Scotland Vitamin C / Chinese Vitamin C

Discussion of the various forms of vitamin C and the various products

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

t05

Scotland Vitamin C / Chinese Vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by t05 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:09 pm

From my research, the makers of Cardio C, actually source their C from Dalri, Scotland. It is called Quali-C. Quali-C is the brand of vitamin C that the manufacture makes (DSM). I was told by the people at Cardio-C that vitamin C can only come from one of two places. Either China or Scotland. They get theirs from Scotland.

https://www.dsm.com/products/quali-c/en_US/about-quali-c.html

To confirm that, even If you notice on the packaging of the vitamin C powder here https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/powder.php
(the same powder used in Cardio-C), it is also the "Quali-C" product.

Here's the point: Doctor's Best brand of vitamin C is also sourced from the same exact plant in Dalri, Scotland. Although Doctors Best doesn't say that it is L-ascrobate on the label like Cardio-C does, I called Doctor's Best and they assured me that it is L-ascorbate. They told me that the Quali-C brand from Scotland IS L-ascorbate.

Cardio-C and Doctor's Best is the same stuff. Doctor's Best is about .05 cents per gram. Cardio-C is about .49 per gram on auto-ship, including shipping. In other words, Doctor's Best is nearly 10 times cheaper than Cardio-C.

Please, someone correct me.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Scotland Vitamin C / Chinese Vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 am

Cardio-C and Doctor's Best is the same stuff. Doctor's Best is about .05 cents per gram. Cardio-C is about .49 per gram on auto-ship, including shipping. In other words, Doctor's Best is nearly 10 times cheaper than Cardio-C.

As far as I know, Doctor's Best is a good brand, and less expensive, but I'm not sure of your calculation. The vitamin C in Cardio-C is less than half of what you are getting. Each Cardio-C serving includes 3000 mg of lysine and proline.

Another thing to consider, which may or may not be important, is the grade of vitamin C. There are various grades (and prices) of DSM Quali-C, universal, fine, ultrafine, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “Products”