Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

New Member, Wife has Colon Cancer, Giving her IV/C

Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:58 pm

Greetings,

My wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer 14 months ago. At first I was interested in high dose Vitamin C for palitive care and to reduce chronic fatigue. Had problems getting it, 3 doctors, her PCP, GI, and Palitive turned us down for a prescription. So I sourced it from India via internet, and started low dose 5 grams in an IV bag.

It confirmed several Pubmed studies that Vitamin C reduces nerve and bone pain. Her case is very complicated, she is fragile, I make small changes at a time. But Vitamin C IV dramatically reduces nerve and bone pain. I'm up to 15 grams . Been giving her daily doses for about 5 months.

R

Welcome and very sorry to hear about your wife. Congrats on your efforts getting her IV/C.

As a member

We have a forum devoted to intravenous vitamin C viewforum.php?f=21

Primer including Cathcart Lecture: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10208#p30289

IV Speeds vary in correct protocol viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9512

Discussing a Riordin Clinic cancer protocol viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14195&hilit=Riordan

The answer is dosage, and for an IV/C - it is at least 80,000 mg (80 CC or grams) .. from memory (see link) make sure the vitamin C is sodium ascorbate (or a buffered Ascorbic acid!!) and I think the protocol is fast drip drip 60 g for the first hour or two, and then the drip is slowed down, and the rest (20,000 mg) is giving at a slower rate. (Providers don't like the time it takes, but this 1-2 protocol raises and maintains vitamin c at cancer killing levels in the blood for the longest amount of time.) Ref: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13023&p=46602#p46602

The first reference is from Clinical and Experimental Experiences with Intravenous Vitamin C by Riordan et al (http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/j4-p201.pdf):

We gave a series of vitamin C infusions to a 72 year old male who was in excellent physical condition except for slowly progressing, non-metastatic carcinoma of the prostate...From this experiment we observed that a 30 gram infusion was not adequate to raise plasma levels of vitamin C to a level that was toxic to tumor cells (>200 mg/dL for dense monolayers and >400 mg/dL for hollow fiber models). Infusion of 60 grams resulted in a brief (30 min) elevation of plasma levels of vitamin C above 400 mg/dL, while 60 grams infused over 60 minutes immediately followed by 20 grams infused over the next 60 minutes resulted in a 240 minute period in which the vitamin C plasma concentration was near or above 400 mg/dL.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”