What do you think of Whole Food Complex Vitamin C?

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

What do you think of Whole Food Complex Vitamin C?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Owen,
My family and I are interested in taking Dr Paulings recipe of vitamin c and Lysine together. My question is, is it alright to take a different form of vitamin c than ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate? The one we would like to take is whole food complex vitamin c by Nature\'s way. It is pure vitamin c taken from organic acerola fruit, goji fruit, kiwi fruit and amla fruit.
Thanks so much for your help,
Sarah and family in Oregon

Well, my answer would only be a guess. And that is the point. We know that regular vitamin C and lysine work. It is unknown how much vitamin C is in the "whole food complex" product, so you would be taking somewhat of a risk. However, if no one in your family has overt disease, then I don't see a real problem other than perhaps expense.

The preventive dosage of vitamin C is probably between 3000 to 6000 mg of vitamin C daily. (Although I once wrote that 10,000 mg of vitamin probably protects 99% of the population.) You might figure out how much of that product you would need to get this much vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: What do you think of Whole Food Complex Vitamin C?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Geez!!! 4 caps=500mg of V-C
So to get just 3000mg you'd have to take 24 Caps.
A $17 bottle would last 5 days. Per person

With all the other stuff in there caps it would probably turn into a DYNAMITE Laxitive. :mrgreen:
Just go get some powder Ascorbic, powder L-Lysine and some stevia.
Total cost @ $25 would last about a month per person.
Easy way just order it from the foundation store!! :o

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Alive ... 15775?at=0
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Dolev
quack
quack

Re: What do you think of Whole Food Complex Vitamin C?

Post Number:#3  Post by Dolev » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 pm

The preventive dosage of vitamin C is probably between 3000 to 6000 mg of vitamin C daily. (Although I once wrote that 10,000 mg of vitamin probably protects 99% of the population.) You might figure out how much of that product you would need to get this much vitamin C.

Owen, I must say I loved the way you answered. Rather than explicitly saying that the whole foods supplements are a ridiculous way of getting a vitamin C supply, you told him to make his own calculation. Excellent. :!:
Dolev

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”