Maintaining BT

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

aineo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maintaining BT

Post Number:#1  Post by aineo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 am

I am thinking of davids1 as I ask this, but would appreciate anyone's comments. What are the advantages of maintaining (staying at) bowel tolerance? Is there a downside other than the obvious? For davids1 and any others who do this, why did you make that decision? If you are opposed to this, why?

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Maintaining BT

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi Aineo,

You ask an excellent question!

When I first read Dr. Cathcart's "Titrating" article [in 1994] http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm I made the assumption that we humans in general were not nearly as healthy [overall] as the wild animals, i.e. that we were more or less "sick," i.e. in a sub-clinical diseased state, all of the time. It seemed to me that if ascorbic acid could achieve those virtually miraculous results with so many very extreme health maladies, it could surely increase, and/or maintain, my health, to, and/or at, a high level. I further assumed that the animals all produced whatever amount of ascorbic acid they needed for themselves [to help stay that way, i.e. healthy]. Given those two assumptions, it only seemed logical to me that I should ingest whatever amount of ascorbic acid my body seemed to indicate it needed/"wanted" [or at least, all it was willing/able to accept], i.e. via its Bowel Tolerance reaction/indication.

Further, Cathcart wrote:
I have seen enormous increases in bowel tolerance to ascorbate in adults, several hours before there was any outward sign of their getting sick. [emphasis mine]
So, without Bowel Tolerance, how would we ever know how much we need at any particular moment? How do we know what we are ingesting in/on our food(s)/liquid(s), and/or what we may be breathing in, and/or coming in contact with, at any particular moment? Most seem to be willing to wait until they do not feel so well before upping their dosage. I definitely prefer to be pro-active where my health and well-being are concerned, at least if it is affordable and convenient!

For me, the price of maintaining excellent health, e.g. no sickness [neither headaches nor anything else], and therefore no doctors [dentist excepted] or drugs [the occasional novocaine injection excepted], without calorie restriction and/or any other "unusual" protocol(s), e.g. diet, exercise/sauna [sweat therapy], etc., etc., etc., has been well worth it! But, for sure, there is a price that has to be paid, one way or the other, at least in my opinion.

As an aside, I am fascinated with just what the health potential for oral ingestion of ascorbic acid might be! I think this study from Irwin Stone's book, THE HEALING FACTOR: VITAMIN C Against Disease http://vitamincfoundation.org/stone/ is absolutely inspiring and motivating:
Rabbits with both kidneys surgically removed uniformly die in three to four days. If, however, these animals without kidneys are injected with a mixture of ascorbic acid...the scientists state;
The duration of survival was strikingly increased, ranging from five and a half to eight and a half days. Even more striking was the improved condition of the animals during most of the period of survival. They were alert, active, and in most respects behaved like normal rabbits until a few hours prior to death.
Right up "until a few hours prior to death!" "Without kidneys!" Now that's the way I want to "go out!"

I hope I covered your questions, Aineo, and by all means, please continue posting any other questions, comments, and/or concerns you may have.

Best regards,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

aineo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by aineo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:01 pm

David, does your dosage vary day by day, or do you always take the same? You take 10-15 doses a day - I assume that is once an hour when awake.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by davids1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi Aineo,

Yes, the total amount varies from around 75 to 100 grams daily [currently], but the KEY, for optimal health [in my, I'd like to think, considered opinion], is to reach Bowel Tolerance regularly. I am always "looking" to ingest more, i.e. as much as I can, because I have a firm belief in the anitoxidant "theory" of disease and degeneration [that being: electrons; electrons; electrons, i.e. as many as you can get into yourself, as often as is possible/practical]! Sometimes, I am ingesting it every half-an-hour, and at others, it may be up to two hours before I "feel" like ingesting any more. In my owm case, 6 to 8 [1 gram] tablets at a time is typical, and a small/"half" dose would be 3. My experience is that one gets quite adept at knowing when and how much to dose, i.e. with practice.

When I began 20 years ago, that amounted to a fair amount of "loose stool/diarrhea" and flatus. Gradually, the loose stool lessened and flatus became the main Bowel Tolerance indicator. In the later years, it has become less and less of those things [happily], and more of a stomach "thing," e.g. mostly just a feeling that my stomach doesn't want any more right now, and very occasionally an outright overly acidic stomach [in which case I will typically just ingest some sodium bicarbonate]. In my own case, I tend to err-on-the-side-of-excess, because I am fairly motivated where my health [and feeling well] is/are concerned.

From my view, Aineo, the cleaning out/up of the GI tract is an extremely important factor to/in good health [as the old saying in health circles goes, "death begins in the colon"], and ascorbic acid does that superbly, while delivering all of its many other health promoting benefits. The GI tract cleaning can certainly be inconvenient, so one should simply vary the periods [and even amounts] to self-chosen times and places [where/when possible]. In my own case, I've had the "luxury" of typically working alone [much of the time], and so the process has been reasonably easy/convenient for me.

My view, Aineo, would be to simply "pay" the amount you are willing to "pay" to get the minimal level of health you are willing to accept. Nothing is free, and life always seems to be a trade-off, of one sort or another, eh?

Best regards,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:19 am

Dr. Levy noticed this post and offered the following reply:

Thomas Levy wrote:
Except perhaps for extraordinarily unique circumstances, none of which I can think of at this point, staying at bowel tolerance is not only OK, it is an excellent health habit, in my scientific opinion and in my personal experience. I actually did a C-flush on a daily basis for several years and enjoyed the best health of my life, as far as I could tell. I only avoided the C-flush when I knew my home bathroom was not in play. Of note, for those who seem to worry about vitamin C and the normal gut flora, my stool would immediately turn to "normal" on any off days, with little noxious smell consistent with more food rotting versus digesting.

I think that very, very few individuals have completely normal digestion, and almost everyone has too much putrefaction versus digestion, for a variety of reasons. The daily C-flush significantly curtails the substantial daily contribution to systemic toxicity that a suboptimal digestion can produce (right up there with root canal toxins, which I believe the science now proves are the most significant causes of serious disease in existence).

Prolonged abnormal diarrhea can waste sodium and potassium, but I do not believe anyone doing a daily C-flush needs to be too concerned with this, unless that individual is on a severely restrictive and faddish diet.

Really, the only downside to daily C-flushing are the increased trips to the bathroom until things settle down. I very much enjoyed the sensation of complete evacuation, so this was never a problem for me, although for some people, perhaps.

I hope my perspective is of use to the forum readers.

Best regards,

Dr. Levy
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by davids1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Thank you, Owen and Dr. Levy!

aineo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by aineo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 am

This has been good - thanks to everyone.

IsidroBasque
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#8  Post by IsidroBasque » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 am

A special thanks for Mr.davids1 ..Your Information are pretty helpful to every one!!!

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”