The TrifecTA Study Begins

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The TrifecTA Study Begins

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 pm

More reflections on TrifecTA (liposomal cycloastragenol) as we approach the first year of supplementing the astralgus root extract.

From the telomere reading, it was clear from Harvard experiments that growing telomeres, when they are not critically short, has very little rejuvenating or any other noticeable effect. It was only in the mouse experiments when the telomeres were critically short, leading to the distinct symptoms of advanced aging, that lengthening telomeres produced remarkable anti-aging effects. So in a nutshell, until telomeres are critically short, there may not be any noticeable anti-aging effects. Of course, by lengthening, the life span can be increased, regardless.

Furthermore, we were hoping that the addition of the Ames nutrients - alpha lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine - would create some rejuvenation effects on the mitochondria by themselves. Per the last post, the results have been disappointing so far.

As we consider our future options, we will probably drop the Ames nutrients and resveratrol (a plant poison) and focus on cycloastragenol, perhaps in combination with DSM quali-c vitamin C.

If you are reading these words, you have some interest in lengthening your telomeres. We would appreciate your thoughts on what might be better to add to TrifecTA to help stimulate telomere lengthening.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 am

Curiouser and curiouser.. We are going to post all the Life Length reports, and will also summarize the results, which are, as I have said, no male has lengthened their telomeres, but every female tested has.

The female who had the greatest success is a medical doctor, who uses electrical stimulation devices in her practice - and routinely on herself.

I found out about her using electrical stimulation after sharing with her the work of Shealy and the Italian Carlos Ventura. We are going to meet today to try and understand her routine.

Going back through her two test reports, the summary is as follows:

On the first report, to simplify, here chronological age was 64.8, but her effective biological (or telomere) age was 65.1 (April 2015)

The second test (Nov 2015) the chronological age was 65.3 (Hopefully she had a birthday :-) and her biological/telomere age was 60.8.

So, assuming she was doing everything else the same, e.g. electrical stimulation, then it seems logical to conclude that on its own, the stimulation did not affect her telomeres.

But what ever she did (or does) somehow amplified the effects of TrifecTA/cycloastragenol.

p.s. Normal Shealy has tested and sells a "magnetic bed" that he claims grows telemores 1% per year (when they normally shorten 1% per year). High resonant DNA freq. Only problem, the bed retails at $5,500.

What ever our female doctor did, using biological age, she grew 4.3 years younger from May to Nov?, or 7-8 months, so maybe younger at a rate 6-8 years bio per year, or simply, her telomeres are growing at a rate from 6% to 8% per year!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:05 am

Short on sleep, was up late with the doctor who had the spectacular result. While this is fresh..

Nothing conclusive and if it will be reproducible, it will take experimentation.

First I wanted to know if she felt any different. She didn't think so, however, she will be participating in a 9 hour dance marathon next month, and later on she said that she feels better than when she was 18. Also, she was relieved to hear about my weight loss, because she experienced a similar weight loss after starting TrifecTA, and knowing this can be a sign of cancer, had been concerned.

Nothing else changed in her routine, and she was compliant. She really "wanted" my experiment to be successful, and we ended up talking about whether her "mind control" caused telomere growth. Even if this were true, TrifecTA was still part of the equation.

She takes " a hundred" vitamin pills, like I do. I have just had my year (4th) test and my telomeres are still shrinking. Her's grew almost 5 years (biologically younger) in 6 month AFTER she added TrifecTA to her routine.

The working hypothesis is that something she does routinely, amplified the effect of the cycloastragenol in TrifecTA.

Strong Supplement: Her gut feeling was that one particularly unique and potent supplement, that her "savant" doctor prescribes, might have played a role. It has a proprietary formula (she read the ingredients, and they include ATP, NAC and herbs) and it is readily available, at least through doctors. We may offer it to any of our study subjects who are interested adding it to their TrifecTA - especially we men. She was taking this prior to the TrifecTA baseline, and she has been fairly compliant on it.

