Help with lipid panel sizing results

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johndom1
Contributor
Contributor

Help with lipid panel sizing results

Post Number:#1  Post by johndom1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 am

Hello Owen and John Wen,

I need some help interpreting and understanding results from a Cardio IQ test (fractionation by ion mobility). These questions do not center around the LDL-C number because I am not worried about that. I am worried about LDL-P because a high number of particles means a potentially high number of small particles.

Background:

1 year ago I had a heart attack and received 3 stents. I was 41 years old, 270 pounds and had metabolic syndrome with high blood pressure (I took BP medicine at the time Benicar w/ HCT 20/12.5 mg).

My doctors put me on the following medicines:
Effient :10 mg/day
Baby Aspirin: 81 mg/day
Meterprolol long lasting: 25 mg/day (The last month I have reduced to 12.5 mg)
Lipitor: see below for dosage

I found the Lipitor to have unbearable side effects and cut the dosage down to 20 mg for the first 3 months, then cut it to 10 mg for next 8 months and recently stopped taking it all together.

I read your site and posted some questions and I put myself on a Pauling type protocol and have been taking the following for the past year.

Morning:
Lysine 1600 mg 1/2 teaspoon
Proline 250 mg 1/8 teaspoon
Taurine 900 mg 1/4 teaspoon
Magnesium Glycinate 1000 mg 1/4 teaspoon
Fish Oil 1000 mg
Co-Q10 200 mg
Vitamin C 4500 mg 1 teaspoon (bowel titrate level)

Lunch:
Vitamin C 4500 mg 1 teaspoon

Night:
Fish Oil 1000 mg

I also went on a low-carb, high-fat diet. I lost, 65 pounds in 6 months and have consistently 205 pounds (+/- 2, yes it is that tight).

I started exercising 5 days a week. Generally resistant 3 days a week and cardio the other 2 days or vice versa. I have just recently started warming up on resistance days with high intensity interval training (Sprint 8). In the last 4 months I trained for a 5K. I had to stop because the statins were cramping up one of my calf muscles and I could not jog for more than 10 minutes. I quit the statin and ran the 5K 2 weeks later. Now I jog 2 miles twice a week. I quit the statin a month ago and titrated up to 2 grams of niacin a day (to elevated HDL and lower BP)

I feel great other than some light-headed-ness and dizziness. My BP is regularly <120/<70. So, in the past 2 weeks I have cut my BP med in-half. Still having some issues.

Last week, I had a Cardio IQ test. I find my results are not that great and need some help understanding them.

HDL: 59
- this is great for me, one year ago it was 29

Triglycerides: 69
- 2 months ago it was 60, not bad but I think I need it lower ~50, is that correct?

Tot/HDL Ratio: 4.2
- this is still high, I think I need it below 3.1, is that correct?

Particle measurements in nmol/L

LDL Particle number: 1539
- I have no idea where I should be. The test suggests <1260. How do I lower LDL-P. I have read statins do and don’t lower. I have read Niacin will help. I only did therapeutic levels of niacin 1 month before the test so they may not have had time to make an effect. Any suggestions?

LDL Small: 226
- the test suggests <162 and I’m sure the best number is 0. How do I lower this number?

LDL Medium: 283
- the test suggest <201, I have no idea.

HDL Large: 4344
- the test suggests >9300. Since, I have been paying attention to my health, this has been low. I know Niacin is supposed to help. Any other suggestions on how to lower this number?

LDL Peak Size: 223.6 angstroms (with a Patten A)
- I know I need large and fluffy. Pattern A is supposed to be large and fluffy. But, is this a good size? Does this mean anything?

Lp(a): 113
-The tests suggest <75. I take lysine and proline. Should I increase proline?

Homocysteine: 10.9
- I want 6 to 8. I just found out I am genetically deficient in producing the enzyme to make follate and have starting supplementing “active” follate, B12 and B6. I think that will lower my homocysteine.

I the past 2 months I have added the following supplements because of the jogging cramps and the results of a genetic test:

Morning:
Hawthorne Berry 1000 mg (for fibrinogen)
Prebiotic (Kefir) 4 oz
Vitamin B3 (Niacine) 2000 mg 1/8 teaspoon
Vitamin B6 100 mg
Vitamin B9 (Follate) 800 mcg (homocysteine)
Vitamin B12 5000 IU
Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 100 mcg

Night:
Magnesium 300 mg 1 Tablespoon (cramps)
Posassium Citrate 275 mg

I don’t know if should celebrate, cry or just say “OK.” I have been working hard and feel like I am in the best health of my life (at 42). I have never been able to jog and I now I power thru 2 miles any time I feel like it. Neither my cardiologist nor GP approve of my protocol and they just want me on statins with an LDL-C of 60... I wish I could find a low-carb Dr.

Please help

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Help with lipid panel sizing results

Post Number:#2  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:26 pm

johndom1 wrote:Hello Owen and John Wen,

I need some help interpreting and understanding results from a Cardio IQ test (fractionation by ion mobility). These questions do not center around the LDL-C number because I am not worried about that. I am worried about LDL-P because a high number of particles means a potentially high number of small particles.

Background:

1 year ago I had a heart attack and received 3 stents. I was 41 years old, 270 pounds and had metabolic syndrome with high blood pressure (I took BP medicine at the time Benicar w/ HCT 20/12.5 mg).

My doctors put me on the following medicines:
Effient :10 mg/day
Baby Aspirin: 81 mg/day
Meterprolol long lasting: 25 mg/day (The last month I have reduced to 12.5 mg)
Lipitor: see below for dosage

I found the Lipitor to have unbearable side effects and cut the dosage down to 20 mg for the first 3 months, then cut it to 10 mg for next 8 months and recently stopped taking it all together.

