Price increase driving us to our own mixing

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Price increase driving us to our own mixing

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:49 am

Hello,
I am interested in the vitamin C IV because my husband was getting them at a doctors office after his TBI and they really helped but then they stopped doing the IVC and I found another place that did them but they are asking $300 for an IVC and they dont even take 3 hours more like 35 to 45 min.

We cant afford that at all So I found Robert F. Cathcarts mix and information. I ordered the Sodium Ascorbate fine crystals and would like a little guidance on doing the IV ourselves. My husbands mother is a phlebotomist so she will be doing the needle poke and I just have t get the mix right.

Where can I get the EDTA that is one issue I have run into.

Another issue is the first doctor that did his IVC also gave him 600mg of glutathione with the vitamin C. Where can I get glutathione? anyone here use this along with their IVC any information helps
Thanks

The price increase is not necessarily your doctor's fault, it was created by new government regulations (probably designed to raise IV/C prices).

The good news is that if you do the Cathcart protocol correctly, it is the most potent vitamin C IV that can be administered. Remember, Cathcart's procedure is to make the STOCK SOLUTION. The STOCK SOLUTION is analogous to what would come in a commercial vial and is not directly injected into the veins. So if you wanted to start slow, a 25 gram IV/C, you would put 50 grams of the STOCK SOLUTION into a regular IV/Bag, probably a bag filled with sterile water.

Cathcart stored his STOCK SOLUTIONS unmixed in a refrigerator, and the EDTA was to help preserve the potency of the vitamin C over time. If you are mixing and administering right away, you would not require the EDTA.

What is the application you are using IV/C for. While glutathione can help produce miraculous results in certain conditions, it is contra-indicated when using vitamin C to fight cancers. The cancers apparently benefit from the Gluta.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Price increase driving us to our own mixing

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:37 am

Owen,
    Will be doing IVC to help immune boost and also help for the toxicity in body because of the hormone imbalance caused from the TBI. you stated that we should start with 50 grams of the STOCK SOLUTION into a regular IV Bag.
    When I mix the 50 grams of stock solution, still use the 500cc of sterile water? Will the the stock solution of 250 grams of Sodium Ascorbate and 250cc of sterile water potency be diminished after I mix. Should we use a Aspiration Injection Disc Filter in line with transparent tubing to the 23g butterfly. How long should the 50gram mix take not the same 4 hours as the full mix correct?
    thank you

These questions confuse me! The stock solution is not given IV !!!!! It is the same as what you would get in a vial from a commercial supplier. (Maybe a small amount intra-muscular to save a baby from SIDS!)

A vial (or stock solution) is then added to a standard IV bag!

And I was pointing out that for every 2 CC of stock solution, 1 CC is vitamin C, so if you want to start at 25 grams of vitamin C, you would add 50 CC of the stock solution to the water in the IV bag.

If you wanted to give a 50 gram IV, you would have to somehow get 100 CC of the stock solution into a bag filled with sterile water, etc.

From experience, a 200 gram IV/C requires two separate 100 gram IV bags.

More below

Owen,
Will be doing IVC to help immune boost and also help for the toxicity in body because of the hormone imbalance caused from the TBI.

​TBI? All this can be done orally - or with liposomal. The advantage of IV is very high (temporary) ascorbate levels, which can be important for cancer.

you stated that we should start with 50 grams of the STOCK SOLUTION into a regular IV Bag.

​Only if you want a 25 gram IV/C.

When I mix the 50 grams of stock solution, still use the 500cc of sterile water?

​My doc adds it to an IV bag, I don't know if he makes his own IV bags, with reduced water, but most would have space to allow the active ingredient. Maybe a real doc will chime in?

Will the the stock solution of 250 grams of Sodium Ascorbate and 250cc of sterile water potency be diminished after I mix.

This is where you confuse me. The Stock solution gives you 250 grams of vitamin C for IV. (In 500 CCs of stock solution). So if you would have enough to give 5 IV's of 50 grams each. Or 10 of 25g each. In this example, 5 50g IV/C, you would add 100 CCs of the stock solution to an IV bag for each IV/C.

You do NOT mix the IVs ahead of time! You prepare a stock solution, and refrigerate. Then you add some of the stock solution to the sterile water IV bag just prior to the IV.

Should we use a Aspiration Injection Disc Filter in line with transparent tubing to the 23g butterfly.

​? Cathcart didn't, but Dr. Levy recommends using a micro filter, and my doc attaches the filter to a syringe and pushes the stock solution through the filter, but I have also seen him use it during the IV.

How long should the 50gram mix take not the same 4 hours as the full mix correct?

​I have no idea what you are asking -so be very careful!!! My sense is that your understanding is way off! The rate is usually up to the doctor and his experience. The rate of the drip. A faster drip (leading to higher blood concentrations) is recommended treating cancer, but this can be harder on the patient.​
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:47 am

Owen,

We are going to use the sterile water but was going to obtain the Lactated Ringers in case we needed . But your right the research we did also stated not to solely use Ringers. We are going to mix the Bronson Sodium Ascorbate fine crystals in sterile water for the stock solution and add stock solution to Sterile water for IV.

My Husbands Neurologist stated that his brain has healed all that it is going to (not going to heal any more after 1 years time).

What we are trying to achieve is help his body limit the issues he is having from Low immune, toxicity, etc. He is taking prevagen for his thought cloudiness an thought process he says it helps but we will mention it to his Doctor. Its been a long road since 2008 but we are still doing what ever we can to keep him moving and going to continue. He was getting the Myers Cocktail before then his doctor suggested the IVC and it helped him a lot, it was definitely a blow not to be able to get them even though it was 1 or twice a month. We are hoping that once he is on them regularly his body will not be stressed so much and be able to heal more surpassing what the doctors say. Then he wont need them as regular.
Thanks for the information
Ill keep you posted

Next I am going to post Dr. Levy's interesting answer to the question of when to use sterile water, because he stresses the value of True-liposomal, in high dosages.

Remember, healing requires stem cells and cell division, and in general, brain cells do not divide. However, recent research published by Life Extension Foundation has discovered the previously unexpected, that Taurine in dosages of perhaps 2 grams, has been shown to promote new brain cells! Taurine is very low cost, there is little risk, so what have you go to lose by trying?

Grow New Brain Cells
http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2015/9/grow-new-brain-cells/page-01

p.s.
I wanted to also ask you if you have herd of anyone implementing magnesium chloride with their IVC mix if so what quantity?

Google. I am not sure what form of magnesium is routinely given IV, but magneisum (and vitamin C) are part of the EDTA chelation protocol recommended by the American Academy for the Advancement in Medicine (ACAM).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:54 am

Hello Owen,

For both stock solutions and the bag to be administered, I believe sterile water is the best way to go. Normal saline and lactated Ringer's are OK. D5W will work, but it is counterproductive to put glucose in the same bag with vitamin C and have them compete to get inside the cell.

I don't have a detailed procedure other than what we wrote on Dr. Cathcart's original protocol. http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/civprep.pdf

If you never saw it, I have an extensive section in Death by Calcium entitled "The Guide to the Optimal Administration of Vitamin C" that could be of significant interest to you and the forum.

An FYI: after 10 years with the LivOn lypo C, I am just now realizing how incredibly beneficial it can be when pushed to very high doses. Specifically, for infections and chronic degenerative diseases such as cancer, taking 30 to 50 packets (30 to 50 grams) in divided doses orally in a day can have equal to greater impact than a 50 gram IV. Obviously the price and availability is much better for the patient as well. Don't know if this would apply to your liposome product or not.

Best regards,

Dr. Levy
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”