As an aside, we called her doctor (who has the special connection to the universe and I found his input on a reformulation insightful, i.e., he suggested adding vitamin C and removing resveratrol. He "reading" was the Alpha Lipoic Acid was key... and/or maybe the NAC..).

Anyway his "sense" was that the electro-medicine this doctor performs on herself is not the explanation for her telomere growth.

I'm not so sure. She has been doing a TENS machine (something like an FDA approved Rife machine) on herself and patients for about 2 and one half years. She gave me 4 sets of preprogrammed frequencies she uses on herself - and runs 2 to 3 times per week on herself (including one set labeled "DNA Repair") She also hangs the electrodes over the bed, with her head close to the electrodes, and she runs the machine while she sleeps. (She said 8 hours, but then I learned she probably averages 4-6 hours of sleep daily).

She has another electrical device, but uses it much less frequently on herself (unless she has back pain) and for completeness, she has an EMF damper, (Total Shield), in her office to protect her office workers. (It was getting late, but she told me story of how she felt when somebody moved it.)

What do we know?

Carlos Ventura in Italy is changing gene expression using electromagnetic (and sound) vibrations.

Norman Shealy claims his "magnetic bed" grows telomeres 1% per year. (Our doc on TrifecTA grew hers at a rate over 5%)

There may be a so-called electropolation phenomenon caused by electrical fields that Robert C Beck (and others) were/are worried about because it apparently makes cell membranes more receptive to whatever is in the blood. This effect, if it exists, was discovered by Weaver. See the bottom of the first topic in this thread: http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12367. Supposedly 1 mg of aspirin has the effectiveness of 40 mg during the time the electrical/magnetic field is active. (As an aside, the "Beck people" I have been communicating with tell me a) that the concern is misplaced and they have never seen or heard of a case electropolation with people using their devices, but b) if it turned out that using their devices grow telomeres, that would explain a lot of the reports they get.)

So how do we find out if the electromagnetic fields are the key, and what frequencies are important?

We are getting ready to evaluate the Beck machines with our employees. So some of the people in the TrifecTA study will have access to the microamp generating devices.

And we now have a time frame. The other TrifecTA women's telomeres grew marginally, but if we can create this effect in others, esp. we men, it should only require 6 months to find out.

It is said we learn from our mistakes or failures. If adding the new supplement and/or Beck protocol does not have the same outstanding effect on Telomere growth, then I will personally purchase a TENS unit, and run the same set of frequencies at night while my wife and I sleep. (One thing that makes me think the TrifecTA amplificaton effect is frequency independent - which may be what the savant was feeling - was a statement in one of the Robert C Beck lectures on his so-called bio or brain tuner. He said in answer to a question, the bio-tuner is a superset of the TENS unit, "A Bio Tuner is a TENS unit, but a TENS unit is not a bio-tuner." This was an off the cuff answer to a question, but it is the reason our first experiment with electrical amplification of telomere growth will be with Beck machines.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:59 am

Here is what we are planning to do to test and perhaps isolate the variations that amplified the effect of TrifecTA (liposomal cycloastragenol + ALC/ALA) in the case of a compliant, 64 year-old female.

First, we have contacted Life Length and may utilize their research labs. We are interested whether they can help us test various electromagnetic frequencies in the standard laboratory telomerase (TARP?) assays. We sent email to Sierra Sciences, but they ignored us. The idea is to try and determine whether the Carlos Ventura technique for altering gene expression might cause telomerase to be expressed, and to find the frequencies. (Note this could be interesting cancer research, as somehow, aggressive cancers have "solved" the problem of turning on telomerase. Perhaps electromagnetic fields are part of the equation?) We might also set up our own testing lab, if some billionaire decides this might be worth funding :D

Here is the record of the variations that will be introduced into the existing TrifecTA study.

I (owen) will do "everything" the good doctor does, and then some.

