VITAMIN C CURES: Heart Disease

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

VITAMIN C CURES: Heart Disease

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 am

Of all the articles and books I have read on Vitamin C and heart disease including Linus Pauling and heart disease ..Practicing Medicine Without A License: Is the best book on the market for explaining Linus Pauling Research on vitamin C and Lysine for curing heart disease..
Joanna

Thank you very much Joanns45.

Practicing Medicine w/out a License may be renamed Vitamin C Cures: Heart Disease.

In addition the PMWAL book, information about the relation between vitamin C and heart disease exists in very few places. There is Dr Levy's Stop America's #1 Killer, and the Steve Hickey and Hiliary Robert's Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C.

And of course this forum .. (And a little birdie told me that there is an "old internet archive" where all versions of all web sites can be found.)
In case you missed the reviews of the book :D

The most valuable book I have ever owned...

Mon Dec 6 10:42:05 CST 2010

Owen Fonorow;

The most valuable book I have ever owned is Practicing Medicine Without A license. Please let me know when I will be able to obtain a copy of the Handbook Volume 2. Thank you for you valuable time.

Sincerely Yours;

Gloria Goetze

September, 2011

Dear Owen Fonorow,

"I have been communicating with Sally Jewell for some time. I have not read a book that electrified me as much, and that answered questions that I had now been able to find answers to. I was mesmerized when your info clicked with what I had studied so hard before this. Owen, I have read volumes of books, newsletters, email entries from authentic and knowledgeable sources, etc. I belong to five libraries to find enough material. Since I do not listen to TV, I have the time to pursue other means of information. ( I have been in multi-media P.R., sales and advertising for 25 years, and I know what the media usually has to offer... I wrote a lot of the hype.)

Your writing is so easy to read, basic-like 2 plus 2 equals 4. I suggest that my students each read it for their own education and for their family and friends, especially if they have any heart problems.

By the way, I am deeply moved to be communicating with you. I am so impressed with the research you did to write such a book! It is indeed a breakthrough, not only for me but for many, many others.

Thank you,

Marna L'Amie

Mon Mar 10, 2008
"Congratulations on the book, it is terrific, well written, easy to read, and probably the best literary work on the subject since Pauling. In fact it brings together not only Pauling's teachings, but adds so much with the testimonials, and the information from other authors, such as Levy." -
William Decker (Founder, Tower Laboratories Corp)

Wed Mar 12 2008
"Owen, I just finished reading your book. Impressive. I think you got it all covered and presented in a very understandable manner. I look forward to Vol II - let me know if I can help - I might have some stories." - George Van Giesen, MD

Thu Mar 13 2008
"Hi Owen, What a super job you've done! I'll buy it as soon as you get the shop going on the website. And very many thanks for all your flattery." - Sydney Bush, UK

Mar 16 2008
"Owen, Got the book..........excellent..............I'll be waiting to see you on Oprah and I am not kidding.
Thanks,
Barry E." - Illinois

Fri Jul 4 CDT 2008
"Hi Owen,I received your book from Sally Jewell. What an eye opener, I pray that people will get there hands on it. You are helping a lot of people and your rewards will be great. I loved the testimonies in the book,I read them over and over.

The book on the whole, is outstanding!

Hi Owen, Just want you to know that I finished your book and wrote a review which has been published on Amazon. It's a rather comprehensive and very positive 5-star review, although I did make one criticism. I'm emailing you in fairness in case you or your associates might want to comment below my review in defense of the criticism. However (as I indicated in the review) the information you provided about lipoprotein(a) is exceptionally helpful, and that alone is worth more than the price of the book.

The book on the whole, is outstanding!

With appreciation,
Fred Pauser (aka purposefirst)

I think it is time to announce that I have completed writing a book about the Pauling Therapy for heart disease because it is off to the publisher for final formatting.

I can safely say that there has never been a book like it.

Book details: http://PracticingMedicineWithoutALicense.com

Press Release ... http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/02/prweb726684.htm

A medical doctor could not have written this book, for many reasons, but not the least of which is that medical doctors are prohibited by law from treating patients with products, methods, etc. that "prevent, treat, or cure disease" and that have not been approved by the FDA.

This book has been twelve years in the writing. And at least 60 years in the making, if you consider all the science that is covered.

The message in this book is really contained in the case histories of former heart patients. Stories of real people using their real names and in their own words. Some are ongoing now for over a decade. Former heart patients who were on their death beds before discovering the "hidden" Pauling cure.

Their common message: Stop taking Pauling-therapy size dosages of vitamin C At Your Own Risk!

This forum has been of great assistance to me in writing the book.

Practicing Medicine Without A License ?
The Story of the Pauling Therapy for Heart Disease

Volume I of the Pauling Therapy Handbook

Copyright 2008 Owen R. Fonorow

You already know many of the stories, as they have been posted in the Heart Disease forum.

I’ve been told that my book potentially puts the companies/products I mention by name in jeopardy, in that these products may be confiscated by the FDA. It is possible that a legal battle of monumental proportions will ensue, but rest assured, this has been done in the name of Linus Pauling, and we will not be afraid to use his name in this battle. Pauling’s reputation will be restored no matter what happens because he was right. There simply haven’t been ANY studies run to prove it yet.

