I stopped the progression of my Calcium Score

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I stopped the progression of my Calcium Score

Post Number:#1  Post by SonnyCrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 am

Hi.. I was on here a couple years ago.. See my old posts.. I had a calcium score of 112. I just had my 2 year follow up.. It went up to 113.65... I effectively haulted the progression. I am very lucky and blessed. I threw everything I could at it (including Lipitor) and by the miracle of God, vitamin C, vitamin K2 and on and on.. My risk of a heart attack is extremely low now..

Thanks everybody! I just wanted to share the news. I can posts the reports if anyone wants to see them!

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: I stopped the progression of my Calcium Score

Post Number:#2  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:43 pm

SonnyCrack wrote:Hi.. I was on here a couple years ago.. See my old posts.. I had a calcium score of 112. I just had my 2 year follow up.. It went up to 113.65... I effectively haulted the progression. I am very lucky and blessed. I threw everything I could at it (including Lipitor) and by the miracle of God, vitamin C, vitamin K2 and on and on.. My risk of a heart attack is extremely low now..

Thanks everybody! I just wanted to share the news. I can posts the reports if anyone wants to see them!

Great Job! Keep it up

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by SonnyCrack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 am

My regimine hasn't change since I started. I try to take everything religiously, if you see my previous posts you can get an idea of my story and what I take everyday. I was torn on lipitor but after extensive research and the proven anti-inflammatory science behind it, I've been taking it without and side effects (so far). I've seen a lot of posts on here from people whos scores have kept increasing since taking Vit C so I figured I"d share mine as I'm getting great results.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:19 am

SonnyCrack wrote:My regimine hasn't change since I started. I try to take everything religiously, if you see my previous posts you can get an idea of my story and what I take everyday. I was torn on lipitor but after extensive research and the proven anti-inflammatory science behind it, I've been taking it without and side effects (so far). I've seen a lot of posts on here from people whos scores have kept increasing since taking Vit C so I figured I"d share mine as I'm getting great results.

I question the idea that Lipitor is "proven." (According to their TV ads - Pfizer has funded over 400 studies on Lipitor - they keep hoping one will show plaque regression.) :-)

What is your dosage of Lipitor?

Remember, cholesterol is your friend.. Your body produces more when you are fighting heart disease... Artificially lowering it only makes sense if you body is really making much more than it needs. And vitamin C is one of the best ways to fight inflammation.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by SonnyCrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 am

I tried to quote you Owen but it didn't work.. To answer, I was at very high risk..I have genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, I left it untreated for my entire life and ended up with a calcium score over 100 at such a young age. I recommend watching the documentary the Widow Maker.. It is true and if you have some evidence that lipitor do NOT reduce inflammation, I'd like to see it. My cholesterol was well over 300 untreated. I posted a lot of information and my posts are easily searchable as far as regimine and blood test results. My bloodwork is perfect now and I'm getting next to no increase in calcium which puts me at a very low risk of heart attack at this point. The growth of calcium is more important than the actual score... I copied and pasted the following but you can find the information for yourself.

During the period of study, heart attacks occurred in 41 participants. When these participants were analyzed, it was found that the average annual increase in score over the three year period was 42%. The average annual rate of increase in those free of heart attack was 17%. The group with the 42% annual rate of increase--all on statin drugs--the risk of heart attack was 17.2-fold greater, or 1720%.

The report made several other important observations:

--20% of the heart attack-free participants showed reduction of heart scan scores, i.e., reversal. None of the participants experiencing heart attack had a score reduction.
--Only 2 of the 41 heart attacks occurred in participants with <15% per year annual growth, while the rest (39) showed larger increases.
--The intensity of LDL reduction made no difference in whether heart attacks occurred or not. Those with LDL<100 mg/dl fared no better than those with LDL>100 mg/dl.

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by SonnyCrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:18 am

To make it easier.. My regimine is below..

20mg Lipitor
12 grams Vit C
3 grams lysine
2000 MG of Niacin (immediate release)
2 grams fish oil
400 mg magnesium
5000 IU Vit D
B Complex 50
25 mg Zinc
600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
150 mcg Vit K
500 mg NAC
50mg DHEA
25 mg Antenlol (beta blocker for high BP)
81 mg asprin (I hear it is very bad to take, I'm just really paranoid about having a heart attack, but I'll stop if you advise)

I've been on Testosterone Replacement Therapy for 6 months as well. This is known to reduce heart attack risk as well. My level is 950.. 2 shots a week.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 am

I like your supplements and while 10 mg is probably better than 20 mg - sounds like the statin is working for you. Know, the big problem with statins is that they block/deplete CoQ10.. Leading to heart failure... I did not see CoQ10 on your supplement list, but you should probably add 200 mg daily , with meals (requires fat/bile to absorb).

Vitamin C should/will counteract the propensity of aspirin to degrade your stomach and other tissues.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by jimmylesante » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:46 am

Nice work.
looking at your regime i would double the magnesium(perhaps check your BP doesnt drop too low with the meds)
increase your vitamin k...
i've been taking 2700mcg/day
either i'm doing too much or you too little.

Did you change your diet and exercise habits as well?

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by SonnyCrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Sorry.. That list wasn't updated all the way.. I take Vit k2 (the life extensions one).. and 400 mg of Co Q 10.. My apologies.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 am

This is a great article explaining why cholesterol does not cause heart disease.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/why- ... t-disease/

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by SonnyCrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:04 am

Joanna45 wrote:This is a great article explaining why cholesterol does not cause heart disease.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/why- ... t-disease/

It certainly did in my case. I refused to take statins for my entire life until I got news my calcium score was 112.

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by SonnyCrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:06 am

I don't want this to turn in a lipitor or cholesterol debate. Honestly, I don't think lipitor is the reason the progression stopped.. I took it for other reasons. Everyone's body is different, I think I stopped it with a combination of things.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

Well done!

jimmylesante wrote:Did you change your diet and exercise habits as well?

Does not answering this question mean you didn't change diet?

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by SonnyCrack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Sorry.. Just saw this.. I didn't exercise at all other than the usual 6000 steps.. No weight lifting or running or whatever.. As far as diet.. I did low-carb for a while but for the past year my diet has been pretty bad as far as what I eat.. I only eat twice a day though. I'm 5'11 190lbs.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”