All others will be doing a variation, per the following schedule:

IL1002 Female Age 65 Median 11.0 Short 5.9 (3/20/2015)
Status: Our Good Doctor. Compliant 2 to 3 daily dosages. Outstanding Telomere growth
Female Age 65.3 Median 12.5 Short 6.6 (9/?/2015)
No Variation

IL13 – Male age 61.2 Median 10.7 Short 5.6 (Owen)
Status: Telomeres still shrinking after one year. Compliant. High dosage
Variations
+Beck: Magnetic Pulser, Blood Purifier, Biotuner
+ATP/NAC supplement
+Increased exercise
+ Structured Water

IL04 – Female age 62.2 Median 11.2 Short 5.7 (Marianne)
Status: Telomeres grew. Compliant, but on low dosage (diarrhea with higher dosages)
Variations
+ Beck: magnetic Pulser, Blood Purifier, Biotuner
+ ATP/NAC supplement
+ Boron & Cuccumin/Tumeric (These anti-cancer supplements MIGHT work by inhibiting telomerase)

ILs06 - Female age 48 Median 9.4 Short 5.0

Status: Telomere grew. Compliant, with some stoppages (thought she bloated)
Variation:
+ Beck: Magnetic Pulser, Blood Purifier, BioTuner
+ ATP/NAC Supplement

IL06 – Male age 63.0 Median 8.6 Short 4.9
Variation:
+ Beck: Magnetic Pulser, Blood purifier
+ ATP supplement

IL05 – Male age 68.4 Median 7.5 Short 4.6
Status: Dropped out (Diarrhea) but Reentering at a lower dosage. No Telomere growth.
Note: We then Tested with only Structured Water by itself (waiting on measurement)
Variation:
Will restart TrifecTA (low dosage) mixed with Structured Water

AZ04 – Female age 48.8 Median 11.6 Short 5.9
Compliant but can only tolerate low dosage
Variation: May introduce dance-like exercise/loud music into her routine.

AZ01 – Male age 49.2 Median 10.7 Short 5.6
Status: Waiting on follow-up Life Length (not very compliant because of taste)
Variation:
+ Beck: Magnetic Pulser, Blood purifier, Biotuner

Drop Outs

IL02 – Female age 54.2 Median 11.4 Short 6.0
Status Dropped out (She felt TrifecTA adversely affected her mood)

IL03 – Male age 56.5 Median 9.6 Short 5.4

IL07 – Male age 68.6 Median 8.9 Short 5.4
Status: Dropped Out (Was compliant. No Tel. growth. Worried that TrifecTA might accelerate cancer)

AZ03 – Female age 67.8 Median 10.5 Short 6.0
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by popnowlin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

ofonorow wrote:
IL06 – Male age 63.0 Median 8.6 Short 4.9
Variation:
+ Beck: Magnetic Pulser, Blood purifier
+ ATP supplement

The 63 year old male is actually 64 now. I'm looking forward to doubling down on the study with more kinds of treatment. This should be interesting.
Popnowlin
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by lolex » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 pm

ofonorow wrote:Thinking about our results so far.

All women who have remained in our study have extended/grown their telomeres (in a very short time as far as these studies go.)

All the men have remained constant, but we have not demonstrated any lengthening in our telomeres (yet) even with high compliance and large dosages.

Re: male vs females, other than body weight, the other difference is hormonal.

In my case, with no lengthening of telomeres, other than a small darkening of my beard near the mustache, requirement for less sleep and the coincidental weight loss, there have been no noticeable anti-aging effects. (Ed Park reported that it took five years for his telomeres to grow, and they declined during the first year.) This makes it a very tough sell. The only way I can see for a man to determine this expensive product is working is by monitoring with very expensive telomere length testing, and we still don't have a positive result in a man after about 9 months.

Hi Owen

This is new on Ed Park's Blog.... I thought that it may explain why your T's aren't extending.... taking too much TA65 !!

http://www.rechargebiomedical.com/ta-65 ... zed-trial/

I think this abstract is short enough not to violate any copyright sensitivities. Regards....

Salvador et al (Rejuvenation Research.2016 Mar 30]

A Natural Product Telomerase Activator Lengthens Telomeres in Humans: A Randomized, Double Blind, and Placebo Controlled Study.

