More questions on IV/C Prep - Glass for Stock Solution

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

More questions on IV/C Prep - Glass for Stock Solution

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:41 am

Hello,
My name is William and I am interested in self administering Vitamin C intravenously. I am interested in taking IV Vitamin C in hopes that it will protect me against an Anthrax Vaccine that the military is forcing me to take. My wife and I are currently trying to conceive a child, and so I do not want to harm my unborn child. I currently practice emergency medicine through my civilian employer and my military reserve command. My wife has a Doctorate in Family Nurse Practitioner and currently practices medicine at a retail clinic. The reason I am telling you this, is to ease your mind regarding any advice you may or may not give me concerning self administration of IV Vitamin C. In other words, both my wife and I have started countless IV’s and administered much medication through calculated
IV drips, so we both feel confident in our abilities. However, after reading through your website: http://vitamincfoundation.org/alerts.php, and especially the PDF document outlining Dr. Robert Cathcart’s explanation of how to administer IV Vitamin C; I still have the following questions. I thank you in advance for your time and help regarding my dilemma.

Respectfully,
W. C.

Question 1) Can I mix the Vitamin C stock solution in a sterilized glass mason jar? I have plenty of them, am able to sterilize them in boiling water, and have plastic lids that fit them and will not corrode.

Answer 1)

Question 2) Can I inject the Vitamin C stock solution directly into a bag of 0.9% sodium chloride (i.e. Normal saline), and administer the Vitamin C that way? I have easy access to commercially prepared 0.9% sodium chloride.

Answer 2)

Question 3) If I am unable to inject the Vitamin C stock solution into a commercially prepared bag of 0.9% sodium chloride, and I must inject the stock solution into a Glass IV bottle filled with Sterile Water, then where would I obtain a glass IV bottle from, and how would I administer the Vitamin C from the glass IV bottle? In other words, I will not have the luxury of the sealed plastic IV bag, or the use of gravity to hang the bottle upside down.

Answer 3)

Question 4) Must I use a Magnetic Stirrer to make my Vitamin C stock solution, or can I simply mix the Sodium Ascorbate powder/crystals directly into distilled water using a sterile glass rod?

Answer 4)

To address the reason for considering IV/C, note it is a means to provide very high blood levels, but as with all vitamin C in the blood stream, its half life is 30 minutes. So unless there is a reason to achieve blood levels 1000 times normal (such a fighting a cancer tumor) you might be better off with Bowel Tolerance dosages of oral vitamin C. I don't see any additional value in IV/C for what you are trying to accomplish.

Continued intake of oral vitamin C should replenish all your cells and would be a good thing to do before any vaccines. (It is also a good idea for your wife! In fact, all of Linus Paulings high antioxidant regimen on page 14 of How To Live Longer and Feel Better (1986)

If you still want to try an IV - make sure it is sodium ascorbate, the glass for the stock solution should be fine, but we we don't recommend a saline solution. Dr. Levy told me he always uses sterile water. Dr. Cathcart didn't use either a microfilter or stirrer, but in Dr. Levy's experience, the stirrer makes mixing a lot easier. The microfilter is for legal purposes, and not a bad idea.

I understand sterile water IV bags are hard to find, and perhaps a doctor at the forum can suggest what commercial IV bags to use.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

rmfurr

Re: More questions on IV/C Prep - Glass for Stock Solution

Post Number:#2  Post by rmfurr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:32 am

I still find IV V helpful for anyone and much more powerful than oral.

To answer these questions:
1)yes, mason jars are great improvised containers for stock solution. However, boiling water may not be enough to sterilize. A pressure cooker is better.

2) it's not reccomended to add the vitamin c to saline because then the solution will become hypertonic.

3) again, this is another way that you can use a larger size mason jar for. just use a larger quart size jar, drill a hole in the lid, buy a self-healing injection port from a mycology supply store, fill with purified water, and then sterilize in a makeshift autoclave (pressure cooker). Plug an IV line into the injection port. wrap the mason jar in ductape and attach a rope handle and hang from a hook on the ceiling.

4) this is irrelevant. you don't need anything to stir with, just put the lid on and shake it up.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”