Can I use 125 g instead of 250 g in stock solution?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can I use 125 g instead of 250 g in stock solution?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:24 am

Hi Owen.

I Ordered and received high quality Quali-C sodium ascorbate . I have some questions

1 .How long would the vitamin c mix last in the fridge if mixed without the EDTA?

2.If I opened the 250gm sodium ascorbate and only used 125gm for a mix , and resealed the bottle for another week or so would that be ok?

3.Would I need to be concerned about it still being sterile ?

I just wanted to try a small dose initially initially case I had a reaction to he Vitamin C, before having a full 100gm dose

Regards

Please know that we strongly recommend using sterile sodium ascorbate from a compounding pharmacy. I understand that requires prescription, but it is definitely the best course of action.

And these days, depending on the issue, especially fighting infection, a True-liposomal vitamin C outperforms IV for reasons we do not yet understand. No needles and no prescription necessary.

1 .How long would the vitamin c mix last in the fridge if mixed without the EDTA?

In solution, vitamin C loses 50% potency in 4 hours, I don't think the EDTA matters or slows this this basic loss of potency. After 4 hours it is stable at 50% potency for days.

In Cathcart's tutorial, he would leave the sludge of sodium ascorbate at the bottom - the bags remained clear. Just prior to using​ ​he would shake the bag, and the contents turned yellow.​

2. If I opened the 250gm sodium ascorbate and only used 125gm for a mix , and resealed the bottle for another week or so would that be ok?

You are on shaky ground to begin with, the powder is not sterile even if the jar is sealed, and the answer depends on how you diluted the 125 gm. If you keep the 50/50 (sodium ascorbate to sterile water) you probably would be okay. The 250 gm in 500 CC makes the ​drips sterile. Does 125 gm in 250 CC make it sterile? probably, but probably not 125 gm in 500 cc. We are talking about the stock solution.

Aside, If you can find sterile 50Ml vials, you could put 25 or 30 grams of sodium ascorbate in the vial as powder. Now they are ready for you to add sterile water before the IV - add the 25 CC sterile water), shake the vial, and you have optimal vitamin C potency. (Remember this is still the stock solution - you have to put the contents of the vial in the IV bag.)

Not sure how sterile this is, but a doctor in the orient does this routinely now. And offers powdered vitamin C (sodium ascorbate) vials to his colleagues.

3.Would I need to be concerned about it still being sterile ?

If it is a 50/50 sodium ascorbate to water concentration - in the stock solution, before putting in the IV bag, you should be okay.​ That is Dr. Cathcart's message after something like 14,000 patients. I don't know how long it takes to kill the microbes - in the stock solution.

I just wanted to try a small dose initially initially case I had a reaction to he Vitamin C, before having a full 100gm dose

You will have a reaction :!: - no doubt. A Cathcart-style sodium ascorbate IV ​is the most potent way to do an IV/C. It surprises doctors (and patients) who are used to the commercial IVs..

And this is why a doctor is a good idea, for example, it is a good idea to have a G6PD test done.. and keep an eye on your urine​. If it starts to turn red - stop, and start taking liposomal glutathione.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ivcfp

Re: Can I use 125 g instead of 250 g in stock solution?

Post Number:#2  Post by ivcfp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Cathcart wrote sterility wasn't a problem as vitamin C is highly bactericidal. In addition, adding the mixed sodium ascorbate solution to the IV bag through a final .2um syringe filter will stop any pathogens.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 am

Correct - 250 g in a 500 cc bag is sterile (per Cathcart's experience) . I would assume that 125 g in a 250 cc bag (stock solution is the same concentration and thus is as sterile. But this is an assumption). 125 g in a 500 cc bag probably is not as sterile.

The micro filter is a good idea and recommended by Levy.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Pianist
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by Pianist » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:01 pm

ofonorow wrote:
Aside, If you can find sterile 50Ml vials, you could put 25 or 30 grams of sodium ascorbate in the vial as powder. Now they are ready for you to add sterile water before the IV - add the 25 CC sterile water), shake the vial, and you have optimal vitamin C potency. (Remember this is still the stock solution - you have to put the contents of the vial in the IV bag.)

How do you transfer POWDER into a sterile vial? Is the only way to remove the cap completely? Is it possible to transfer via a needle?

And another question. If Stock Solution of Sodium Ascorbate looses 50% of it's potency in 4 hours and becomes stable afterwards for days, can the IV/C be used in 150% concentration to make up for the lost 50% of potelcy?

How long can the stock solution be store in a refrigerator without EDTA and remain it's 50% potency?

Pianist
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by Pianist » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:24 am

Anyone please?

Do you remove the vial cap, transfer powder into vial via a funnel, seal cap, transfer water into vial by syringe and needle through silicon septum, then shake vial and transfer solution to IV bag via a syringe with attached .2 micron filter? But then where do you get 100cc syringes to transfer at least 100ml of solution? I haven't seen 100cc syringes... Please advise.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”