days, I basically remained horizontal and from that point progressed steadily and am nearly fully recovered. The ER doc said to expect 5-6 weeks. My neighbors are in disbelief considering I could not stand last week.

I believe the 20g daily of VC is the responsible for my accelerated recovery. I read a medical abstract on the effect of Vitamin C and bone fracture healing time in rats:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11510911/

"It was seen that the vitamin C-supplemented group went through the stages of fracture healing faster compared with the control group."

Another testimonial for Vitamin C!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:47 am

Great news!

Ref: section WOUNDS, BONE FRACTURES, AND SHOCK
in stone's book

https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/stone/ch26-30/chap26.htm#C27
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#23  Post by deputydawg » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 am

Hi Owen

When I was in the ER after breaking the bones in my lumbar spine the nurse was very concerned because my heart rate was low 40's bpm and they could not get a reading on my core body temp as it was below the device threshold. A rectal thermometer finally revealed a body core temp of 96F. I was wrapped in a very warm blanket and my body temp and heart rate began to rise.

At the time, I did not feel any coldness from the low body temp, nor any dizziness from the low heart rate. I was on morphine at the time due to the extreme pain, but felt pretty normal mentally as I think my body was using all of the morphine to block the pain with none left over to make me feel like I was high.

Any idea what may have been going on here? My normal heart rate is in the high 70s and my body temp is usually 98.4-98.6.

Thank you.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:00 am

So how are you now? Maybe eDOC has experience with such low body temperatures.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#25  Post by deputydawg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:37 am

Sorry for the very late reply. I recovered fully in a little over 2 weeks and have no pain or discomfort in my lower back. It is surprising.

As far as low body temp, I have thought for a while that I have Raynaud's disease as my fingers and toes can get extremely cold at times. I cannot find any written medical research linking Raynaud's to heart disease, but there seems to be a connection.

On a side note, I have stumbled on an herb called Honokial which is derived from Magnolia bark. It has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years mostly for anti anxiety. It also has some unique properties at the cellular level, specifically, the ability to protect the heart muscle after infarct, as well as reversing cardiac hypertrophy in mice.

Owen, have you or anyone else had experience with this extract? I just ordered some 98% pure Honokiol capsules and will report back here.

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#26  Post by deputydawg » Tue May 31, 2022 1:13 am

I have not been to see my cardiologist in over 6 months due to his office requiring a covid vaxx which i do not have. As such, I stopped taking the "miracle drug" Entresto in January. I only take carvedilol 25mg twice per day as far as prescription drugs are concerned.

On Sunday, I had a complete blood count done as well as an ECG tracing. I have not had a normal ECG in 2 years, since my dilated cardiomyopathy with low Ejection Fraction diagnosis. Sunday, my ECG tracing was normal with no comments from the machine, as before with all of my abnormal ECG's. My BNP two years ago was 472 and Sunday it was 13. My troponin from 2 years ago was .26 and Sunday was negative.

I also had a chest x-ray that showed my cardiomediastinal silhouette within normal limits.

In addition to Vitamin c and Proline, Ive been taking:

COQ10 Ubiquinol 600mg
L-Carnitine 1000mg
D-Ribose 1000mg
Magnesium 1200 mg
Selenium 200mcg
Unique E 1200 iu
Super K 2600 mcg
Astaxanthin 12mg
Zinc 50 mg
Vitamin B-6 500mg
B-Complex
Wild Alaskan Fish Oil 2800mg + Omega 3 2000mg

The doctor said he does not think I have heart failure with the ECG tracing, low BNP and negative Troponin. He suggested I get another Stress-Echo to confirm.

I believe the Unique E helped with the normal ECG tracing and COQ10 helped immensely with my cardiomyopathy...Thanks Owen, that was the first suggestion you gave to me.

I was shocked with these results and the doctor was stunned comparing my condition from 2 years ago.

I will update further after my Stress-Echo

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#27  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 am

Pretty amazing, heh?

On thing is about carnitine.. The 300,000 year-old "alien science" I am rereading recommends against the l-carnitine, probably because it is a favorite food of all the viruses within us. Otherwise your protocol seems excellent.

Yours is another amazing report, and can you clarify what role DMSO might have played?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#28  Post by deputydawg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:46 am

Hi Owen

I was rubbing topical DMSO on my lower back after breaking L-2, L-3 and L-4. I think it helped to heal the fractures and reduce the pain in my lower back.

It has been 10 months since the broken lumbar spine and I do not have any stiffness, soreness, or discomfort whatsoever.

As far as the L-Carnitine is concerned, that is an interesting observation. I have been taking L-Carnitine only because Dr. Sinatra recommends it for patients with heart conditions. I need to dig into this some more, but thank you for that information.

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#29  Post by deputydawg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:52 am

Owen

May I ask what you were rereading re: the Carnitine? It sounded like maybe something from the medical medium? I have searched high and low for information regarding his backstory but cannot find much.

Thank you

deputydawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#30  Post by deputydawg » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:56 pm

Hi Owen

Sorry for my tardy reply. This is the information I read from Dr Stephen Sinatra re: L- Carnitine

https://www.healthydirections.com/artic ... sebox=true

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”