World's Finest Vitamin C Causing Constipation?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

World's Finest Vitamin C Causing Constipation?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am

I've been using the World's Finest Vitamin C for about two weeks now. The improvement in my health has been extraordinary! I've noticed these last four days, however, that I have become constipated. It is extremely rare for me to ever be come constipated and the only difference in my daily routine is my consumption of the World's Finest Vitamin C. Prior to using the World's Finest Vitamin C, I was taking 3-5,000 mg/day of Emergen-C. I am currently taking 12,000 mg/day of the World's Finest Vitamin C.

Is it possible that the World's Finest Vitamin C is causing constipation?

Very unsual report and worthy of posting at our forum - as the opposite usually happens. Says you body is metabolizing our C, using it, and that you probably need mor e. Have you read TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE? http://www.orthomed.com/titrating.htm

Owen

I have read TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE but it brought me no answer. I read on
the internet last night that vitamin c increases iron absorption and excess iron absorption can cause constipation. I think that may be the possible link, although I do not take daily iron supplements.

I reduced my daily intake of The World's Finest Vitamin C yesterday and the day before to 4,000 mg and the constipation has stopped.

Vely strange indeed!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”