I read your site and posted some questions and I put myself on a Pauling type protocol and have been taking the following for the past year.

Morning:
Fish Oil 1000 mg
Co-Q10 200 mg
Vitamin C 4500 mg 1 teaspoon (bowel titrate level)

Lunch:

Night:
Fish Oil 1000 mg

I also went on a low-carb, high-fat diet. I lost, 65 pounds in 6 months and have consistently 205 pounds (+/- 2, yes it is that tight).

I started exercising 5 days a week. Generally resistant 3 days a week and cardio the other 2 days or vice versa. I have just recently started warming up on resistance days with high intensity interval training (Sprint 8). In the last 4 months I trained for a 5K. I had to stop because the statins were cramping up one of my calf muscles and I could not jog for more than 10 minutes. I quit the statin and ran the 5K 2 weeks later. Now I jog 2 miles twice a week. I quit the statin a month ago and titrated up to 2 grams of niacin a day (to elevated HDL and lower BP)

I feel great other than some light-headed-ness and dizziness. My BP is regularly <120/<70. So, in the past 2 weeks I have cut my BP med in-half. Still having some issues.

Last week, I had a Cardio IQ test. I find my results are not that great and need some help understanding them.

HDL: 59
- this is great for me, one year ago it was 29

Triglycerides: 69
- 2 months ago it was 60, not bad but I think I need it lower ~50, is that correct?

Tot/HDL Ratio: 4.2
- this is still high, I think I need it below 3.1, is that correct?

Particle measurements in nmol/L

LDL Particle number: 1539
- I have no idea where I should be. The test suggests <1260. How do I lower LDL-P. I have read statins do and don’t lower. I have read Niacin will help. I only did therapeutic levels of niacin 1 month before the test so they may not have had time to make an effect. Any suggestions?

LDL Small: 226
- the test suggests <162 and I’m sure the best number is 0. How do I lower this number?

LDL Medium: 283
- the test suggest <201, I have no idea.

HDL Large: 4344
- the test suggests >9300. Since, I have been paying attention to my health, this has been low. I know Niacin is supposed to help. Any other suggestions on how to lower this number?

LDL Peak Size: 223.6 angstroms (with a Patten A)
- I know I need large and fluffy. Pattern A is supposed to be large and fluffy. But, is this a good size? Does this mean anything?

Lp(a): 113
-The tests suggest <75. I take lysine and proline. Should I increase proline?

Homocysteine: 10.9
- I want 6 to 8. I just found out I am genetically deficient in producing the enzyme to make follate and have starting supplementing “active” follate, B12 and B6. I think that will lower my homocysteine.

I the past 2 months I have added the following supplements because of the jogging cramps and the results of a genetic test:

Morning:
Hawthorne Berry 1000 mg (for fibrinogen)
Prebiotic (Kefir) 4 oz
Vitamin B3 (Niacine) 2000 mg 1/8 teaspoon
Vitamin B6 100 mg
Vitamin B9 (Follate) 800 mcg (homocysteine)
Vitamin B12 5000 IU
Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 100 mcg

Night:
Magnesium 300 mg 1 Tablespoon (cramps)
Posassium Citrate 275 mg

I don’t know if should celebrate, cry or just say “OK.” I have been working hard and feel like I am in the best health of my life (at 42). I have never been able to jog and I now I power thru 2 miles any time I feel like it. Neither my cardiologist nor GP approve of my protocol and they just want me on statins with an LDL-C of 60... I wish I could find a low-carb Dr.

Please help

LP (a) is the major thing to concern you.
Get it to be as low as possible,
You must drop any statin,
Eat lots of leafy organic greens supplement with mk7 300 mcgr min a day
Niacin is crucial too I do 7 gr a day IR
Fish oil 5 gr min
I got mine from 40 to less than 10 in one year.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am

Johndom;

First I agree with the previous post because the LP(a) lipid is the most dangerous of all of the above.

However it appears to me your seeking knowledge on what all this means and what they all are about.

So I did some checking and came up with a couple of links that pretty well describes the down and dirty of it all. This saves me a ton of time trying to explain it all to you.

Here’s the links the first one here get’s into your concerns here.

http://www.heartpoint.com/cholesadvanced.html

This is the main page where the first one is linked from.
The underlined titles are links to the next rundown on that particular subject.

http://www.heartpoint.com/cholesterolmain.html

Lots of reading but when your done you’ll probably be able to run circles around you doc with your knowledge!!! :shock:

If you want to get an idea of how small were talking about here’s a conversion calculator for Angstroms it’s converted to English, metric etc. measurements. :wink:

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/l ... gstrom&v=1
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

johndom1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by johndom1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 am

John Wen,

Thanks for the links. I have looked all all these sites and am left confused. The reason is because there are about 3 different "brands" of tests. I don't think the sizes and units are consistent across the results sets. For example, one defines Pattern A as a peak size < XXX unit A. While, the other defines it as peak size < YYY unit B. When I find the conversion and do it, the numbers are significantly different ~20 angstroms - which apparently means a lot.

At the end of the day, I just want to get my LP(a) and LDL-P down...

Skwoodwiva,

Thank for the info. Do you divide your fish oil, mk-7, and niacin or do you take them all at the same time? I have read it is best to take immediate release all at once because that is easier on the liver (don't take flush free or extended).

Best regards,

John

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:00 pm

I take the IR with my 6 to 8 daily dosings of vitamin-c, aminos so I get no rush.
Vitamin-k needs to be with fatty foods twice a day

I take the HeartSmart semi milti with D3.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”