IV/C Antioxidants vs Oxidants?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

IV/C Antioxidants vs Oxidants?

Post Number:#1  Post by eDOC » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Which has better results clinically of the 2?

Combo?

What are the indications, variables for Antioxidant & Oxidant therapies?

Want to learn from you smart, literate members.

Thanks!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: IV/C Antioxidants vs Oxidants?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 am

Naturally, our focus at this foundation is on "antioxidant" therapies. However, we think we know that at very high dosages, vitamin C can have temporary "oxidant" properties, such as when fighting cancers. So we could argue that Vitamin C is an all-in-one solution :D

It turns out that one of my alternative doctors is an expert on MMS/H2O2 (oxidant) therapies, but I doubt he has the time to comment. In my experience, these therapies are most useful against infectious disease (and infectious diseases themselves, according to Levy/Cathcart, create streams of free radicals during the infection.

I have read the H2O2 book and many papers on Oxygen therapies.

I was impressed that the recent case (Jack Bulter) whom Dr. Levy cured of West Nile Virus, used BOTH intravenous vitamin C and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber.

I also think that while oxygen itself is two-faced (good and bad) that if one is having a heart attack - getting to the closest hyperbaric oxygen chamber makes sense because it will flood the body (thus heart tissues) with oxygen!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

VanCanada

Post Number:#3  Post by VanCanada » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

ofonorow wrote:...if one is having a heart attack...

If you are having a heart attack you should take Thymosin Beta 4, a commercial version of the naturally occurring peptide present in virtually all human and animal cells.

"It is found in high concentrations in blood platelets, wound fluid and other tissues in the body."

Everyone should have some of this peptide on hand in case they or someone they know has a serious medical event like a myocardial infarcation, a stroke, a car accident, or any other serious trauma.

Prof. Philip Filimanov discusses research showing that (Thymosin Beta 4) may be the "first responder" to all injury and its presence in the body may cause nothing short of a miraculous recovery.
-From http://www.superhumanradio.com/shr-913-thymosin-beta-4-investigated-plus-raw-milk-in-pennsylvania-under-siege.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 am

Is it an oxidant or antioxidant? The topic
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by eDOC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm

The most successful oxidant that I have used so far is CDS with good results clinically. Antioxidants, Oxidants or a combination depend on a person's life style, disease etc.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

VanCanada

Post Number:#6  Post by VanCanada » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

ofonorow wrote:Is it an oxidant or antioxidant?

As far as I know Thymosin β4 acts as neither an oxidant or an antioxidant.

...Taken together, these effects suggest that thymosin has a general role in tissue regeneration. This has suggested a variety of possible therapeutic applications, and several have now been extended to animal models and human clinical trials.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_response_modifiers

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”