Urine pH measures 5.7 during IVC - is this normal?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ysuvorava5

Urine pH measures 5.7 during IVC - is this normal?

Post Number:#1  Post by ysuvorava5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello. My father has prostate cancer and this is his 5th day doing "hot" IVC using the Dr. Cathcart's method. I measured the pH of his urine and it shows 5.7. I also measured my own and it shows 6.7 for me. Is this normal that his urine pH is acidic? Shouldn't it be close to 7.4 pH like the IVC "stock solution"? Has anyone else measured their urine during IVC? What were your numbers like?

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Urine pH measures 5.7 during IVC - is this normal?

Post Number:#2  Post by dectiri » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Urine is WHAT IS BEING FILTERED OUT of the blood, not the 'stock solution' stuff.. the ascorbic acid and dehydroascorbic acid... so acidic.... and especially since the IV PUTS LARGE AMOUNTS INTO CIRCULATION RAPIDLY which then -- having a HALF-LIFE of 30minute, would mean much more ascorbic acid and dehydroascorbic acid than your normal output...

Tell me, were you using the RIORDAN TEST C STRIPS to measure C??? or just plain pH strips??

We tried using pH-IONS test strips and they were focused on the usual ranges for urine and saliva so the pH scale bottom was where the reading needed to be taken, and it was frustrating trying to GUESS HOW CLOSE TO THIS COLOR [pH NUMBER] OR THAT COLOR #...

Using regular full range pH strips was just as bad since their color choices represented a bigger chunk of pHs so even if you had a near perfect color match, the actual didn't actually have to be the average in that range... so again nebulous estimating....

I sure wish that C-Meter device that the Aussies were getting ready for production, using finger-prick tech would MATERIALISE FINALLY....

Has anyone used the RIORDAN TEST C STRIPS and found them useful in figuring how much C your body's processing --- maybe based on RIORDAN'S 4 COMPARTMENT MODEL and its PARAMETERS...??

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by dectiri » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:20 am

While i'm at it, the body and tissues of a cancer patient tend to be quite acidic, without any C in digested form... so some sources advocate that their health results show a strong anti-cancer effect by dosing the patient with the orthomolecular fix for acidity in the tissues, namely sodium bicarbonate [aka baking soda] so hopefully, you'd be adding that dietary supplement to his normal diet..... ttyl

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 am

Very interesting about PH, I bought Test Strips and a PH meter, I checked and both said it was 5.6. Urine and Saliva was 6.1
I took 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate twice yesterday in a cup of water, when I Tested this AM it now shows 6.5 Urine and 7.0 Saliva.
the Test Strip instructions says, Ideal Urine = 6.7 - 7.0, and Saliva Ideal = 7.0 - 7.5

simpleiv826

Post Number:#5  Post by simpleiv826 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:08 am

5.7 is not an ideal pH for urine but as far as I know urine under 5.0 is considered not normal

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”