Prostate high PSA

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Prostate high PSA

Post by BaronZemo » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:08 pm

In beginning of month had a test for PSA and it spiked to 6.5 from 5.6 (first test was in October). Had test 1 year ago in august and PSA was normal or borderline, maybe 5 or so. My Aspartate Aminotransferase and Alanine Aminotransferase were both high for latest test. When I had blood work in October, Aspartate Aminotransferase was normal at upper range, prior to that both were high. This time they both spiked up to new highs, so they recommended liver ultra sound. and see a urologist.

Prior to the the blood work I had a week ago, I decided to try various supplements for fatty liver and prostate, neither worked as scores for both blood test spiked. For prostate I tried high dose lycopene at 1000 mg, pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto. For fatty liver I tried milk thistle and artichoke extract. I am not using them anymore but will start to use use iodine (which I had used in past for hypothyroid but for some reason stopped using. ) and am considering COQ10. What about ubiquinol and pomegranate extract , which had trials saying it worked for prostate. Any recommendation's for what to take?

As a side note, I take levothyroxine and in October my TSH was at .50, has been slightly lower at times, but in recent test although still normal, it went up t 2.00. Also had spikes in calcium, glucose and Albumin levels which were normal before, so only thing different is during holidays just prior to lab work, I had went out to eat more and eaten more read meat.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Prostate high PSA

Post by BaronZemo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:07 pm

Symptoms (if any) ?: Hematuria, dysuria, pyuria etc.?

Hematuria,no but have not used a microscope

dysuria, no but on rare occasion had slight burning sensation
pyuria have not had that test in urine but I believe white cell count is good based on blood work
Nocturia once in a while have had to get up once to urinate, infrequent
I do seem to urinate frequently though but not at night

Questions: Alcohol intake? Any ED issues?

little alcohol, don't believe I have ed

Labs: ALT/AST > 50 IU?

yes AST/SGOT 68U/ prev 44

also had ALT/SGPT which was very high as well did you need that?

Prostate imaging: weight: >250 grams?

Have not had yet maybe uro will order it I don't believe there is a med for fatty liver though

I have 3/4 diagnosis in mind. Shouldn't be difficult to treat/cure.
Hope you get well. Good luck.

eDOC!!

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:09 am

1. AST 68 U/L is high. Sign of inflammation, could be autoimmune, allergic, pathogenic etc.
2. I have treated many patients with NAFLD using Silymarin, Resveratrol and DMSO. Alone or in combinations.

I have been taking milk thistle for two months already, does it takes time before it starts to work? Also 100mg of Resveratrol daily. What is your take on over the counter DMSO?

I have had the high liver readings for quite some time, and as I take a lot supplements, any chance that could be causing the liver inflammation issue? One other fly in the ointment, but on the last blood work tests where my readings were high specifically for PSA, I took some leftover statin drug in order to get my cholesterol readings down as to not incur the incessant nagging of my dr. to "get on a statin" . The one reading where the psa and liver were closer to normal, was when I did not take the statin, but cholesterol readings were high, and yes I am on the Pauling protocol. for many years.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:55 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:59 pm

I am probably done with the forums, like once before some yrs. back when there were 1.7K members and now +2K...it's time to leave and let the well read, highly educated take over.
Almost 15 yrs, since '09. Time to retire. And work on viruses....
Good luck and Enjoy life, since is too short. For the love of Medicine!

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:00 pm

eDOC wrote:
ofonorow wrote:High cholesterol is a strong indicator that you require more vitamin C than you are supplementing.

Now that is incorrect, high cholesterol levels is sign of acute, chronic inflammation, disease, in the OP's case atherosclerosis, liver inflammation or Prostate.

Yes, and what would be ideal to deal with acute or chronic inflammation (other than the Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Cortisol)?

Vitamin C.

I am saying that if you have elevated cholesterol, it is a strong signal that you are not consuming enough vitamin C.

This is based on very strong science my dear eDOC. Take a moment before you leave, and scan these Ginter abstracts that we posted. They serve to illustrate the mountain of experimental evidence documenting the inverse relationship between vitamin C and cholesterol. Pauling reported on this monumental work in his 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER. He/Ginter informs us that total cholesterol normalizes to 180 mg/dl - as a function of vitamin C intake. I didn't think much about it until after I increased my vitamin C to 18,000 mg daily, and had a life insurance blood test. My cholesterol was 180 mg/dl. I went back to the book and was amazed by the precision of what is a rarity these days: true science.

Vitamin C and Cholesterol Science

https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=152
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:47 pm

Interesting thoughts by Owen and eDOC.
I suppose if vitamin C and cholesterol and inflammation are taken into consideration and the fix is a simple lack of vitamin C then a small increase would suffice.
However the reasoning may be the lack of vitamin C may be because of stress and disease so being used up. Such as liver cancer or bone cancer et al. Then perhaps eDOC is suggesting that the cause of the lack of vitamin C then must be fixed.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:04 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm

High cholesterol is a strong indicator that you require more vitamin C than you are supplementing. Cholesterol normalizes to 180 mg/dl on optimal vitamin C.

I

I take 18000 mg vitamin c half liposomal half regular time release cholesterol still at 270 ...I would have to go 50mg for loose stools

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:31 am

Speaking from experience, get a Prostate MRI

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am

DiverDown2 wrote:Speaking from experience, get a Prostate MRI

I had that two weeks ago and they said that I should now get a biopsy, what experience have u had?

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:23 am

My PSA had always been. 2.4 for years, then on a blood test it jumped to 3.6 within 3 months.
I went to my (now former) urologist and he did the finger test and said small and smooth nothing to worry about, but I was animate I wanted an MRI.
When it came back it showed cancer. The (now former) urologist wanted to do surgery and remove my prostate, I said NO.
I went to The Busch Center in Alpharetta Ga. (prostate is all they do with the TULSA Procedure.
He looked at the MRI that was done and immediately threw it in the trash because of its poor quality and performed an MRI with top-of-the-line MRI machine.
Within 10 minutes he showed us what we had, which was Cancer very near the Nerve Bundle, He did a Biopsy using the MRI machine for precision and not like regular urologist that (does not use MRI for precise location) that uses 12 pokes to try and find the correct area. He did 3 pokes, it verified Cancer and type.

10 days later he called and said he had discussed my case with doctors in Germany and Canada and believes even though the cancer was so close to the Nerve Bundle they can Use the TULSA and spare the nerves and remove the cancer. Long story shorter, He did the procedure and was able to spare the Nerve Bundle and 5 years later proven with yearly MRI's NO Cancer, preserved my Sexual function and urinary function with no problems.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 am

can they do hifu (busch)? Is busch the only one who does it that way? With me they want to do 1 or more pokes for biopsy, does Busch have a special mri machine for this ? How big was prostate at time of surgery, what are limits in prostate size? What do you think caused it in your case? Have you changed your diet?,

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:56 am

He does NOT do hifu, Yes he has the best MRI machine made, cost over 500,000. Don't remember size. The TRT doctor had me on too much testosterone is what I believe was the cause. No need to change diet, have always ate good, no sugar and no refined or Processed food.
If money is any obstacle, Busch Center is Self Pay. 30K.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”