Sick but no bowel tolerance

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

AnaKat

Sick but no bowel tolerance

Post Number:#1  Post by AnaKat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 am

Hi, I have been sick for months now, on an off (sinus infections and colds). I find I can't take much Vit C as I reach bowel tolerance very quickly. I used to take liposomal but I reached BT with that also, quite quickly (less than 10 grams).

Does anyone have any explanation for this? My understanding is that if you are sick, BT goes up. I am not finding this, even with liposomal.

Thanks!

kingplane

Re: Sick but no bowel tolerance

Post Number:#2  Post by kingplane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:52 pm

I was actually going to post a similar question. I have literal liquid bowel movements for days If i dose any amount of vitamin C in the severel gram+ range and I think something I remember reading was that, If you cant tolerate vitamin C, its an issue with you. I remedied this quite easily (and all of my stomach issues) by supplementing betaine HCL + pepsin with meals and just after. (should contain protein every meal, pepsin helps digest protein).
So far testing this I'm able to tolerate an amount of vitamin C that would normally have bad results stomach wise.

If that is too long to read
- Maybe its low stomach acid, try supplementing betaine HCL + pepsin with meals.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Sick but no bowel tolerance

Post Number:#3  Post by musashie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Try fasting for the day whilst taking Vit C. I find if I eat BT is poor even if sick. But when I fast I have gotten 30-35g in a day.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”