This was a double-blinded (patients and researchers not aware what substance was taken), placebo-controlled (half were given ‘inactive’ substances), randomized controlled trial (assignment to treatment at two doses versus non-treatment was done randomly therefore minimizing the risk of unknown confounding variables). The study was small but that is only a problem if you don’t find something. In this case, findings did reach statistical significance for the low dose TA-65 and control groups.

The study was conducted on 117 relatively healthy Barcelonian cytomegalovirus-positive subjects aged 53–87 years old.

23 subjects received one TA-65 capsule (250 U) and three placebo capsules;

22 subjects received four TA-65 capsules, each consisting of 250 U of TA-65 (i.e., 1000 U/4 capsules).

Fifty-two subjects received four placebo capsules.

Here is a table highlighting the statistically-significantly findings:ta-65_rctAs we can see, there was a decrease of 290 base pairs among the placebo group and an increase in 530 base pairs. Compared with the placebo group and assuming 100 base pair erosion per year (actually can vary a lot but 50-200 is typical), we can say that the low-dose TA-65 group GAINED SEVEN YEARS of viable telomere length.

Here are the results from the 20%ile of telomeres, indicating even more significant (lower P values) finding associated with the DISTRIBUTION of telomeres. In other words, the net change in the 20%ile decreased for placebo users and increased for the low dose TA-65 users.

20th_ta65_rct

This study focused on CMV-positive subjects of an older group because a previous study had suggested this group of individuals have significant changes when exposed to TA-65.

There may be some suggestion that the higher dosing was less effective and indeed, data from the patent application also suggests diminishing returns at higher concentrations.

uspto

So is less really more when it comes to taking TA-65? That is what this study would indicate!

As far as clinical effects, I seem to notice more prominent effects of higher doses as measured by heuristics such as sleep changes, mood, recovery, and exercise.

Although the current data do not bear this out, I believe that higher doses may be activating more apoptosis and therefore causing loss of both very long and short telomeres. I know that one of my worst patient results became the best after high dose TA-65 as I blogged about here.

Knowing what we know about the importance of telomeres in maintaining health and longevity and given the safety of this supplement, would you consider spending $2,000 for 7 years more length on your biological clock?

If you would like to try TA-65 and receive our instructions on how to best maximize your benefits, order from me at rechargebiomedical.com

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 am

Thank you very much for this! We are about to get results for a low dose young women (who couldn't tolerate even a medium dosage of TrifecTA without feeling dehydrated.) It will be interesting.

However, if you have Park's book, Telomere Timebombs, refer to page 124! His own telomere length is plotted over 5 years, and the amount he was taking daily is at the top of the chart. It wasn't until he increased his dosage to 50, and then 100 mg, that his telomeres began lengthening in a straight line! From that chart, the effectiveness of TA-65 is seems to be dose dependent. (And I will look at your link, but the numbers you posted above were not all that impressive.)

And I am not sure this explains our results in women. Our women generally weigh less, on the same dosage as men, so it would be a higher mg/kg dosage in women.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by lolex » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:31 pm

ofonorow wrote:

However, if you have Park's book, Telomere Timebombs, refer to page 124! His own telomere length is plotted over 5 years, and the amount he was taking daily is at the top of the chart. [/i])

Hmmmm.... I got the book on Kindle and Knidle does not show graphics - just illegible blobs... Bugger !

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:36 pm

So we did a leg or our pilot to see whether extensive use of the Beck Machines, and "electropolation" might cause more TrifecTA to be up-taken by cells, and possibly duplicate what our good doctor saw with her TENS unit. Although 2.5 years is still "early" in the Ed Park life cycle, we are disappointed, to say the least. The telomeres for men are still shrinking.

We are testing a woman now, but she is also very ill, indicating to me the lack of efficacy (but her thought was that she might not be alive without TrifecTA.)

So I just ordered a multi-thousand dollar professional TENS unit. The same set of frequencies in broadcast mode will be run while my wife and I sleep (as the good doctor who grew 5 years younger in six months.)