I am happy to report that there is a wealthy benefactor, who for the time-being wishes to remain anonymous, who has promised to cover all legal expenses that either I or other "vitamin C advocates" incur fighting the U. S. Government over the contents of this book. I have reasons to believe that this pledge is solid, and that we may also soon obtain a grant to help us finally run the much needed study of Pauling’s vitamin C theory.

Now, I want to make a statement that I am currently in fine health and I have no plans what-so-ever to commit suicide. Should something untimely happen to me at this point, it won’t stop publication, and hopefully such an unwelcome event would only serve to increase sales.

I originally planned to hold back publication, and send advance/review copies to the CEOs of every company that has manufactured vitamin C in the past, and might be inclined to do so in the future. These leaders should at least know about this so that they may consider the ramifications, and consider increasing future capacity, just in case.

This is where members of the forum can help. I plan on still contacting the leaders of ADM, DSM, BASF, etc. but not before the book is released to the public. Members of this forum might be able to help by finding the names/addresses of these and other companies. Perhaps even writing your own letters to attempt to persuade them to increase the world’s manufacturing capacity of ascorbic acid. I’d appreciate if you send me a private message with any/all addresses you think of for this purpose.

Also, the initial price may seem pricey, but a large portion of the royalties will be donated to the Foundation. If you want to purchase a large quantity I may be able to make an allowance, so send me a private message with the details.

For now and forever more, heart disease is a vitamin C deficiency disease. A form of chronic scurvy.

We could not fit everything into a single book. I am almost completed with Volume 2 - which will cover the mechanics of how this discovery made by one of the world’s most immenient scientists was covered up.

The first person to read this book is quite timid. In his emails of late, after reading it, he has started to use the word "slimeballs" to refer to those involved in the cover-up of vitamin C and the denigration of Linus Pauling. I don’t know if this reaction will be typical, because the first volume doesn’t contain any of the suppression info. However, I think the word "slimeball" is a remarkably descriptive term, and I am seriously thinking about calling the second volume

‘Slimeballs’
The Great Suppression of the Pauling Therapy for Heart Disease and other Natural Cures

I hope the quackbusters won’t take offense.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Pauling Therapy Heart Disease Book To the Printers

Post Number:#2  Post by BaronZemo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:31 pm

The book is really about the case studies. Stories of real people using their real names. Some are ongoing now for over a decade. Former heart patients who were on their death beds before discovering the "hidden" Pauling cure

This was one of the reasons I was attracted to Paulings therapy

This forum has been of great assistance to me in writing the book.
[/color]

So does that mean we get a piece of the action?

I’ve been told that my book potentially puts the companies/products I mention by name in jeopardy, in that these products may be confiscated by the FDA. It is possible that a legal battle of monumental proportions will ensue, but rest assured, this has been done in the name of Linus Pauling, and we will not be afraid to use his name in this battle. Pauling’s reputation will be restored no matter what happens because he was right. There simply haven’t been ANY studies run to prove it yet.

Well remember though, you are taking on Fat Pharma and all the little piggies that are feeding at the trough ...most importantly the media. be careful what (If any) talk shows or magazine articles you agree to interview in. These people will have no objection to undermine and lie about you as you already know. In a way I wish that there wasn't any more coverage to Pauling since it will bring more and stronger reactions from the dark forces

The first person to read this book is quite timid. In his emails of late, after reading it, he has started to use the word "slimeballs" to refer to those involved in the cover-up of vitamin C and the denigration of Linus Pauling. I don’t know if this reaction will be typical, because the first volume doesn’t contain any of the suppression info. However, I think the word "slimeball" is a remarkably descriptive term, and I am seriously thinking about calling the second volume

I prefer sociopath, but most people do not know what it means. unfortunately

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks for the warning! I'm told that grammatically Slime Balls is two words. They will of course do everything they can to save their very existence, but they have somewhat of a conundrum. As I say, this could NOT have been written by a doctor, So saying that I am not a "real" doctor plays into our hands.

As I wrote it, it became clear that no one, no scientist, no doctor can defend Pauling for the simple reason there hasn't been a single study run to test the therapy in the dosages he recommended, and there may never be because of the Upper Tolerable Limit. It is their perfect defense

So this book is the only way - through 10 years of incredible case studies, of people using their real names, really unbelievable, to get the word out that Pauling was in fact right in the science.

So long as the indefensible "Tolerable Upper Limit" exists, Pauling won't be officially vindicated. You need a study or two for that.

But the time will come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

So does that mean we get a piece of the action?

The answer is definitely YES, but I don't like mixing this with the Foundation, so I'm not going to publish this information publiclly.

If you have an interest in using this knowledge to "get some of the action" then send me a Private Message and I'll tell you how. But yes, depending on the upcoming fight it may be easy and a remarkably smart thing for every member of this forum to do, at least those in the USA
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#4  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 am

ofonorow wrote:A medical doctor could not have written this book, for many reasons, but not the least of which is that medical doctors are prohibited by law from treating patients with products, methods, etc. that "prevent, treat, or cure disease" and that have not been approved by the FDA.

