A quality multi vitamin

Discussion of the various forms of vitamin C and the various products

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

A quality multi vitamin

Post Number:#1  Post by johnyascorbate » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:03 am

Sorry if this is breaking a new rule, please remove if it is... Can someone point me in the direction of a good multivitamin aside from the LEF one. Having trouble finding one with natural vitamin e, without iron and copper, and one that doesn't have huge amounts of vitamin d. If anyone uses one similar to this please let me know, thanks!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: A quality multi vitamin

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:53 am

Made primary forum "products." When Ralph Lotz was active... he would recommend source Natural's Life Force - they have a without iron version.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by johnyascorbate » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:51 am

ofonorow wrote:Made primary forum "products." When Ralph Lotz was active... he would recommend source Natural's Life Force - they have a without iron version.

Thank you for the recommendation. Is copper really that bad to have in one's multivitamin? Dr. Levy is against it, however high dose vitamin c AND high dose zinc can deplete copper. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:05 pm

I have been taking Life Force No Iron for nearly 26 years.
I think it is reasonable to take since even 2 tablets daily contain small amounts of copper and zinc.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by francisunderwood » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Did Pauling not recommend a daily mineral vitamin that had copper and zinc? I have read really high doses of vitamin c can lower copper levels.

sarachen

Post Number:#6  Post by sarachen » Tue May 22, 2018 4:36 pm

I never got off of taking prescription prenatal vitamins as I noticed improvements in my skin and hair while taking them. If you can get your hands on some, I would recommend them.

C-can
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by C-can » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:18 pm

I was about to post this question. Dr Levy recommends the following in his book, but finding such a multivitamin and one without calcium and iron is time-consuming.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
A good supplementation program, in addition to vitamin C as ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate, should include vitamin A (as beta carotene), vitamin E, and the B vitamins. However, B12 supplementation should be limited to documented states of ,deficiency, and hydroxycobalamin should be taken rather than cyanocobalamin to gradually restore B12 levels. Important antioxidants that can be added include alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, silibinin or silymarin, glutathione, and N-acetyl cysteine. Taking a variety of the important antioxidants has certain direct
benefits in addition to keeping vitamin C levels up by continuously converting oxidized vitamin C back to the metabolically active reduced form. Flavonoids, such as quercetin and rutin, are also important supporters of vitamin C's metabolic functions

Dr. Thomas Levy
Curing the incurable
pp 433-434

Return to “Products”