Query about IV materials

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Query about IV materials

Post Number:#16  Post by eDOC » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:55 am

Btw you should be obliged to Owen & Johnwen too……
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

randian

Post Number:#17  Post by randian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:22 pm

eDOC wrote:Ordinarily, you don't want to stimulate insulin production.......... Who said that, all my patients with type 2 take VC oral or IV...... it’s like Sulfonylureas/ metformin.

Metformin doesn't stimulate insulin production, it reduces insulin resistance and blocks liver gluconeogenesis. I wish I could tolerate it. Sulfonylureas are too dangerous for any sane patient to consider.

The pancreas of most type 2s are running at full tilt because of their insulin resistance and decline in total insulin production due to beta cell death. That is, after all, why they're Type 2: their pancreas can't produce enough insulin and/or first-phase insulin response is too slow. My pancreas, for example, can keep me at ~80-85 mg/dL overnight if my liver doesn't get uppity, but it cannot get me there by itself like it should. Exercise is mandatory.

If IVC raises insulin production without also increasing the stress on the beta cells then it's great, quite aside from the tissue healing, plaque reducing, and lipid normalization effects of IVC. If it just pushes beta cells to produce more, as drugs like glypizide do, then it's killing beta cells to get a short-term insulin raise, which is disastrous long-term because it accelerates pancreatic decline.
eDOC wrote:it was paradoxically possible with large IVC infusions.......... He is wrong.

I was just reporting what he said in his speech. If he's wrong so be it.
eDOC wrote:If yr lipids are good why do you need an anti hypertensive?

At least I'm not taking statins :D

Calcium score of 30, which I'm told says that I'm in the beginning stages of hardening of the coronary arteries. As repeated numerous times on this board, even mild hardening causes BP spikes.

Systolic BP tends to run high, though the last couple of doctor visits from last week have my BP (measured at the upper arm) at about 107/71, which is notably better than when I first started taking anti-hypertensives.

Is the 6mg/day of vitamin K2-4 reducing my tissue calcification and thus lowering my BP? Don't know, haven't had another calcium score test.

Presuming the "kidney protective" effects of Losartan are unnecessary, maybe I should drop it. If my calcium score is dropping that would indicate that K2 therapy is working and thus Losartan is/will soon be unnecessary.

The Bystolic is a different story, that's to keep my resting heart rate under 100 so I don't develop an enlarged heart. There's still no diagnosis as to the cause of my tachycardia, and my cardiologist seems remarkably disinterested in finding that cause given that he's ordered no tests whatsoever to find it. I don't know if such laziness is common among cardiologists.
eDOC wrote:If you are suffering from Type 2 than why are you considering Lipo C?

Why, does lipo C harm Type 2s? I'd rather do IVC, if it weren't, so far as I can tell around here, overpriced, overtimed, and generally targeted at rich Californians with more money than knowledge coming to Scottsdale for a vacation and an expensive commercial IVC treatment. Nobody around here seems to be doing what you or Cathcart are/were doing, and they run screaming at the suggestion of doing what you're doing.
eDOC wrote:You are suffering from Diabetic neuropathy too........ enough have other things to take care of, rather than ungrateful freebies.

True, though it doesn't seem to be measurable yet in terms of sensory deficit. Had a monofilament test done, podiatrist says 10/10. It's mostly just intermittent tingling, and by "intermittent" I mean a few times a day, usually for less than 30 seconds, and only once has been outright painful. It could indicate nerves are healing, rather than getting worse.

How does one demonstrate proper gratefulness on an Internet board? I don't expect you to care, but I'd hire you in a heartbeat if I lived anywhere near Orlando, and if I could move to Orlando I would.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by eDOC » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:10 pm

1. There's still no diagnosis as to the cause of my tachycardia, and my cardiologist seems remarkably disinterested in finding that cause given that he's ordered no tests whatsoever to find it. I don't know if such laziness is common among cardiologists.

.................not laziness, but we get fed up of psychotic patients.

2. How does one demonstrate proper gratefulness on an Internet board? I don't expect you to care, but I'd hire you in a heartbeat if I lived anywhere near Orlando, and if I could move to Orlando I would.

...........If I ever come to yr office OR ask for yr assistance online would you give it free, I don’t think so you would probably charge me by the hr. You can’t afford my expertise & btw I pick & choose my patients. I didn’t treat my friend the ex President.......so now you should realize where you stand.

3. I spent 4 decades as a med doc & a decade learning natropath, am a Diplomate & Fellow Board.....& in a few months or a yr you want to become a med doc.........strange.........no wonder yr primary & other docs wanna just want to get over with you.

4. I joined the forums to help needy people in distress coz I know what people go through in our profession, like Jimmy..........

5. You have never even expressed thanks to Owen, Johnwen …… that shows yr ungrateful attitude. Didn't any one teach you to thank in junior high?

6. Take my words people like you rarely get well in the long run............

7. Like posted earlier I have my hands full & feel that I wasted my time with you.....IF I had known earlier would never have replied to yr posts…..& btw after GOD I was yr last hope.

8. No one in forums or any forum shall assist you, as yr docs coz of the psyche you have..........

9. Am done with you & shall NEVER reply to yr posts & kindly don’t reply to this..........if you will wont get an answer.

Good Luck once again………
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”