Question

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Question

Post Number:#16  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Francis
I don't think she she really understands what role Lpa plays in heart disease ..I had to go to a private lab to have the Lpa test done and pay out of pocket it was not expensive though around 48 dollars..

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:43 pm

That's sad that doesn't have any knowledge of lpa but at least it wasn't insanely expensive.

My doctor had not heard of it and there was no place on the bloodwork order so he had to write it in. I told him why I wanted it and he didn't hesitate because he doesn't like writing statin scripts and wants me to try anything possible. I am not sure yet if insurance covered it so I might be getting a bill as well.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#18  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 am

Francis
I agree sad that physicians are not open to any other methods that have been proven to work..but the cardiologists would lose a lot of patients If all his patients with narrowed arteries decided to do the Linus Pauling therapy..and the angio labs where they do all the stents just imagine all the money they would no longer have...and that is really the problem with health care..they keep us dependent on them..

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 am

Joanna, I think you are correct and unfortunately money is made in the already sick people but next to nothing for preventative care. Even if it switched doctors would not know anything about prevention!

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:44 am

zarfas wrote:
francisunderwood wrote:
Can you break this down to something I can comprehend?

do as the guys say on here
take vit C on an empty stomach
or the very least, dont eat fat with your vitamin C

I understand that I need to take it on an empty stomach I just wanted further clarification on what you posted meant in more technical terms. Is it bad if I take C with fat or am I just not getting the full benfit?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:22 am

There are no known issues taking vitamin C with fat that I am aware of? Where did that come from?

The issue is fiber. Fiber is indigestible, and if the nutrients "stick" to the fiber, then they are pooped out. (Fiber can be indispensable to proper bowel movements, but, high dose supplements, e.g. vitamin C and lysine, should not be taken at the same time.) We had an early case of an individual not seeing the same benefits that everyone else was reporting on Linus Pauling's therapy. Turns out he made the "healthy" choice to take his vitamin C and lysine with a lot of fiber. Guessing this was the problem, he began to take them separately, and ouila, he then almost immediately obtained the benefits every one else was reporting
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by francisunderwood » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 am

I have read several things that suggest taking c, lysine and proline on an empty stomach gives them a better chance at being absorbed. So I wouldn't call that an issue but rather making the most of a supplement. Is this not correct?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 am

Which is a totally different issue than what we are talking about in this forum, using high dose vitamin C and lysine for cardiovascular disease.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 am

What is wise about giving false information?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 am

OK are we supposed to take C on a empty stomach or not. Or how long after we eat can we take our C
Ty

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 am

Personally, I don't think it matters, but over the years, the people who experimented with different timing, consistently reported the fewest "nuisance" effects taking Cardio-C/Heart Technology 20 minutes prior to meals.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#27  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 am

ty

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#28  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:OK are we supposed to take C on a empty stomach or not. Or how long after we eat can we take our C
Ty

I take it 7 to 8 times a day. At least 1 hr from food & a half before. I was able to achieve a blood level of 8 mg/dl which fell right inline with this study in this post.
viewtopic.php?p=47575#p47575

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:OK are we supposed to take C on a empty stomach or not. Or how long after we eat can we take our C
Ty

I take it 7 to 8 times a day. At least 1 hr from food & a half before. I was able to achieve a blood level of 8 mg/dl which fell right inline with this study in this post.
viewtopic.php?p=47575#p47575

That is hardcore dedication! If I did that I would have to carry pills or water with me all day.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#30  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

TY, how much do you take each time and is it powder form?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”