We'll report it here first.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#25  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:23 am

The LifeLength results now come in very quickly.. I have to double check but this is for the woman we just tested, as well as find her intermediate results.

First
IL v06 - Female age 48 Median Telomere Length 9.4 Crit. Short Telomeres (20%) 5.0 **

Latest Sep 2016
IL 011 - Female age 49.5 Median Telomere Length 9.8 Crit. Short Telomeres (20%) 5.9 **

So while modest, there is an effect lengthening telomeres in women, in this case a severely ill woman, that we haven't seen in men. So instead of the shortening that would be expected for a year and one half of aging, she went the other way :)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 am

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW...

Finally a report that beat our good female doctor - in an almost 70-year old male - whose telomeres are now like that of a 59.1 (He started with an estimated age of 71.1) And he has been looking good lately!

Initial report
IL05 – Male age 68.4 Median Telomere Length 7.5 Crit. Short Telomeres (20th %) 4.6
Today's report
IL05 (14) – Male age 6​9.8 Median Telomere Length 11.6 Crit. Short Telomeres (20th %) 7.5

Now, this result was not using TrifecTA !! I am trying to clear how much I can say as this person was investigating the property of a new "structured water" he is about to introduce on the commercial market. This is a fabulous result, but may not be easy to duplicate. Stay tuned as I learn whether I can reveal the protocol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by lolex » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:14 pm

That is really impressive... I hope you get permission to release details. I'd expect so, if he's going commercial.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#28  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 am

Yes, we plan to retest the individual - in case the test result was a fluke, plus now 3 others are on the same protocol and 3 more are on a variant, so if this is reproducible, we will let people know here. (I am one of those trying to duplicate the results.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#29  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:51 am

We wills start a new threat - TrifecTA Study Ends. Bottom line is that we will not be marketing Liposomal cycloatragenol at this time.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#30  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 am

We may be renaming TrifecTA "pheonix"... There have been two outstanding Life Length reports that took us 9 months to finally obtain after the results should have been available (long story) and I didn't expect that much out of my brother Robert in Arizona. Although he is something like 9 years younger, and his initial telomeres were identical to mine (median/critical).

We finally got the reports and Robert grew 10 years younger in one year on TrifecTA! (I will be uploading all reports to the standard directory soon). Robert was totally compliant for 3 months, then took about a teaspoon every other day for the rest of the year. Here are the results just in for the male (Robert) and his former girl-friend in Arizona.
Both did well.

Male -- AZ01 and AZ09
Summary of AZ01 http://immortal-telomeres.com/pdfs/Repo ... 009001.pdf
Chron Age 49.2
Bio Age 52.1
Median 10.7
Critical Short 5.6

Summary of AZ09 (Soon to be uploaded)
Chron 50.2 (looks right)
Bio 41.7 (10.4 years younger!)
Median 12.1 (+1.4)
Critical​ 7.5 (+1.​9)

Female - AZ04 and AZ07
Summary of AZ04 http://immortal-telomeres.com/pdfs/Repo ... 009004.pdf
​Chron 48
Bio 47.8 ​
Median 11.6
Critical 5.9

Summary of AZ07 (attached)
Chron 49.1 (Looks right)
Bio 45.1 (2.7 years younger)
Median 11.4 (-.2)
Critical 6.5 (+.​6)

Rob takes a certain medication.
Rob takes more of the China-Free True-Liposomal vitamin C than anyone in the world (because of his dental infections that he cannot afford to have treated.)
Because of his chronic infection, there is great turnover in his immune system - and these are the cells used to generate the telomere reports. So one possible explanation is that he is not creating new cells, and that the cells that died were the ones with the shortest telomeres - making his report look better without actual growth. But we will keep at this, because if he drops another 10 years - the only explanation is that TrifecTA works in conjunction with something he is doing.

On the outside chance that the China-Free Liposomal (CFL) has the strong effect - if anyone reading this takes large amounts (and you know who you are) we will pay for a Life Length telomere test for you.

So the only two people who remained in the study and did not seem to respond are: Me and Popnowlin. Hmmm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Telomeres”