Owen, I didn't know this. No wonder doctor's won't even recommend vitamin supplements instead of drugs. What a sick medical system we have.

ofonorow wrote:The book is really about the case studies. Stories of real people using their real names. Some are ongoing now for over a decade. Former heart patients who were on their death beds before discovering the "hidden" Pauling cure.

Does this mean that people like me won't benefit much from the book because its geared more toward the medical profession?

So what is the cost of the first volume?
Is there a discount for those who purchase early?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:59 am

Do you benefit from the case studies posted here? If so then you'll benefit from the stories of the people in the book. The point is that the amounts required to correct severe disease match what Pauling recommended, but are way over the "upper tolerable limit" which has prevented Pauling from being vindicated. But I'd say the book is aimed more at the general audience than a medical audience.

I think that in the USA there will be a grass roots word-of-mouth spread through churches.

However, every cardiologist, save Dr. Thomas Levy who already knows all this, would benefit from reading the book, well, their patients would benefit because patients wouldn't need the cardiologist any more.

We are going to suggest that Cardiologist not be allowed to treat patients until they are trained in Pauling's vitamin C theory he he he
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Seymore Spectacles

Post Number:#6  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Bill Sardi plugged your upcoming book, Owen. I thought you'd like to know ... if you didn't already.

Next month a postal stamp bearing Linus Pauling's face will be issued and likely become a collector's item for vitamin C advocates. A new book entitled “Practicing Medicine Without A License,” by Owen Fonorow, co-founder of The Vitamin C Foundation, debuts soon and provides good instruction for Americans who want to stay heart healthy.

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/blog/2 ... -drug.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Practicing Medicine Without A License ?

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:14 am

Book is currently out for review, and the first reviewers comments are in.
"Congratulations on the book, it is terrific, well written, easy to read, and probably the best literary work on the subject since Pauling. In fact it brings together not only Pauling’s teachings, but adds so much with the testimonials, and the information from other authors, such as Levy." - Bill Decker, Tower Laboratories

I'm going to move some discussion to its own topic.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by rider » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:44 am

we're looking forward to this book! :D
Life's to short to be bored.
TC & have fun!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am

rider wrote:we're looking forward to this book! :D

The final version has been submitted. Thanks to my co-author, Sally Jewell, who has corrected more than 200 typos and formatting errors in the review version.

The softcover should be orderable at http://LULU.COM/paulingtherapy soon, perhaps late next week. (We have to print a copy and make sure everything is okay before making it generally available.) Also, when it flows to Amazon and other book sellers, they will be offering their standard discounts.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

BIOHazard87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by BIOHazard87 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Will a hard cover version be available? I hate how I cant set a paperback down and read it without it closing itself
Owen wrote:Well, Your doctor learns what he thinks he knows from drug companies.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:04 am

Good question, the Hardcover is also in production, and will be no more than 1 month later than the softcover. And our plans are for the Hardcover to include the Pauling unified theory lecture on DVD, or the right to be sent a copy

We are also looking for translators. We have spanish already.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

BIOHazard87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by BIOHazard87 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Very nice, I will wait for that then :)
Owen wrote:Well, Your doctor learns what he thinks he knows from drug companies.

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by DanSco » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:02 am

My book arrived last night.
I found a typo on page 23. The last sentence should start "Adjacent segments without...."
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

Magister22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by Magister22 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:00 pm

DanSco wrote:My book arrived last night.
I found a typo on page 23. The last sentence should start "Adjacent segments without...."

I found some typos too. Lest anyone think the book is receiving only criticism, let me hasten to say that I enjoyed it very much. I think I will order another copy and send it to my brother, whom I have been trying to coax into increasing his daily Vitamin C intake from the current 2,000 mg. to 3,000 mg. Small steps for the skeptical. Sigh.

Now the list of typos and other possible corrections:

1. On the bottom of page 20, there is this sentence: "By 1995 Willis had..." I believe that should be "By 1955 Willis had..."

2. In the middle of page 28 there is this sentence: "Dr. Levy then found more than 650 studies form the scientific..." I think "form" should be "from."

3. On pp 36-37 there is a quote from Linus Pauling followed by "1986, 2006." Surely only the first date is correct and 2006 should be removed?

4. On page 92, about 2/3 of the way down, there is a sentence in which I think a well intended attempt at gender neutrality turned out badly: "The doctor would receive his or her annual payment when a family gives to him or her voucher." I know it's not politically correct these days to mention it but the rule in English is that the masculine form is used as the indefinite personal pronoun. So I think a lot of confusion could be avoided by rewriting the sentence as, "The doctor would receive his annual payment when a family gives him their voucher."

-- Magister22

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 am

Thank you very much! Others please feel free to send us any errors. We understand this is important constructive criticism.

I think we caught these but will double check.

Perhaps the 1986/2006 is confusing, but LPI republished HTLLAFB (the Pauling book) after 20 years. That is why we included both years. And they made some changes that although minor, I personally found offensive - such as including the upper tolerable limit numbers in the new version!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”