Best vitamin E tocotrienols vs tocopherol

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Best vitamin E tocotrienols vs tocopherol

Post by BaronZemo » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:43 pm

I used to take natural (non acetate - not synthetic) tocopherol vitamin E, but am now aware there is supposed to be a better vitamin E called tocotrienols delta/gamma which are derived from rice bran or palm oils. Does it hold any advantage over the tocopherol vitamin e, which from what I understand get more than enough from food (and supposedly don't have to supplement ). With tocotrienols, we have to supplement in order to get enough. Does it hold any advantage over the other E, as it is harder to come by and expensive

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Best vitamin E tocotrienols vs tocopherol

Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Here is what I think I know.

The best vitamin E product on the market has been Unique-E by A.C. grace, which is a combination of mixed tocopherols.

Note: A. C. Grace was "forced" to come out with a tocotrienols product because of the demand/hype.

I know little about the new form, but the old form is what Pauling wrote about (The Shute brothers)

The problem is that unlike any other "vitamin" there is no deficiency disease to test what form is best.

I think the new form got a boost from a lot of bad or fraudulent publicity that vitamin E was somehow bad for heart patients.

I am always interested in interesting studies of tocotrienols, but I would make sure to also take tocopherols.

And we do know that low vitamin E blood levels arethe largest risk factor for a heart attack, more risk than either high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Best vitamin E tocotrienols vs tocopherol

Post by confused1 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Vitamin E has 8 forms, 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols. They perform different functions, but can substitute for each other somewhat. All eight forms should probably be taken. They compete with each other for absorption, so tocotrienols and tocopherols should be taken separately. Here is a good introduction piece. https://www.wholefoodsmagazine.com/arti ... n-e-family Don't stop taking your tocopherols!

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”